What's new

Blimey's Ghetto Perpetual

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Borg = spider mites.

Yep, I have seen them on both upper and lower leaf surfaces. No plants with webs now that the GP12 has been chopped, but I've seen plenty of mites.

Will keep on spraying every few days.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
The mites may have eased a bit....Taking the GP12 out probably helped.

So....we have two Power Black girls....the smaller one is being flowered out sinse.....here she is at day 34 (6 days veg):

picture.php

The bigger was was dusted with some White Widow pollen on the 22nd. Day 33 (7 days veg):

picture.php

The big Sensi Star at day 51......I just looked on the boo....56-63 days.....hahahahahaha no.

picture.php

Finally.....a little Sensi Star that I also dusted with some White Widow pollen on the 22nd. This is day 32 of 12/12.

picture.php

Look after your precious bodily fluids......

V1AAA

when they're at that age dont you start getting impatient? i know i do

im at 56 days on sunday, but they have to come down

got a flat inspection going on very soon after

otherwise i would wait til at least 70 days +

any pic's of what you took down?

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I didn't get any dried pics of the GP12, sorry. Yield was very low due to seeds. Got a days smoke out of the trim, and another couple from the bud, taking it easy.

Nice smoke.....very pronounced visual enhancement, slightly trippy high. Narcotic in extended sessions. Found myself with half-finished joint in hand, thinking "what's this crap on the TV?" because the World Cup footie I was watching had finished and the next program come on.....more than once.

As for impatient......I'm only showing the main cola. If you saw the whole plant, you'd notice a lot of missing buds. I'm pretty good at waiting for the main bud....but terrible at ruining my total yield because I nip lower buds early.

But when ya got no smoke.....

Good luck with the inspection....8 weeks out of 10 shouldn't be too bad, smokewise. Safety first....

V1AAA

if you take pics of the seeded plant it can sometimes show its shape

and make further selections based on the shape of the plant you want

theory doesnt always make good practise though.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I took a look at the big Sensi Star under the loupe (first time) at day 53. F*ck me if there aren't an abundance of amber trichomes all over the place.

So, I chopped it. No pics alas.

Total total indica. No head to the buzz at all. Takes some getting used to. I think I like my weed to have at least a little top to them...

Not for wake-and-bake, that's for sure. I think my afternoon-and-bake is goin to crash out in a few minutes.

V1AAA

wishing i had an abundance of amber on the ladies that came down.

anywayz sleep well :wave:

I took a look at the big Sensi Star under the loupe (first time) at day 53. F*ck me if there aren't an abundance of amber trichomes all over the place.

So, I chopped it. No pics alas.

Total total indica. No head to the buzz at all. Takes some getting used to. I think I like my weed to have at least a little top to them...

Not for wake-and-bake, that's for sure. I think my afternoon-and-bake is goin to crash out in a few minutes.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I chop some of it up and dry it in paper on top of the CFL. After a day natural dry, it's done in an hour. Doesn't do anything for the taste/smell, but it smokes well enough.

So I quick dried about half of it, the rest will be ready naturally when I finish the quick dry stuff. Even the quick dried stuff tastes very earthy, slightly hashy. The plant didn't stink as much as I expected, sweat and citrus, but you only noticed it if you touched it.

RudeDog

Veteran
I chop some of it up and dry it in paper on top of the CFL. After a day natural dry, it's done in an hour. Doesn't do anything for the taste/smell, but it smokes well enough.

Good idea to use the light mate.....Fookin obvious really. I'll be trying that.

Last edited:

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Power Black (sinse) day 40 of 12/12. You can see that she's suffering from the heat a bit.

picture.php

Power Black (semilla) day 39 of 12/12.

picture.php

The combination of this heat and smoking weed is not making me very productive....could do with it cooling down just a little...

fizzy187

Aye to that' on the cooling vibe! But ^^ they look really sativa like,seems ta me ya have some sweet headroom..gonna be nice ta see these finish up~

Im just in the process of attempting a staggered harvest in a sort of sog,reason being i could only get 9 clones when i took them (first time i ever cloned) and got a 100% strike rate thankfully,yet im still in need of 20 more clones so i suppose for me its all just a matter of time and demonstration of the virtues of patience!

