What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(((Blue 😴 Dream)))

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx buddy you are welcome.
I was very interested in this weed gem since i heard of it. Wasn't blue dream the stuff to smoke for creative people? Iirc should give a big creativity boost if it's the real deal. Also any kind of bd concentrate should be dank as fuck

harvestreaper

Veteran
For the sake of conversation Do we actually know the origins of blue dream? can it be traced back to the original area and the people who made the strain? .. Blueberry x Super silver haze? or was it super silver haze x blueberry? Whose blueberry ? whose super super haze I’m thinking the first I heard about it was probably around 2006/2007 I’m not sure
santa cruz ssh cut x djs f5 bb pollen i believe ,,same pollen as the bb in jonny blaze ,,after a buddy in us told me how good it was i tried to knock up a diy version here in uk and used jonny blaze male to an azure haze female which is f4 bb pollen bred to the same ssh cut as bluedream so i had both parents as grandparents in the mix had some great plantsout of that combo and one of my keepers had that wonderful cedar going on looking forward to see you do your thing with her

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Interesting would be what haze was used SSH, amnesia haze, nevills haze or just haze?

Browsing throug the old threads some say that the original should be a cross with original haze wondering if with the new haze boom on ic some talented chucker can create a new version?

@flower~power is yours more pinene dominant or myrcene dominant?
In this thread chimera writes that there are 2 blue dreams going around in mendo. One more pinene dominant which he prefered over the myrcene dominant cut.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice you found some even older posts. Wonder why they didn't show in the search for me. Oh well doesn't matter.

Seems there is something about it in Jason King's Cannabible 3 from 2006. Anyone have the book?

santa cruz ssh cut x djs f5 bb pollen i believe ,,same pollen as the bb in jonny blaze ,,after a buddy in us told me how good it was i tried to knock up a diy version here in uk and used jonny blaze male to an azure haze female which is f4 bb pollen bred to the same ssh cut as bluedream so i had both parents as grandparents in the mix had some great plantsout of that combo and one of my keepers had that wonderful cedar going on looking forward to see you do your thing with her

I've smoked about 10 different blue dreams. I think only one was the real deal. I would like to try a confirmed sample someday.

@ the last page of the search results there is a button for older results.

Interesting would be what haze was used SSH, amnesia haze, nevills haze or just haze?

Browsing throug the old threads some say that the original should be a cross with original haze wondering if with the new haze boom on ic some talented chucker can create a new version?

@flower~power is yours more pinene dominant or myrcene dominant?
In this thread chimera writes that there are 2 blue dreams going around in mendo. One more pinene dominant which he prefered over the myrcene dominant cut.

I've never smoked a real blue dream. I grew a clone of a knockoff, which didn't pass the grow it twice test. I know the real one has enough loyal fans that there is something special about it. For a few years blue dream and gg#4 were considered the two most popular strains in the country.
Oh it’s definitely the authenticity and anybody who wants it can have it but you gotta come and get it:sneaky: As far as two different blue dreams it’s probably the most counterfeited strain in existence there’s only one the original Santa Cruz blue dream

Blue Dream, untapped breeding potential. Crossed with a Chem type, I was getting record breaking yields and a devastating effect. Blue Dream is a medium yielder and very boring compared to numerous phenos from that one off pollenation. Still have lots of seed, maybe even something better in there.

@chilliwilli … it definitely has an upbeat type of head buzz very little body buzzfor me but I don’t get any pine terps “ nor this myrcene effect either >>>

Strains high in pinene and limonene typically align well with the effects of sativa-dominant strains. On the other hand, cannabis strains high in myrcene are usually (but not always) Indica-dominant. Myrcene is known for its sedating, relaxing effects.​

Hmm, makes sense all the Ace landrace sativa stuff contains myrcene then? Vape pen terp marketing... is literal nonsense. Smelling myrcene in weed is like smelling a single piece of grape peel in a bathtub of vinegar. You can't. The volatile acids are too strong. Getting high off myrcene etc is nothing but mind games. Those botanical terps have no scientifically chemical ability to modulate the effect. Like a crusty herpes girl wearing the same perfume of your first girlfriend. Your mind might say she's good in bed, but it ain't changing reality.. No matter what big pharma tells you.

Except you can't even smell weak ass botanical terps in weed, so not really a good analogy. But if you could smell weak ass nasty tasting distillate fruit peel pen terps over delicious weed flavors, that's all myrcene/pinene etc would be. But you can't. Scientifically impossible. Physically can't happen. You could mix a dozen pine scents together and pinene would be the only one you couldn't smell and that wouldn't contribute to activity. That's how much bullshit the terp marketing (which originated from GW employees) is.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue Dream, untapped breeding potential. Crossed with a Chem type, I was getting record breaking yields and a devastating effect. Blue Dream is a medium yielder and very boring compared to numerous phenos from that one off pollenation. Still have lots of seed, maybe even something better in there.

Hmm, makes sense all the Ace landrace sativa stuff contains myrcene then? Vape pen terp marketing... is literal nonsense. Smelling myrcene in weed is like smelling a single piece of grape peel in a bathtub of vinegar. You can't. The volatile acids are too strong. Getting high off myrcene etc is nothing but mind games. Those botanical terps have no scientifically chemical ability to modulate the effect. Like a crusty herpes girl wearing the same perfume of your first girlfriend. Your mind might say she's good in bed, but it ain't changing reality.. No matter what big pharma tells you.

Except you can't even smell weak ass botanical terps in weed, so not really a good analogy. But if you could smell weak ass nasty tasting distillate fruit peel pen terps over delicious weed flavors, that's all myrcene/pinene etc would be. But you can't. Scientifically impossible. Physically can't happen. You could mix a dozen pine scents together and pinene would be the only one you couldn't smell and that wouldn't contribute to activity. That's how much bullshit the terp marketing (which originated from GW employees) is.
Hey thanks for joining the thread and would love to see what you’ve done with it .. I wouldn’t call it galactic ,but in my experience most definitely It’s a heavy yielder it’s not a medium yielder… can you post some pictures of your one off‘s that surpass & yield better ? And what are your definitions of devastation ? if I want devastation I know how to get devastated Most certainly wouldn’t be from using blue dream… PS the largest yielding plant in my experience was the 1999 super silver haze giganticus that I discovered In a 15 seed pack from Mr. nice

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Medium yielder doesn't sound right yeah. At least not outdoors?

Always room for improvement of course.

My understanding is that blue dream is a heavy yielder when grown as a large bush outdoors and became popular due to plant count laws
It can become a monster I do have pictures from previous grows both indoor and outdoor it’s gonna be a while before I can retrieve them because they’re on various computers

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-
DE4AE32E-95D4-4948-905B-264A4B5D0DC0.jpeg
2BBBABD1-D831-4A6C-9961-B692B770FC18.jpeg
68B56FF4-123B-4B01-845F-2F086C517F16.jpeg
B9E80357-54BB-4C68-9274-1015A8B07F9A.jpeg