What's new

Blockhead F2s and Hawaiian Snow Diesel

smilley

Veteran
Hello eyes. You're the second person to mention the ST#3 to me. I just liked the open pollination concept of the BH f2s for the variety aspect. I'm looking for a good yielder that'll produce 12%+ bubblehash returns. If I understand the lineage correctly, all of these strains originated from the original ST line? I'll do a bit more research and see if I can get a better understanding of what is what. Lots and lots of ST lovers here... :)

smilley

Veteran
Here they are at Day 16. I'll repot them to 2 gal pots in about 10 days.

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
I got home after 4 nights away from the plants and was pleasantly surprised by their progress. This first pics is how they looked at Day 22 and the second pic is of the same plants after feeding and spacing. I'll be repotting in 4 or 5 days.

picture.php

picture.php

smilley

Veteran
Hi Ohmless, thanks for looking in on my little grow. From clones I try to max out the headroom in my veg room which allows for 42 inch plants. The HSD is already outgrowing the BH, so maybe 30 inch for the BH and 36 for the HSD. Bottom line.........I need the first crop to be harvested by early Dec so I'll have fresh weed and hash for the Holiday season. :)

smilley

Veteran
Day 26 From Seed

Day 26 From Seed

4 hrs of repotting and all 20 plants are in their 2 gal finishing pots. The veg room is full, that's the maximum I can fit in there and the most I'll have (except for cloning time) this year. I gave them a healthy feeding of potassium silicate (6ml/gal) to strengthen the stalks. The roots are a nice white color and the plants will really appreciate the extra leg room.

picture.php

The next pic shows an average BH (left) and an average HSD (right). The HSD's are really showing vigor.

picture.php

The following 2 pics show the lower branching nodes. (BH left, HSD right) Some of the HSD's could be cloned now, but I'll wait for sexing.

Feeding Regime Till Flower: 6ml/gal potassium silicate, ph down to 6.5 and 12ml/gal PBP Grow.

It's becoming obvious to me that the HSD's are going to outgrow the BH's by a long shot. As I can't get all 20 plants around the flowering bulb, I'll flower the HSD's first (hopefully in a couple of weeks) and once I've culled a few males, I'll cram the BH's in there too. I've had as many as 14 plants around the 600hps at one time, but the optimum number imo is 10.

Things'll get a little wonky with this seed crop as I intend to collect pollen from the most vigorous males of each strain. Fortunately, mrs smilley has generously allowed me the use of her 1000hps geranium room for pollen collection. I'll move the males in there when pollen release is imminent. The 2 strains will be a couple of weeks apart regarding flowering start (and pollen production) so cross-contamination of the pollens should be minimal.

That's all for now.................... :woohoo:

smilley

Veteran
Holla killerweed31!! I'm honored to have such a distinguished grower visit my little grow-op. Hopefully explosive bloom......................we'll know soon.

bloyd

Veteran
Looking good smiley. I know h. snow is no slouch when it comes to vigor. I like the structure your little hybrid is putting out. I am running a few diesel strains this round and may throw some stored h. snow pollen around on any standout gals.

Speaking of h. snow, This stuff keeps getting better as it ages. Really, really nice stuff!

smilley

Veteran
Hi bloyd, I'm still puffing the HS like a madman and it's working great for me. I sure wish I could've made f2's like you. primobud has a couple of the hybrids (big ones) in the 4th week of flower now. Check out his thread. Maybe he'll be kind enough to post an update here soon.

If you've got the HS pollen, I think it'll certainly add bulk to the diesel strain hybrids but maybe extend the flowering period too. I didn't find a big difference in potency between the SLSD and the HS. The SLSD parentage was a bit lacking in yield so I'm hoping the cross to the HS will fix that. I don't know for sure, but I've got a feeling that the HS onioney smell will be overpowered by the diesel genetics but we'll see. Some of my SLSD pheno's were full-on cat piss odour. I sure loved the smell in the flower room when the HS was nearing harvest.

I'll be making f2's of the HSD and f(3?)'s of the BH on this first seed crop and then later in the season I'll seed up a few buds to cross the 2 strains. I'm not looking for the holy grail, just a good high yielding hash producer.

Thanx again for popping in, it's always good hearing from a fellow HS lover and pollen chucker. :thank you:

smilley

Veteran
Hey Funion, don't just subscribe, pop those seeds and grow em alongside me here in this thread. I'm already seeing significant variation among the BHs. I had 10 for 10 germ rate and believe you will too. When I pull everything out for watering in a few days, I'll line up the BHs for a family photo.

The same invite goes out to all members with Blockhead seeds. Grow em here and we can have a Charlie Brown Christmas. (get it?) I'd especially like to see some Grindhouse IBLs, I couldn't afford those but I'd love to see how they compare to the BeanHo version.

Anyway Funion, welcome aboard and get crackin.................

smilley

Veteran
My Fav HSD

My Fav HSD

Day 28 from seed

Although all of the HSDs are quite uniform in height and structure this is my fav. It's the shortest of the 10, but has the most advanced branching of the 10. Left to it's own devices, it would develop into a nice desireable Christmas tree shape. Unfortunately, if it's a female, it'll be harvested for clones and all the branches tied up to the main stock for compactness in the flowering room.

Regardless, male or female, this one's going in the breeding program.

picture.php

picture.php

F

Funion

Sadly I havent the opportunity now. They are a project for the new year probably. I'll have to enjoy your show as a treat of what will be!
Looking nice so far...

smilley

Veteran
That's too bad man,I hope you get to run them soon. I'll soldier along on my own and try to put on as good a show as I can. I've had major f--- ups just about every season so if you see anything strange, let me know. Sometimes "I can't see the trees, for the forest".......:ying::)

primobud

Howdy looking great there smilley boy. Here's a shot of one of your HSD's bent along the left side of my light after 4wks flowering. Follow the main stalk up from the lower left up to the two buds at the top near the green tape on my duct. This is a really nice plant.

smilley

Veteran
Looks like a bumper crop of HSD coming your way primobud. I can see some trich production on the upper leaves which is always a good sign this early in flower. Mine won't have quite as much veg time as yours, but seeing that monster has me really stoked. Once I'm into the clone crops I'll be running a 50 -60 day veg cycle. Probably 40 to 45 days on this first crop. Awesome growing primobud and thanks for keeping us updated. :thank you:

smilley

Veteran
Day 35 From Seed

Day 35 From Seed

I just got home from 4 nights away and the plants are looking great. Things have been a bit hectic for me lately so I haven't been able to stay on top of the thread. Anyway, the plants are filling the veg room nicely and autopilot worked again.

The Blockheads are in the back and the pics don't really show much but this is all I have time for now. I'll try and get some close-ups tomorrow when I water.

picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo brotha smilley, plants lookin really nice... healthy green as hell!!! sure promise really explosive bloom, excellent grower !!!
keep it update!!!!

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
I agree with everyone else the plants look great. I'm liking what the PBP can do. Thinking of giving it a try,was looking at the starter pack(PBG,PBP&LK).

I'm a big BH fan, SWT too. I've been waiting for the weather to break to start some of mine. Might do BH x SWT or SWT x BH or maybe BH f2's or SWT f2's. I won't know till I start opening seeds packs.

Yea, I'm gonna get that starter pack and make some soil. It's BH time! It's all your fault smilley:biggrin:....mitsu