What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish F2s from Three Little Birds Recently Popped

Crazy Chester

At least in the photos it looks like that. But, it's not thrips - these only go outside twice a week for a few hours on my scheduled IPM days - they get drenched with IPM before coming back indoors. Come to think of it, it could be due to my IPM spray (has oil in it) with spots of it not drying out enough before the lights come back on, clogging the stomata. I'm an IPM nazi - everyone gets it twice a week, including seedlings and clones.

led05

Chasing The Present
At least in the photos it looks like that. But, it's not thrips - these only go outside twice a week for a few hours on my scheduled IPM days - they get drenched with IPM before coming back indoors. Come to think of it, it could be due to my IPM spray (has oil in it) with spots of it not drying out enough before the lights come back on, clogging the stomata. I'm an IPM nazi - everyone gets it twice a week, including seedlings and clones.
Oil will definitely burn the young ones & newer growth especially, I use oil a lot @ here, especially on my perennials & fruit trees

Crazy Chester

Oil will definitely burn the young ones & newer growth especially, I use oil a lot @ here, especially on my perennials & fruit trees
At this point I can confirm - my IPM caused some damage on the first true leafs - newer growth is now not sustaining any damage, so that's good.

The four bigger seedlings are bigger - but, not enough that they look much different than the last pics, so I'll post new pics of them next week.

The fifth seedling - the one that germinated late - is the big story this week. At first, I was thinking that one might not grow further - but, she has! Very unusual - the first "true leafs" have started growing out. They are not single blades like the other Blowfish seedlings and like I usually see on other seedlings - they are two three blade leafs!

Also - the seedling continues to put out the hairs/trichomes I first noticed on the unusually elongated cotyledons. In fact - they run all the way up the stem and all over the first true leafs.

A final bizarre trait - the first true leafs appear to completely lack serrations.

Blowfish #5 close:

BF #5 Seedling Close.jpg

Blowfish #5 closer:

BF #5 Seedling Closer.jpg

Crazy Chester

The more I look at the "Blowfish #5", the more it looks less like a cannabis plant and more like a tomato plant, lol. Maybe the 5th seed didn't pop? I found a half of the seed shell I planted in the cup when I poked around a little below the surface and there was no trace of an embryo - but, maybe a tomato seed was hidden deep below the Blowfish seed? Guess I'll find out soon enough. That would be hilarious if it turned out to be a damn tomato that somehow (can't fathom) made its way into the pro-mix! And sad - if it's not a fifth Blowfish. I'm probably just tripping under the influence of some Super Silver Haze - but still - that is one strange seedling if it's cannabis. :unsure:

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
The more I look at the "Blowfish #5", the more it looks less like a cannabis plant and more like a tomato plant, lol. Maybe the 5th seed didn't pop? I found a half of the seed shell I planted in the cup when I poked around a little below the surface and there was no trace of an embryo - but, maybe a tomato seed was hidden deep below the Blowfish seed? Guess I'll find out soon enough. That would be hilarious if it turned out to be a damn tomato that somehow (can't fathom) made its way into the pro-mix! And sad - if it's not a fifth Blowfish. I'm probably just tripping under the influence of some Super Silver Haze - but still - that is one strange seedling if it's cannabis.
No I think its just lanky here at the beginning. I see what you mean but it looks more like pot to me.

Crazy Chester

uh on second thought do any of the others have such hairy stems? You could be right.
I don't think I inspected the others close enough when they were as little as that one is, but the pic on the first page shows the smallest one amongst the original four (lower right) and it does look like it had a hairy stem.

And - the other seedlings had the elongated cotyledons too.

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
This reminds me a lot of how obsouleet founds the NBK. It was the smallest plant. Took the longest to pop and was frosty from the start. Could just be mutated at the moment too. You'll be able to tell right away once they grow out of this phase.

Hopefull Stoner

That's exactly what I should have done with them (but didn't)!

So, I think I'm going to transplant the taller one to a deeper pot so I can bury some more of the stem.
I used to do the cup 1/2 full Luke dude.
Now, my thing is to grow them in 32oz but preference is 2liter bottles.
They seem to like it and their roots have space to thrive.

They go straight into final pots 2-3 gallons

LostTribe

Premium user
I have two packs of blow fish. One Dutch flowers and the other from hazeman.

Also a blow fish cross too.

Crystal Locomotive/Blowfish x Chemdog/Sour Diesel
Run the Dutchflowers before they get any older. They need open pollenation for preservation.

I always recommend keeping the little late starter runt plants as they have a tendency to shine in bloom for some reason.

Crazy Chester

Run the Dutchflowers before they get any older. They need open pollenation for preservation.

I always recommend keeping the little late starter runt plants as they have a tendency to shine in bloom for some reason.
Agreed - it would be great if we could do an open pollination of every F2 still left out there. I'll be trying to keep each of the seedlings alive so I can contribute what I have to the project.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I have two packs of blow fish. One Dutch flowers and the other from hazeman.

Also a blow fish cross too.

Crystal Locomotive/Blowfish x Chemdog/Sour Diesel

maybe you and Crazy Chester can somehow combine these rare genetics and make a ton of seeds?……

in any case , it is good to see there are people out there lurking who may be sitting on some real gems

Latest posts

Latest posts