What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

asher1er

Veteran
medgrowr02 said:
I just added 8 widows to my 8-bucket recirc system, built using this tutorial. I'm having water level issues... my front row of buckets, those closet to the controller are steady and maintain a perfect water level.

My back row is way too high, it looks like it might over-flow actually. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

is that back row linked together? meaning...does that whole back row use the same return line? if so there might be something slowing down the return maybe a pinched line or a clog somewhere...if it has not over flowed yet then theres a flow issue or like stated above, is your floor uneven?

blazeoneup you're the man! i built one of these but have a question about timer
cycles.

do you run the pump all the time (lights on and maybe a burp at night)?

or do you do a crazy 1 on 4 off or 3 on 5 off? (expensive ass timer)?

asher1er

Veteran
rusty_shacklfor said:
blazeoneup you're the man! i built one of these but have a question about timer
cycles.

do you run the pump all the time (lights on and maybe a burp at night)?

or do you do a crazy 1 on 4 off or 3 on 5 off? (expensive ass timer)?

Im not Blaze but seems like hes prolly out trimming or something :joint:

The feed pump runs 24/7 thats what makes it a recirc system, no on off :joint:

Green Force

I am thinking of doing a recirc system With 20 gallon rubbermaids. Any thoughts?
other then the insane amount of water and nutes

asher1er

Veteran
Green Force said:
I am thinking of doing a recirc system With 20 gallon rubbermaids. Any thoughts?
other then the insane amount of water and nutes

i have the same thoughts in my head aswell but for a seperate room, to run some crazy long flowering sativa maybe ssh or something special :joint:

1st run,where i went wrong

1st run,where i went wrong

ok. first i'll say this is a beautiful system. it was up and flowing like a champ on the first try. BUT I MADE a critical mistake. i went cheap(i can tell myself its because the shop didn't have them) i used a fucking grommit and glue !!
goop plumpers...well i read it worked for someone, but not for me. :spank:

so i will be ordering some ebb and flow fittings for my bucket line outs, all controller and res fittings. hell the controller if fucked (>10 bucks no biggie) but not ANOTHER TRIP TO THE HARDWARE STORE. shit i was 4ft short on my 1/2 inch poly. ace hardare is out, true value only 50ft, lowes in next town no biggie if it wasnt my millionth time :muahaha: and the hydro store is a journey. hope you dont get tired of reading this but--got stoned rolled to lowes grabbed 1/2 black poly, got home its 1/2 OUTSIDE DIAMETER :bashhead: not a match :laughing:
go back again got right one only had clear? oh well its my final return kinda neat to watch.

so now i order some parts online i should have gotten anyway, and wait
kinda sad. i was on a roll assembling it.

but it will work again and better!
:rant:

ok i priced them online including my local hydro shop (they did have then, but no wonder i didnt see them @$5 a pop w/no screen LOL) but i did pick up 11 ebb & flow 1/2" fill/drains and for screens for 26 bucks shipped 2-3 days woohoo. :rasta:

Last edited:

Green Force

asher1er said:
i have the same thoughts in my head aswell but for a seperate room, to run some crazy long flowering sativa maybe ssh or something special :joint:

yeah i am going to have it for my 4k flip flop i am planing for when i get my house soon =D might just go with buckets tho u never kno!!

SpAzZ

wow! "helpful one" this is definitely the most comprehensive bio-bucket tutorial i have ever seen. it answered some questions i have had about the recirc theory portion as well as provided me with the inspiration necessary to seriously consider the technique in a future project. thanks for your fine work!

Peace

asher1er

Veteran
SpAzZ said:
wow! "helpful one" this is definitely the most comprehensive bio-bucket tutorial i have ever seen. it answered some questions i have had about the recirc theory portion as well as provided me with the inspiration necessary to seriously consider the technique in a future project. thanks for your fine work!

Peace

This tutorial aint for Bio-Buckets, check out BigTokes thread for that..I can say this system works real nice :joint:

SkareCrow

hmmmm

I am planning on doing this in a roughly 5x5x9 space

I'm trying to decide between 3 rows of 3 buckets (9 all together) or 3 rows of 4 buckets kinda like the original. but I am worried about spacing I don't wanna do one then find out I either don't have enough space and have to rebuild of that I missed out on 3 extra plants...

can some one help?

SkareCrow

also if I cut the veg period down to 2 weeks do you think I could make 12 work?

sry For all the Q's I'm just trying to get the final detail of my plan figured out since I have been planning this for about a year and have finally decided on a setup

hey blazeoneup or anyone else...do you know if the chart of ppm and Ph levels included at the end of the tutorial uses the ppm=EC times 500 scale or does it use the ppm=EC times 700 scale?

..also...does it assume a neutral EC starting point like you get with RO water?
...cause if it does i would have to add the EC of my tap water to the numbers on the chart.
..thanks for answering..i need these answers to effectively use the chart :rasta:

Last edited:
the price for the id tubing is pretty steep, could you get away with just using the regualar 3/4 inch poly tubing without it cloggin?

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
What up folks! Currently running the Bio-buckets system with great success but wanted to maybe switch over to this style later in the yr. I have a quick question that may have been asked but i couldn't find where in the thread:

#1 - I dont understand why the water from the res. isn't overflowing the buckets from the pressure of the resevoir. Basically pushing the water back up into the buckets and overflowing them. Please explain for hydroponically challenged!

#2 - Yield? 10 buckets X 2kHPS sealed room with CO2. Clones 18 inches at least
with strains like GDP, Erckle, SD IBL, Herijuana, mostly indicas, etc...

Last edited:

jtk707

:rasta:

:rasta:

Very informitive , building this same system except with big tubs , trying to decide if i should go with 3 or 2 plants per 30 gal tub :rasta:

plumpm0nkey

i loved my system but the 1/4" line and elbow barb from the 1/2" rubber hose go clogged after 6 weeks. it could of been bc of my wellwater turned hard// but it wasnt equally feeding. and then i ran into water temp problems. but i am confident to drag out the buckets and add some tweaks and go bigger on the feed lines and go big on the air line . on a 12 site 800gph pump wasnt enough and the sunleave airpump with the diaphram i forget the model wasnt enough air. the air wands arnt cheap. Anyone have a tweaked up version?

it was my 1st grow and 1st water grow. i would invest in a good meter and if possible a water chiller, bc usin a homade one sucked ass and freezen bottles was lame as shit. the mspanit was a theory to save money on 3/4" rubber. shit is pricey

jimmie

my system= 4 buckets 1 controller 1 res, used to be non recirculating, water level 1 in below net pot,added recirculating feed lines and now when i turned on the water pump, the water level in the controller lowers causing the res to top off,causing the 4 buckets water level to rise above net pot.
what can i do to fix this?

plumpm0nkey

you have to much water dont forget about the water in the hoses. what ever level the water is in the controller is the level in the buckets i hope im not stating the obvious

Latest posts

Latest posts