Good tidings your way k+

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey fizzy, it's been a while....nice work on the clones....not an area I've dabbled in yet.....need more space.....how did that blueberry treat ya in the end?

Headroom.....is a mixed picture. I just took this snap..... the sinse PB is at the left front....plenty of headroom but she has finished stretching now. She was a very picky feeder for some reason.

The seeded PB is to the right at the back...she has stretched more, but is just doing the seed thing, so I doubt she will get much taller, or yield much.

See the enormous, ragged sativa at the left-back? Sensi Mexican Sativa in a tiny 1 litre pot. She just stretched like crazy, looking just like a male until she actually showed some pistils. Trying to keep her tied down to a couple of stakes in the Sensi Star pot. Nothing like the other phenos I've had of this strain.

picture.php

The smaller Power Black is just starting to put on some weight at day 44.

picture.php

Don't let the heat drive ya crazy......

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Thanks for the link.

I've used the Tesco clumping stuff before (as cat litter).....which is what I had in my mind whenever I read about people using cat litter to grow.

I'm using a mix of 75% Levington multi-purpose compost and 25% Sainsbury's economy cat litter at the moment. It doesn't seem to be clumping, which is a stroke of luck. Only got a couple of seedlings in it at the moment, so a bit early to pass judgement.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no worries Blimey, its called calcined clay the stuff we want i believe and its the non-clumping cat litter thats made from it. im hoping to find an un-scented version.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
My preliminary verdict on the Sainsbury's basics cat litter is.......not good. Nothing seems to be growing as well as I'd expect in the mix (75% Levington's, 25% cat litter). Chalk it down to experience....

My camera is suffering from horrific memory effect. Currently lets me take ONE photo before crapping out. Boo.

picture.php

Trying the Black Forrest again, keeping it in a 1 litre pot to try and keep the height down. One month into flower, 3 to go. All ok so far.....most leaves are still attached and the right colour. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love the leaf structure on this strain. Total sativa diva.

If things go to plan, I should be upgrading my setup in the next month or so. Thinking of getting a 250 or 400 w/tent plus the usual trimmings, fan, carbon etc etc. Guess I need to buy a decent camera too....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey - that BF looks happy!. hope the others are doing well.

shame about the cat litter - i think you need the non-clumping kind. im going to try the wilko or tesco stuff thats mentioned in that info i posted a while back. apparently its just a scented version of what is already sold as an expensive soil additive.

my power blacks are showing quite a bit of variation this time, and i should have a few f2 seeds coming from them.

cheers mate

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey VG!

The cat litter I use doesn't "clump" as such....the granules do not stick together...but many seedlings and sprouting seeds seem to have a hard time getting going in it. Of course, other factors such as ambient heat and pH may well have played a role. It makes a loud fizzing noise when I water it....maybe it sucks too much water out and doesn't like releasing it? Whatever, it'll be back to perlite or tropical forest substrate for the next batch of soil mix, I think.

The sinse PB I grew out was harvested at around 60....no snaps alas, as my camera is not a well baby...but it was a very nice smoke. A lovely smooth high. The one I used for seed....seemed to go into suspended animation soon after pollination.....I chopped it at 62, but seeds were nowhere near done, despite having 35 days or so to ripen. Another chalk up to grower incompetence.

Got another PB about 3 weeks in flower after 3 weeks veg....this one is earmarked for a Gong gig in late September, so no picky-picky on the popcorn.

The BF seems surprisingly happy for being in such a tiny container. Plenty of time yet for her to give me some aggro hehehe

Got a couple of Afghani x NLs about a month in.......just starting to really get their act together....I shall give my camera a good talking to and see if I can get a pic later.