What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish F2s from Three Little Birds Recently Popped

Crazy Chester

bump

hows it going?
Hi bigsur51! It's going well over here. I extended the container on the taller one about a week ago to bury more of the stem and the seedling really appreciated it. They are all growing steady at a moderate pace so far. The plan is to get a clone off each of them in the next couple weeks to establish moms/dads so I can flower the original seed plants out without losing the genetics or having to re-veg.
Blowfish Seedlings 4.jpg

JetLife175

Veteran
Hi bigsur51! It's going well over here. I extended the container on the taller one about a week ago to bury more of the stem and the seedling really appreciated it. They are all growing steady at a moderate pace so far. The plan is to get a clone off each of them in the next couple weeks to establish moms/dads so I can flower the original seed plants out without losing the genetics or having to re-veg. View attachment 18962140
These are going to be worth running a few times to see what is what. As we all know seed plants and the clones after the fact sometimes express differently. The ugly duckling might be the winner and vice versa.

Crazy Chester

These are going to be worth running a few times to see what is what. As we all know seed plants and the clones after the fact sometimes express differently. The ugly duckling might be the winner and vice versa.
Agreed. It will take a few years too. If I get at least one female and at least one male, I may not even get a real look at what kind of bud the seed plant female(s) put out - because I'll probably give them a thorough pollination.

JetLife175

Veteran
Agreed. It will take a few years too. If I get at least one female and at least one male, I may not even get a real look at what kind of bud the seed plant female(s) put out - because I'll probably give them a thorough pollination.
I think that's smart. You'll be able to make hash/rosin/whatever from the shucked plants to test effects. You got this in the bag!

Crazy Chester

An exciting development and a growth spurt - it's been a momentous few days since only Tuesday.

In private messages with LostTribe, he cautioned me to wait a few weeks when I had the Blowfish seeds germinating and two hadn't popped in the first week - have to admit I was skeptical.

Now I'm not skeptical.

Say hello to Blowfish #5!

Blowfish #5.jpg

New group shot, now that the Fab Four have become the Fab Five:

Blowfish Group Shot - Fab Five.jpg

Blowfish #1:

Blowfish #1.jpg

Blowfish #2:

Blowfish #2.jpg

Blowfish #3:

Blowfish #3.jpg

Blowfish #4:

Blowfish #4.jpg

led05

Chasing The Present
I know I made few seeds from blowfish..years ago
remember a rose smelling sativa vibe.. did not grow it well though
so dunno how good it was

should fun to watch here
Wesos / huesos sent me some blowfish years ago, was he origins of it or someone else, he sent along with a bunch of old Katsu Bubba versions too? I’ve yet to pop the seeds, was looking at them just the other day though….

Crazy Chester

good news indeed!….that one may turn out to be the Ho,y Grail 🏅🌲🍀
I'll tell you something my limited photography skills and camera hasn't captured about that new seedling - when I got my first glance at the cotyldons I saw some sparkle - under magnification, I think they are not hairs, but tiny trichomes because I can see they have little heads on them.

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I'll tell you something my limited photography skills and camera hasn't captured about that new seedling - when I got my first glance at it the cotyldons sparkled - under magnification, I think they are not hairs, but tiny trichomes because I can see they have little heads on them.

I am thinking about buying one of those microscope cameras that will attach to my iPhone and see what the close up shots look like…

Crazy Chester

Wesos / huesos sent me some blowfish years ago, was he origins of it or someone else, he sent along with a bunch of old Katsu Bubba versions too? I’ve yet to pop the seeds, was looking at them just the other day though….
No - he wasn't who I got the seeds from - these are F2 seeds produced by Three Little Birds.

led05

Chasing The Present
All of them but maybe Blowfish #3 are showing one leaf weirdness or another that they'll probably grow out of.

I think the coolest looking one is Blowfish #2, which is showing some beautiful variegation that the camera barely captured.
They look like a virus of sorts (mosaic vibe) & or thrips damage on young seedlings can do it too as they love to eat the most delicate / newest growth… often the plant will grow out of / through both issues no problem, especially outside

GL, enjoy your grow

Latest posts

Latest posts