What's new

Blimey's Ghetto Perpetual

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Cheers, mitch, and thanks for not mentioning the webbing lol....

She's been pretty easy so far.....eating up all her lower fans.....but that could be for a couple of reasons.....

I'm thinking she's a ten weeker.....will be a bit longer in this case due to lack of veg time....she's actually at 47 or so, but was put in 12's at 2 days veg....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah she looks nice for sure. i'll be surprised if the cherrydog ends up with less bud density than the cherrybomb - the CB's i ran had just about everything but density.
then again i suspect the Chem D is an 'oustanding pheno multi hybrid' type cut and may not breed true for much at all.

cheers

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
One plant is not a representative sample, true......

Power Black x Super Silver Haze F1.......can't see much SSH in it at all so far....

picture.php

"I Used To Be A Man"

This Bridget Fonda F1 (BJ #2 x Lemon Chunk) showed balls for two nodes.....then decided to be a girl instead.....strange.....
picture.php

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey, RIL, cheers for stopping in.

Yeah.....the mites are still around....I don't like spraying plants once they're well into flower, and with a perpetual setup, that means they've always got a few plants to hide out on somewhere in the tent.....

I don't stress about them as much as I used to......they eat the fans a bit, and the occasional plant gets a few webs, but most plants don't get absolutely hammered by them......I long ago stopped worrying too much about smoking the odd mite....

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't sweat the balls for a couple of nodes..

I get it sometimes, flip to flower and the newest nodes show pistils but some of the lower nodes put a ball or two out then continue to be full females. And no balls, nana's or unplanned seeds from the rest of the grow.

Would like to get to the bottom of it? But it has happened with a few strains from different breeders of late

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
It was just by luck that I didn't chuck it when the balls showed.....looked totally dude-like. It just so happened that I was auditioning studs to hit the Cherryjuana with...so decided to let him live until I made the final choice...and a few days later the pistils started big time.........in the fullness of time, the 4 or so male sacs dropped their payload.....onto what was now flower clusters on the nodes below 6.....so I've got some S1s (or F2s, whatever) brewing down there.....

But she's full-out girl now.....not doing anything freaky....some ladyboys can be a bit half-hearted when it comes to making buds, but this girl seems to have got with the program....

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
ivermectin will kill those mites mate and its safe to use in flower too ivermectin penetrates a few layers of the leaf and fades in 7 days its used in meds for humans for worms etc i will find the document on its affects to plants and humans and post it up for you

you would need to consume 2000ltrs of the made up solution 0.5ml/ltr for it to do any harm
the water will kill you first lol

wouldnt harm trying to get rid of them once and for all

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i stopped doing perpetual because once you get a few mites in there you never get rid of them. starting off each flowering round from scratch gives you a chance to break the vicious cycle.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Blimey,

Thought i'd drop in as i've not been around for a while... Did the mites show up after a real christmas tree was brought into the house?

something i noticed when i was cab growing a few years ago but it was just a hunch.

Eggy