What's new

Blockhead F2s and Hawaiian Snow Diesel

smilley

Veteran
kw & mitsu1, thanks for checkin' out the foliage. The PBP is easy to use and very effective.

OK, I promised some close-ups of some of the Block Heads. The first pic shows a couple of "typical" ones, not much branching at 36 days veg but promising.

picture.php

This next one is the largest Block Head and looking female(ish) at this point. I'm really hoping it's a female because its got the most vigor of the 10.

picture.php

And this last one is the "runt" of the litter. It's got some issues, but has nice early branching. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a female and it's more delicate than the rest of the Block heads so it'll be an interesting pheno (if it's female).

picture.php

Because of my travel schedule, I'm gonna wait 10 more days to flower the HSDs. Once I get the HSDs sexed and cloned, I'll flower the BHs. That'll give the HSDs 46 days veg and about 56 days veg for the BHs. Things are gonna Rock&Roll soon. YeeeeHaaaa!!
:smoke out::smoke out:

smilley

Veteran
Hey mitsu, feel free to post your Blockhead and Sweet Tooth pics here. The more, the merrier. :party:

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
It will be a bit before I get them going. Have to pick up supplies. When I do I'll post up.

smilley

Veteran
Day 41 from seed

Day 41 from seed

The Block Heads are going to be so much happier when I move the HSDs into the flowering room in a few days. The HSDs are about 28 inches tall now and the Block Heads at the back are about 22 inches. My veg room isn't really designed to veg 20 plants of this size but I want to ensure a full flowering run so it is what it is.

Several of the HSDs are showing female pistils already. I haven't checked the BHs yet because they're at the back. The tallest HSD (in the middle) is a female and a real beauty. I can't brag up the Pure Blend Pro enough, nice green healthy foliage, no stem reddening and I just add it to the water, no ph adjustment, no suppliments. Very user friendly. The flowering ferts do knock the ph down quite a bit so I'll have to adjust it with either potassium silicate or ph up.

picture.php

Hopefully primobud will give us a six week flowering update this weekend on his HSDs.

primobud

Howdy smilley boy hows life in smilley land. Here's a shot of your two HSD's all by themselves under the light and a bud shot from the plant on the left. Note as you look at the bud shot that the two buds in the flash are lower buds. The plant top is at the top of the pic to the left. Over on the right is the other plant.

smilley

Veteran
primobud: Thanks for the update, your HSDs are phat..........................

DrFever: Glad you could join us, things are gonna get busy soon.................

smilley

Veteran
Day 43 from seed

Day 43 from seed

I've decided to change my plans a little. Instead of flowering the HSDs first and then the BHs 10 days later, I'm gonna flower them both in 3 days. Logistically, it'll simplify things and reduce crowding and bottle necking in the flower room. I've got the HSDs in the flowering room now with the 600hps, but the timer is still running at 18/6. I'm going out of town again in 3 days so I'll just flip both lights to 12/12 and in a week or so all the sexing will be sorted out and cloning can commence.

HSD
picture.php

BH
picture.php

I'll be back in a week..................

smilley

Veteran
I think Grindhouse has an IBL version out there OldLuck. I don't know what to expect from these, but we're gonna find out real soon....

DrFever

Veteran
sweet i found taking clones up to 2 weeks in flower root quicker
you could possibly take a few cuttings of each mark them and the plant you took them from .
if there is any males then kill the number you marked plant and number you marked clones and so on????
Might speed things up rather then waiting for sexing saves you 2 weeks of rooting period ?? and by the time you got sex of plants you will have rooted clones :)
IMO is what i would do :)

smilley

Veteran
Hi DrFever. My buddy primobud does it that way. Me, I'm kinda lazy and don't want clones from the males or even the weaker females generally. Not in any hurry for the clones as the HSDs will take 11 to 12 weeks to finish and I just have the one flowering light. My plan is to take a clone of each female and several from the nicest looking females. Then if I sample an unusually good female I can cut more clones of it for the second clone crop. Usually though, I whittle things down to one or two females (usually the biggest/most vigorous) and go from there.

Hey, I could just see myself, smoke a big fatty, cut and mislabel a bunch of clones and end up with an all male clone crop. :tumbleweed: Even last year, I confused the shit out of myself with my clone labelling and I only had 3 phenos, they were all good phenos, but the last crop ended up being from a mislabelled clone and one of the smaller phenos when I thought they'd be the biggest.

My first clone crop will be only 10 plants, so I only intend to cut about 16 (maybe 20) clones total on the first round. I used to cut extras for some friends, but they've disowned me so it's just me now.

Thanks for the advice though, after seeing your grow thread I know you know what your talking about. Ok, gotta go back to work, one more day and it's vacation time again....................................

smilley

Veteran
Day F05

Day F05

The veg room timer malfunctioned when I was away, causing a 48 hour dark phaze followed by a couple of days of 4 hours light and 20 hours dark. The situation has been rectified, and the Block Heads are showing sex.

This first pic shows 4 confirmed males. I kept 1 for breeding purposes and discarded the other 3.

This next pic shows a runty BH, I couldn't determine sex yet but discarded it too. It just wasn't doing well.

And finally here is what's left of the BHs. The 3 front plants are females, there is 1 male from the first pic and 2 plants not showing definitive sex yet.

I'm a little disappointed with the Blockheads so far as the 3 definite females look quite generic and nondescript. It's still early and hopefully they will put on a good show.

smilley

Veteran
mitsu: No, it was a mechanical timer. It would turn all the way around until it got to the on position and just stop there. Not a big issue and I've replaced it with a digital one. These things tend to show up when I'm out of town for a few days, go figure.

OldLuck: Good thinking dude, I'll be sexing the HSDs tonight, and I'll try and do a side by side comparison pic of the two different strains. You'll see the difference in vigor.

nameless: Thanks for dropping into my little thread. Not the variety of strains like in your Freedom 35 thread but should be interesting nonetheless. I hope the Blockheads live up to their reputation.

smilley

Veteran
All the plants are sexed now. 4 female Blockheads and 5 female HSDs. I kept the nicest males of each strain and chopped the rest. I'm kinda pressed for time so here's a quick pic of typicals of each strain at day f06. The HSDs are really looking good. The BHs are small but I'll get a couple of clones of each so I'm really happy.:biggrin:

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
mitsu:

nameless: Thanks for dropping into my little thread. Not the variety of strains like in your Freedom 35 thread but should be interesting nonetheless. I hope the Blockheads live up to their reputation.

:laughing:

When I started following that, I'm fairly certain there was ALMOST some monocropping going on. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts