What's new

BLue Dream - Clone only - Smoke Report

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
With all due respect, and it may be great pot, But the purple bud is not the same cut.

Happy to see this thread still movin' on...!!

Have a great summer....!

Nughit

That last pic of Get Mo looks like the BD cut I have. Light green buds with light orange hairs. I will be keeping the BD around for a while, yeild is great and it is great smoke.

N-P-Kali

Trybud - your right! the whole crop was flushed for 15 days.

JITAMON & Stasis - I know you don't mean any disrespect amigos...no worries! but it is blue dream .. How do I know this? Because all I run is blue dream.. The purple came was due to this plant's position in the room -underneath the a/c register- low room temperature and proper flushing not high levels of fertilizer.

All in all only two plants out of 22 turned purple. This plant yielded 277 grams dry.

HarryNugz

the colored BD looks great but i'm a bit confused, how does proper flushing add or detract from the plants color? low temps i can see but flushing?

I have always seen it with cold temperatures as well. I assume the longer flush stresses the plant in a good way though. That may be what his/her statement referred to. I assume the other statement was in reference to late bud enhancers. I'm guessing he thinks Purple Max was used late in flowering.

T.Baggins

what a great lookin strain! a friend of mine is aspost be pickin up a few blue dream cuts here soon.... i might have to try to talk him outta one

major Resin

Ive grown the shit for a while now it seems that depending on when you cut it or what climate zone your in you start to see different sides to the acclimation process. I know this to be true because Ive planted the same clone off the same plant an grew then in different climate zones and had them come out very different. Blueberry has some afghan very different than the thai side of the cross because haze and blueberry both have thai sativa dominant which makes it real big long branches plus larger caylx formation with the afgan side. I noticed that the dew point had a lot to do with which way it will mature. plus mean air temp averaged throughout the season.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's what I've been thinking is Blue Dream and after seeing this thread I'm sure it's BD!!!

bbing

this strain is currently the best all-arounder past and present. for me.

helps w/ depression
keeps you up and alert w/o thump or anxious
Virtually no "disconnect'
calming
effects are long lasting but not unreasonably long.
some anti-inflamatory effects
NO HEADACHE (regardless of dosage)
tolerance resistant
Not overwhelming for patients new to cannabis.

IMO; i really think the Dream should take emphasis in Blue Dream Haze.
Ironically, I find it a helpful sleep strain that does not seem to pop you open after the coma is lifted (see most kush's). I suspect it interferes less with late deep rem sleep that other strains are notorious for.
I challenge any to find a better suited strain for the masses.

I find I smoke less get more done and have family reports that my overall disposition is improved while using it consistanly.

On the production side....too many positive growth attributes to list..

I would allege that inter-nodal length can be a tad long, this is made up for by it's ability to respond positively to LST and other shrubbing/bush producing methods.

Additionally, the root mass tends to be shallow and fine which can cause some issues in aquous root cultures like dwc. Normal precautions are an easy remedy.

It's a good "head-med" that deserves as much attention as RUI's in our community. We should prolly start a BDH affecianado group and run some TLGC to profile her; i suspect some variance from the normal players.

peace
bing

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Yields like a mug.... Just pulled some. ROCK hard, BIG nugs. 62 days. Used AN Connoisseur for this run.

Beautiful BB smell, curing to more of a Haze odour. The Salmon-Coloured hairs and layers of crystals galore are its' trademarks. Too racy of a buzz for me to really enjoy.... But, I love the genetics.... So, grow it I do.

Had one in the yard, great too. A bit less intense of a buzz - mostly organic, in soil. I can actually relax, just a bit.

Stuff is paranoia-inducing.

bbing

...Stuff is paranoia-inducing.
interesting...for a sat dom it has always produced a fairly mild and mellow up high w/o the paranoia for me and most the anxiety heads that use her..

we will have to lump you the other small percentage of folks it produces the effect in.

Flo is a bit more anxious making imo, but not too racey.

BDH seems to mitigate the "edge" with relaxing BB qualities.

wish we could add a poll and quantify these responses a bit better. Hint thread starter.

cali2

Awesome overall strain. Its my favorite smoke at the moment. It can almost keep up with casey jones wich is sayin alot.

duzt

A friend of mine grows BD and only BD and I was bummed with a lot of my crop after trying his BD. I'm a huge fan of good haze smelling strains and the BD he has is very hazy in the smoke and a mix of berries and haze in the flavor. It's one of the strains that leaves a smell in the air that will attract a lot of attention, very sweet and sour haze smelling smoke, like an incense. I'm supposed to get cuts next week, I'm looking forward to having this one in the garden.

bbing

A friend of mine grows BD and only BD and I was bummed with a lot of my crop after trying his BD. I'm a huge fan of good haze smelling strains and the BD he has is very hazy in the smoke and a mix of berries and haze in the flavor. It's one of the strains that leaves a smell in the air that will attract a lot of attention, very sweet and sour haze smelling smoke, like an incense. I'm supposed to get cuts next week, I'm looking forward to having this one in the garden.

No doubt old school haze funk - acrid mustard funk mixed w/ frankenscence

:pumpkin:

Cannabean

yo bbing buddy Im so glad to hear you're keeping the BDH alive. My bdh mom is...going through some rough times. Keep her forever! :)

Latest posts

Latest posts