What's new

Original Blue Dream Clone

bigbag

Veteran
funny, in Nor Cal a 2 pounder would be a runt ! I'll be crossing Blue Dream x Tahoe with my BC Coastal Haze ( Lasquiti Haze line ), a semi auto haze, often done in mid sept. My hunch is Lasquiti Haze is a old Haze/Skunk then crossed with mighty mite...

Charles-scott

Veteran
funny, in Nor Cal a 2 pounder would be a runt ! I'll be crossing Blue Dream x Tahoe with my BC Coastal Haze ( Lasquiti Haze line ), a semi auto haze, often done in mid sept. My hunch is Lasquiti Haze is a old Haze/Skunk then crossed with mighty mite...
I agree man a total runt you should see the picture I have from Mexico Azul grande LOL 4 LB plants lines up than the mother load picture a 12lb plant so they claim its massive .

I should also say that we grew out every seed we could find and nothing was the same as the cutting , its funny the girl scout cookies is one of the slowest growing cuttings I have ever had and the BD one of the fastest .
Some real diversity from Norcal thanks Memo !

bigbag

Veteran
never had the clone only, but the pheno I kept, isn't anything like an OG and everything like BD ! growing at least a couple inches a day...now over 5' x 5', in 35 gal pot, bottom cut out and sunk into the swamp. primarily coco, perlite, vermiculite, dolomite and composted sheep manure. will be giving a top dressing of guano's... I got 2 pound's off of a 11' x 7', Critical Kush in same spot last year ( 1/2 of quality top's and 1.5 of popcorn/larf )

Charles-scott

Veteran
Was not dissing what you have bro was just thinking about the conversation we had about all the seeds I tried , I am confident that your work will be the kills just blown away by the growth on this monster .

bigbag

Veteran
no offence taken... Me too, one of, if not THE fastest growth I've witnessed...Funny, many Nor Cal head's call her blue nightmare and/or poo dream, as it's become so commonplace there. very happy to have been gifted a grip of some of Nor Cal's finest beaner's :)

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
It's not clone only...there are actually 2 BD's I sourced from the hill in Mendo, what we call BD2 is the more popular/common clone grown in CA. I personally don't like the smoke, it's what I call a grower's plant not a smoker plant. Also she is myrcene dominant with a similar terpene profile to GDP and some of the other purples, which I suspect is why it was a hit in the bay area. Proven yield and vigour, but not the best smoke imo... relatively bland and very similar nose and terp profile to a bunch of other Norcal faves.

The other, relatively rare BD1 clone has much nicer flowers, larger calyxes, less leaf but is a little thinner, and pinene dominant terp profile. I'm running many crosses of each in the greenhouse this year, including cookies x BDs, TW X BD1, BD2 x Berry White and a bunch of others.

I don't find the cookies to be slow vegging at all... ours is pretty competitive growth-wise but it certainly doesn't stretch like the BDs. There are a bunch of fake cookies going around, I've seen 3 different forums... the one I kept has the exact terp profile as that from the cookie-crew... and upwards of 28% THCA....

DrFever

Veteran
That's the thing trying to find the actual original cut and what am hoping for rather then the others ones out there claiming to be or feminized seeds what have you
or try to find out which BB and haze was used and try to make it happen :)
DJ blue berry with Mr nice silver haze ???? making it a Blue dream if i cannot get a true BD then i will in fact try to replicate it lol
but now you are saying the BD 2 in seed form is actually a elite or better then the orginal cut ??? cause of the myrcene content ??? there fore showing even more sativa dominance of the seeded form of BD 2

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
There are so many fakes around, that I don't suggest sourcing from anywhere other than the hill. BD is pretty easy to surce in most CA dispensaries though, at least the Myrcene heavy cut is.... it floods the CA market yearly, and doesn;t command top dollar because of the supply/demand curve.

No I think the BD2 is a less desirable plant from a smokers perspective. I toured Mendo in 2011 with Jorge and visited TH and a bunch of other growers. Tom gave me a flat of jars to keep the head right and I all but ignored the BD, it just wasn't my thing. On the other hand, seeing it on the hill, I understand why people grow it... she grows like a mother f'er. The CB content is average though around 17-18% THCA, so nothing really standout, and I don't find myrcene dominant profiles to be so desirable... they are heavier and stonier and in many cases have higher terp content, but it's not an effect that I personally enjoy - I'd rather smoke something with a little more flavour and ceiling- Myrcene brings you down, and I want to go up.

DrFever

Veteran
always thought the myrcene ,, Gave you more of the cough lock.... to god dam bad you cannot get it in original seed form ,, that just plain out sucks and yes would be a waste to get that so called true BD a person tells you and in fact its not

Charles-scott

Veteran
I had just told someone in PM that the Bluedream is a great building block its explosive growth rate is great its massive root structure but I find that its flowers are NL like for lack of better wording I have never had BD in a lab so I had no idea what her terpene profile was like but the flowers remind me of the very NL leaning SSH .
C

Charles-scott

Veteran
Chimera my forum cut chem and BD all came from a very reliable source in California , Can you post a picture of your Cookies and I will do the same ?
It's not clone only...there are actually 2 BD's I sourced from the hill in Mendo, what we call BD2 is the more popular/common clone grown in CA. I personally don't like the smoke, it's what I call a grower's plant not a smoker plant. Also she is myrcene dominant with a similar terpene profile to GDP and some of the other purples, which I suspect is why it was a hit in the bay area. Proven yield and vigour, but not the best smoke imo... relatively bland and very similar nose and terp profile to a bunch of other Norcal faves.

The other, relatively rare BD1 clone has much nicer flowers, larger calyxes, less leaf but is a little thinner, and pinene dominant terp profile. I'm running many crosses of each in the greenhouse this year, including cookies x BDs, TW X BD1, BD2 x Berry White and a bunch of others.

I don't find the cookies to be slow vegging at all... ours is pretty competitive growth-wise but it certainly doesn't stretch like the BDs. There are a bunch of fake cookies going around, I've seen 3 different forums... the one I kept has the exact terp profile as that from the cookie-crew... and upwards of 28% THCA....

Latest posts

Latest posts