What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish F2s from Three Little Birds Recently Popped

led05

Chasing The Present
It’s a Tommy FTW :)

Now 20% or so the Gambians will be serrationless, wreaks havoc on transpiration ime… but only time I’ve seen that at such a high rate

#5 sure looks like a Tomato seedling, by now I’m sure you know….if not just rub the leafs & smell it, it’ll be obvious

Tynehead Tom

stay tuned..😎

indeed.

haven't seen a blowfish thread in some time. Yet I have seen quite a bit of mention of it lately with folks seeking the line. There was a forum member here a few years back.... Beanz..... he did a seed increase of dutch flowers blowfish and released some F2 packs to the server fund back then. I have a couple packs of those and a couple packs of the original blowfish beans. Might do a seed run and pheno hunt thru all these before the year is out and maybe release them somewhere down the road .....

Crazy Chester

It’s a Tommy FTW :)

Now 20% or so the Gambians will be serrationless, wreaks havoc on transpiration ime… but only time I’ve seen that at such a high rate

#5 sure looks like a Tomato seedling, by now I’m sure you know….if not just rub the leafs & smell it, it’ll be obvious
I'm not ready yet to declare it a tomato - but, I think she's looking less like cannabis for sure.

Lets just say she's probably not a fifth Blowfish seed that sprouted:

BF 5 a.jpg

BF 5 b.jpg

Crazy Chester

Well - they got bigger - but, I'm looking for an inch or two taller before I try to clone them. My slow-grow mom room has got them on the turtle growth schedule - despite a few hours of natural sunlight a week. But, at least a couple of them will be ready for cloning next week - and, maybe a couple will show sex by then too.
The fab four is showing two phenotypes: Blowfish 1 and Blowfish 2 are similar in looks - I can't discern a stem-rub smell on them yet. Likewise, Blowfish 3 and Blowfish 4 look similar to each-other - and here's the best part - both of them have a stem-rub smell of berries (same as my keeper mom back in the day)!

Group:

BF group.jpg

Blowfish 1:

BF 1.jpg

Blowfish 2:

BF 2.jpg

Blowfish 3:

BF 3.jpg

Blowfish 4:

BF 4.jpg

Hopefull Stoner

Well - they got bigger - but, I'm looking for an inch or two taller before I try to clone them. My slow-grow mom room has got them on the turtle growth schedule - despite a few hours of natural sunlight a week. But, at least a couple of them will be ready for cloning next week - and, maybe a couple will show sex by then too.
The fab four is showing two phenotypes: Blowfish 1 and Blowfish 2 are similar in looks - I can't discern a stem-rub smell on them yet. Likewise, Blowfish 3 and Blowfish 4 look similar to each-other - and here's the best part - both of them have a stem-rub smell of berries (same as my keeper mom back in the day)!

Group:

View attachment 18971150

Blowfish 1:

View attachment 18971151

Blowfish 2:

View attachment 18971152

Blowfish 3:

View attachment 18971153

Blowfish 4:

View attachment 18971155
What’s your veg light schedule set at and what basic spectrum of lights do you use there? LED/hps/mh/cmh?

Crazy Chester

What’s your veg light schedule set at and what basic spectrum of lights do you use there? LED/hps/mh/cmh?
I'm at 20/4 lighting - I'd rather be at 18/6 - but, at that light schedule sometimes my dad plants flower. I'm under all LED lights - a mixture of spectrums from 3000k with infrared and uv to 9000k. The slow grow formula though is a mixture of low wattage lights and cool garden temps in the 60 degree range.

Crazy Chester

are those blow fish growing like weeds?…
Hi bigsur51! Yep - they put on some growth - and the new growth on the weird leafed ones is looking like its coming out of the grow tips normal now. I have enough nodes one all of them that I can take a clones now, but I've been wanting to have them all sexed before I do that. So far - it's looking like BF1, BF2 and BF4 are males - BF3 has a pre-flower that can roughly be described as being calyx shaped, but I haven't seen a pistil come out yet. If that's going to happen - it should happen in the next couple days. If not - I think I have four males here.

Group shot:

Bf group 2.jpg
Blowfish 1:

BF1.jpg

Blowfish 2:

BF2.jpg

Blowfish 3:

BF3.jpg

Blowfish 4:

BF4.jpg

Crazy Chester

Time for an update on the Fab Four - they are coming along nicely.

I've got some decent new veg growth and the roots continue to develop well. I also have enough good nodes that I feel it's safe to clone all four Blowfish today.

I'm especially gratified to see the two thinner leafed phenos are continuing to grow out of their leaf weirdness, with new growth at the nodes normalizing:

BFGroup2 (3.31.24).jpg

Blowfish #1 (male - thin leaf pheno):

BF1 (3.31.24).jpg

BF #2 (male - bushy runt of a thin leaf pheno):

BF2 (3.31.24).jpg

BF #3 (female - thick leaf pheno):

BF3 (3.31.24).jpg

BF #4 (male - thick leaf pheno):

BF4 (3.31.24).jpg

Blowfish group shot (from bottom to top = #1, #2, #3 and #4):

BFGroup (3.31.24).jpg

Crazy Chester

well hells bells Mang , looks like there may be a blowfish orgy in the near future..

looking good Amigo
Thanks, bigsur51! They are coming along nicely - and I got roots on the Blowfish 1 (male) and the Blowfish 3 (female). I should get roots on the other two in the next few days. Once I've got rooted parent plants secured for all four - I can schedule that orgy to make some F3s!