What's new

Blimey's Ghetto Perpetual

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
@JS.....watch out for the Avatar Kush cut coming soon to a thread near you.....it's blue and 11ft tall!!! lol

@Buffoonman.....yeah, I've had a lot of fungus gnat problems, and I blame the Arthur Bowers....not helped by the fact that it's stored in the garden. But it's cheap...recently, I've been trying John Innes Ericaceous compost....it's a bit finer, dries out quicker....and no gnats...so far

B

Buffoonman

Agree with you. John Innes is OK plus you can get 1 2 and 3 for different stages of growth. Used it myself with no problems. Its only the arthur bowers It has given me untold problems. All you other UK growers steer well clear of it.

FreeMan

Sounding like a cheapskate here, but whilst we're on the subject of compost have either of you tried Wilko's home brand all-purpose? It's only 80p 15Ltrs atm (maybe for a reason!?) so I thought I might as well see how it is... I've never done soil before either so both feet are firmly in the unknown. Started a load of seeds in it and it seems to be fine upto now, a few weeks in and they are showing signs they need a feed, so I think it must be light on the fert side of thing. I'd like to switch my whole set-up to organic soil at some point, seems a lot less hassle than hydro with the added bonus of the health benefits.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Wilkinson's nearest place is a bit of a trek, compared with Wyevales just down the road, so I usually pop down there.

VerdantGreen is the expert on organics...and we have all seen what wonders he can do with it...he's had me thinking about trying to source EWC and N and P guano on more than one occasion. Got as much wood ash as I can use here, so K isn't a problem. The whole "just water" thing appeals to my lazy side.

B

Buffoonman

I had excellent results with Plagron Royalty mix but its expensive. But as Blimey has shown you don't need to spend a fortune to get good results.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want to make a cheep compost along the lines of mine then you should mix 4 parts peat, 3 parts topsoil (westland is good) and 3 parts perlite.

if you can get hold of mushroom compost or EWC then 2 parts of that, 2 topsoil, 3 peat and 3 perlite.

then use whatever organic ferts you can find to get the nutrition in.

blimey - you should take care with wood ash as it is quite alkali and can gum up the soil - use sparingly.

incidentally gardening Which just tested organic liquid ferts - the new horizon organic tomato food did the best both with toms and geraniums - its about 2.5 1 2.5 so would probably be a good weed fert for veg and up to mid flower. possibly too much N for late flower. only a fiver a bottle.

cheers :tiphat:

VG.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Thanks for the tips and the kind words, gents :) Point taken too on the wood ash....I probably overdid it a couple of months ago on one or two plants.

I always thought there was an ethical issue with peat? Non-sustainable resource and all that jazz...I see lots of organic people on icmag using it though.

Got a bit of work coming up (miracle of miracles!), so will have a browse down the garden centre after picking up a pH meter, once I get paid. We shall then have a good laugh when we discover what ridiculous pH values my babies have been enduring.

Total sausage fest in the flower cab recently. I guess when life gives you balls, it's time to make beans.

Been off the Arthur Bowers for a while now, and I barely see a fungus gnat nowadays.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey, you are right about the sustainability issues around peat, i dont use it for anything else other than weed.
Ireland has a lot of peat and it is arguably an exploitable resource over there in some places.
also there is a product called moorland gold which is basically peat filtered from the streams running off the moors.

p.s. pH pens are easy to break - take care of that little glass ball at the business end ;)
i got one that seemed to work just fine from ebay for about a tenner - but i broke it :(

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Don't get me wrong....I'm no eco-nazi, although definitely a tree-hugging kind of chap....but it just seemed quirky to me, especially given the fervent nature of some of the members who post in the Organics section lol.

Guess I've spent too many years watching Gardeneres World and having it drummed into me by the great Monty.

I'll bear that in mind on the pH pen....I've got a 200W Blue CFL that I've never used, cos I accidently pushed it too hard while trying to screw it in to a dodgy lampholder, and it has a little crack on one of the tubes....been too paranoid that it will go kaboom to plug it in to a fresh holder. I'm all thumbs.....

My local hydro place has a Senz at £25. Plus others at ridiculous prices. All my cards are in purdah at the moment, so no ebay for me.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
the little glass ball should be kept wet too. with daily use this will happen naturally with the little bit of residue that end up in the cap, so remember to put the cap back on :)

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Thanks, Jamie, I shall bear that in mind.

