What's new

Blockhead F2s and Hawaiian Snow Diesel

smilley

Veteran
Hello fellow ICmaggers. I just got back to the Great White North from 2 weeks of fun in the sun on Shuswap Lake and I'm ready to start this seasons growing and breeding campaign.

I've got 10 seeds of Blockhead (f2) courtesy of Beanhoarder and I'll start 14 Hawaiian Snow Diesel (Sour LSD X Hawaiian Snow) courtesy of me.

The object is to get 20 healthy seedlings (hopefully 10 of each strain) and find a few good pheno's for breeding purposes and hash production.

The plants will be vegged under 400mh (horizontal) and flowered vertically with a 600hps. Ferts are organic Pureblend Pro veg & flower and the medium is Pro-Mix to be hand watered.

All comments and criticisms are welcome. I hope you enjoy the show........

smilley

Veteran
This is the description of the Blockhead offering. I won't name the vendor as it's not GN. I hope it lives up to it's description.

Blockhead F2

Indoor
This is an open pollination of the finest examples of Blockhead chosen from over 50 original SOL plants. The top 9 females and top 9 males were used in order to limit any bottlenecking of this remarkable strain. All females are sensational yielders with rock hard buds and the famous BH stone. They vary in flavor (from lightly citrusy to full on rotten grapefruit, diesel fuel), color (from lavender, maroon, to full on purple) and type of high (ranging from relaxing and giggly to disorienting and trippy). This isn't an IBL version of my favorite pheno, this version is to open up the gene pool and let you choose the pheno that's right for you. Very limited supply of seeds and not to be repeated in this form. This is easy to grow, XL yielding, great tasting, colorful, dense, resinous, fast finishing and potent strain. Very highly recommended.

Flowering indoor between 50-65 days.

smilley

Veteran
Hi primobud, I'm hoping for biguns. This year it's all about hash production. I've got 1 little chunk left and then it's back to the bud till the first harvest. If things go well, I plan to process half the production into hash and oil. I really had to go easy on the hash this vacation to make it last.

primobud

Three HSD's

Three HSD's

Howdy old pal. Me too on the hash, this year I want to make a crop or two into hash.
Here's a couple of pics of 3 of your HSD's. One pic is at 10wks old before trimming & taking clones, the next is 2wks later (yesterday). They are beautiful plants man, thanks lots!!! Call me if you can't make yours quite as nice as mine I'll try to help you out.:laughing:ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Just fukin wit ya buddy. Have a great season.

smilley

Veteran
They look terrific primobud, like small trees. The smaller one looks a bit like her mother. Look for an oniony smell starting about mid-flower. Some will stretch for 5 weeks and could finish as late as 12 -13 weeks. The father had an acrid diesel odour so it'll be interesting.

Regular updates will be awesome as it'll help me decide on the mix for the first clone crop. I hope you hit it outta the park with the HSD and all the other gems in your garden.
:canabis:

smilley

Veteran
They're Alive!!!!

They're Alive!!!!

At just over 3 days from planting, 8 of the Blockheads and numerous of the HSD's are peeking out of the ground. Looks like 100% germ rate on the HSD and at least 9 out of 10 Blockheads are going to pop.

As I had a surplus of the HSD, I planted 2 seeds per cell and I'll cull the least vigorous in a couple of days.

I'm going out of town for 3 nights in a week so I'll probably repot the seedlings into 4 inch pots beforehand to reduce the risk of drying out.

smilley

Veteran
Day 8

Here's the whole family happily vegging one day after transplanting. I'll let them go 1 more day and then cull the duplicates and kill the extras to get the plant count down to 10 BH and 10 HSD.

picture.php

bloyd

Veteran
Good to see ya back at it smiley!

Finished off my first run of standard h. snow and am really fond of the final product. Amazing smells and tastes indescribablely good in the vape. Made f2's and crossed it to johnny blaze so I am quite interested to hear about what you find in your little outcross.

also very interested to hear about what you find in the blockheads, thought about picking those up myself. Sounds great.

smilley

Veteran
Hi bloyd, glad to hear you're enjoying the HS reg. I would have chosen the regs if they'd been available but they weren't. I still have a couple hundred grams left so I'll be able to carry a stash through to next year. I wish I could hav made f2s.

That Johnny Blaze cross should be exceptional, a fellow grower I know raves about the JB. Are you going to hi-lite the cross in a thread?

If you have enough HS, it makes fantastic hash. I was getting about 10% return of beautiful putty hash and then another 6 - 7% return of nice golden iso oil from the redried processed bud.

bloyd

Veteran
I made some nice dry-sift of combined blaze/snow trim that was exceptionally tasty and potent.

I don't have plans to run those blaze/snow seeds anytime soon but I ended up making a bunch so I may send some in for freebies or something along with some f2s. Would be cool to see what people find. I have high hopes for the cross, if the tastes and smells meld it could be divine. I liked the blaze but it was very heavy and introspective which I didn't really expect. The snow is just so clear, light and happy feeling, yet potent. If they meet in the middle somewhere it could be interesting if you could control the growth (both stretch like jungle sativas, especially the blaze).

I have too many other old packs of seeds in my collection that need running/backing up but I will definitely get back to the snow at some point. I have a buddy running the 4 best girls, 4 out of 6 were worth a second run imo and I will likely grab a cut of the best to keep around for awhile.

look forward to the new show and thanks for the inspiration to pop my h. snow, your thread made up my mind that there time had come!

smilley

Veteran
Hello VH, not much to see yet, but things'll get going soon. Enjoy the show and feel free to chime in anytime. Hey, I love you're name, takes me back to my teenage years when I was a proper virgin harvester. :huggg: now its just me & mrs smilley :tumbleweed: heh, heh........

primobud

Remember when yer doin yer math there smilley. You weren't a virgin anymore after that night in 1971 with my grandpa's goat!!!

smilley

Veteran
I was fond of that goat, wasn't I primobud? To this very day I keep a picture of that sweet old ewe.

smilley

Veteran
Hey Critter, I forgot to say hello, join the crowd, just keep your hands off my goat. :laughing:

eyes

Veteran
i grew blockhead and although fantastic bud, i prefer sweet3 for structure and yield. good score! either way.