What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish F2s from Three Little Birds Recently Popped

Crazy Chester

Hello Blowfish fans - I recently got 6 Blowfish F2 seeds created by Three Little Birds from an ultra-rare Dutch Flowers F1 seedpack nearly 20 years ago. I got the seeds from a well-respected long-time grower who is known on these boards - an original hippie - who is kindly passing on the genetics he's maintained, some of it for decades, to the next caretaker.

He did a good job as caretaker of these genetics, having been a grower since the 1960s, he really knew what he was doing preserving their long-term viability - so far, four out of the six seeds have popped and are currently stretching out towards the light.

EDIT: Nearly a month after germination was attempted - Blowfish #5 popped out of the soil!

I'll document the plants these seeds produced here in this thread. Hopefully I'll get a male out of the group - so I can make Blowfish F3 seeds!

Here they are a few days after germination started:

Blowfish Group Shot - Fab Four.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

I've been searching for the blowfish since I first smoked it when it came out.

Praying we make it to f3. I will be first in line to run them if I got the chance.

Subbed.
I'm really psyched these old seeds popped - here's to hoping I get a male out of these. If I do - you'll definitely get a chance to run the F3s. The first time I ran a pack of these, they turned out to be all females - beautiful uniform berry pheno females - yet, no male to continue the line.

Do you remember which of the pheno(s) you grew out?

JetLife175

Veteran
I'm really psyched these old seeds popped - here's to hoping I get a male out of these. If I do - you'll definitely get a chance to run the F3s. The first time I ran a pack of these, they turned out to be all females - beautiful uniform berry pheno females - yet, no male to continue the line.

Do you remember which of the pheno(s) you grew out?
I did not grow it. Only smoked it.

The plant that I smoked reminded me a lot of Blue Dot. Blue dot is a clone that was popular in CA for a small time. Available from the 3rd floor dispensary. I believe blue dot was a Leda Uno hybrid.

The potency is what I am after. I remember it being able to cut through my insanely high tolerance no matter what. I can try to get in touch with the guy/guys that grew it and see if they remember anything.

Crazy Chester

I did not grow it. Only smoked it.

The plant that I smoked reminded me a lot of Blue Dot. Blue dot is a clone that was popular in CA for a small time. Available from the 3rd floor dispensary. I believe blue dot was a Leda Uno hybrid.

The potency is what I am after. I remember it being able to cut through my insanely high tolerance no matter what. I can try to get in touch with the guy/guys that grew it and see if they remember anything.
Yup - the clone I had and smoked back in the day was a very potent sativa dominant cut-through high that I didn't work up a tolerance to.

Crazy Chester

Not to mention - she finished flowering in 45 days, had good plant structure, was an easy grow, was a fairly easy trim, easy to clone, had great fall foliage colors at harvest (with GH nutes) or was a beautiful emerald green set off by caked white bling (with PBP), had a strong berry smell that tasted the same way and had a high that lasted at least 2.5 hours.

She was co-Grail to the old C99 clone I had back then - outstanding!

JetLife175

Veteran

Some blue dot info. Probably the only info you'll find on her.

Crazy Chester

Some blue dot info. Probably the only info you'll find on her.
Thanks for the info - she's a rare one, the Blue Dot. This pic from that thread by Darthdank dude who said he was growing Blue Dot looks a lot like my old Blowfish clone, when grown in GH Lucas formula.

1706597793060.png

Crazy Chester

Seedlings looking good to grow:

Blowfish Seedlings 2.jpg

The one on the top left was born a twin:

Blowfish Twins.jpg

The smaller twin didn't survive my attempt to extricate it from the bigger one - I was afraid its root wouldn't hit the medium in time to avoid drying out - as it was dangling from the bigger stronger twin sibling above the medium.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
looking good Amigo..

we usually start our seeds in a beer cup like yours but only fill it half way

then when the sprout gets just above he rim of the cup , we fill the rest of the cup up to the top

just adds stability to the sprouts , otherwise some small stakes to help stabilize them

we also usually have a fan in our tents which would blow little sprouts over

all the best!

Crazy Chester

looking good Amigo..

we usually start our seeds in a beer cup like yours but only fill it half way

then when the sprout gets just above he rim of the cup , we fill the rest of the cup up to the top

just adds stability to the sprouts , otherwise some small stakes to help stabilize them

we also usually have a fan in our tents which would blow little sprouts over

all the best!
That's exactly what I should have done with them (but didn't)!

So, I think I'm going to transplant the taller one to a deeper pot so I can bury some more of the stem.