So I went down to my local hydro shop this morning.....which is a bit of a walk...4 miles or so......and the f*ckers were shut...at 11am on a Saturday morning! Bah! Humbug! and other such curses....

So, after a restorative pint, I called Mr Dealer Man #2, who I also haven't spoken to for a good 6 months, and threw a score his way. Apparently the stamp on his latest bar of hash was "Patel".....just finished a spliff, so we shall see.....but we are probably in soap country.

So ye olde pH pen will have to wait until my next payday, hopefully later this month.

On a more general note.....I cut the Black Forrest at just shy of 10 weeks. The leaves had very quickly got sick, I suspect due to pH issues. But....Very nice smoke for taken so early. This is a good strain. Got another one in flower, in a small pot. Also got 4 Power Blacks at various stages, a couple of Blue Mystics, and a Sensi Star. But nothing with flowers yet, except for another GP12 which is about 3 or 4 weeks in.

So no pics.....unless y'all want some Sensi Star and/or Blue Mystic shots of unsexed plants?

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
A thread needs pictures...

GP12, day 24....think I've had this pheno before....

picture.php

Sensi Star....not sexed, but fem seed...so should be a girl.

picture.php

Front is a Blue Mystic.....back is a Black Forrest.....neither showing yet.....but we've been having nothing but boys recently.

picture.php

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
4,000 views exactly......wow......

Are we all enjoying the heat? Temp of 82 when I turned the light on. I wouldn't be surprised if my lights-out temps are warmer than my lights-on temp at times.

With all these males appearing, I felt compelled to do a little matchmaking....

picture.php

GP12 day 30...top cola dusted 22nd with Power Black pollen. The budsite belw the duct tape dusted yesterday with Blue Mystic pollen.

The pic isn't great, but all the pistils on the top cola have turned brown.

The Black Forrest found one or more aspects of its environment distateful, by the looks of it....

picture.php

Sensi Star, still covered in soil from being repotted tonight.....day 19.

picture.php

Finally.....another Blue Mystic which should show sex any day now. Let's hope it makes the right choice. It's life depends on it.....

picture.php

Stay cool....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey- looking good, glad you got some seeds made with the power black :)

did you enjoy the summer? :D

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I have been enjoying the sun....and the benefits it brings... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdOotrQ_Hw

Got another two Power Blacks in the flower cab.....I shall have a girl, even if it kills me! You can also see my state-of-the-art environmental metering system.

picture.php

Remember that DC pollen? The first of the Spoetnik #1 x Deep Chunk offspring just went into 12/12 tonight.

picture.php

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
June already...where does the time go?

The two Power Blacks are chugging along. One of each might be nice; two girls wouldn't go amiss, either.

picture.php

Spoetnik # 1 x Deep Chunk on the left, Sensi Star on the right.

picture.php

The Sensi Star in the 4 litre pot is starting to do its thing, finally. Staying very squat, looking the 100% indica plant.

picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
the sensi star is looking nice n healthy there mate*... how many weeks is she? 3? 4?

*and actually so is everything else :)

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Sensi Star (big one) is day 27 (3 days veg).

Power Blacks are days 9 and 10 (7 and 6 days veg).

Spoetnik x DC is day 6 (3 days veg).

Everything is looking pretty good at the moment. Got a few white flecks developing on some leaves, which is either spider mites or pH....not 100% sure yet.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice blimey - ive just sowed some power black myself - gonna try and take it to f2.

how about the black forrest? did it get smoked? :D

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I might make some f2s myself, if I get one of each.....or maybe Sensi Star x Power Black, depending on how things pan out. The bigger of the two Power Blacks is actually the younger one, and has caught my eye....

The big Black Forrest was chopped over about a week between 65 - 70 days after all the leaves started dropping.....very nice uplifting high, potency was already there.....not all racy or edgy, which is odd for taken so early. Yield was also good at that early stage....not surprised you ended up with those giant tennis racket buds. Even with that early harvest, I think I can safely give it a big thumbs up :)

The little Black Forrest with gender issues also got smoked......meh...not enough leaf on it to do much buzzwise.

But you know me.....everyting except stalks and dead fan leaves gets smoked.....philistine that I am lol

I'm loving the leaves on that Spoetnik x DC cross. Can't wait to see how it grows out...

Latest posts

Latest posts