What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

simpleword

Quick question:

I'm about to run my second DWC set up and the clones that I can get are going to be rooted in a medium less bubbler. My last run the clones were in rockwool. Can I just put the rooted clones into the hydroton without any rockwool or anything?

V

vaprpig

simpleword, yes but be careful after transplanting as they are unstable/unsteady in the hydroton until the root mass develops.

asher1er

Veteran
what spacing is used between buckets? sorry if i missed it, im trying to figure out how many can be placed in a 10x16 room :joint:

Its people like Blazeoneup, and all of you that make this shit happen! this is where innovation happens in its most crucial form, everyone sharing new improvments on existing methods as well as small tweaks that may make some kind of huge difference in some way. Not to get into embellishing og again and agin, but this kind of thing is the same as any other underground movement, except if take the form of internet. Cool stuff. Really want to say thanks to BLAZEONEUP!!! Thanks for taking the time to pause and document all of these great aspects of your set up. I know that it takes a ton of patience to do that. ANd then to upload them all and arrange them and comment on them ect. As ive read your replies, you seem to have a great amount of patience and this is probably part of your success.

Ok, sorry for all of that. I just felt some recognition was due on my part. Well, what i was going to say was that ive had experience using those "Spinlocks" from American Agritech. Infact ive had one of those 8 tray aerojet systems. The Spinlocks works great! However, if the interest or the goal is in a lock-tight fit of your tubing on your barb, then for absolute peace of mind, id go with the ring clamps. The SPinlocks are incredible tight, infact on their website they rate them up to 100psi before they supposedly come off.

Ok thats all

BB

gride

rotozip

rotozip

arrigatoooo
thank you Blaze!!!
It,s so simple
Ive always been an nft fan but this is great for 6ish plant limits
bagpipe; already set up but im gonna get
some of those spinlocks for the next run
This craftsman "rotozip" kinda tool is the best for cutting circles
for drywall too. its so fast and easy to make perfect holes.
the nets snap right in and kinda lock into the hole

11835craftsman.jpg

Last edited:

gride

shut-offs

shut-offs

im getting all excited as ive almost got my first
DWC (ala Blaze) setup up and running.
just had my first issue
my 3/4 shutoff's are just drippin like crazy
all two of them
shutoffs.jpg

i see you have different ones Blaze
they look like spinlock type or something like that
i didn't see those at the local shop
the ones i got have an arrow showing the proper flow direction
i was just filling them up for the first time and letting the water flow
in that direction
but when the water is just sitting still they are dripping
open or closed
i wonder if the water has to be flowing to keep them from leaking
that don't make any sense though..
im gonna remove mine from the system for now
oh well
Other than that just loving the system
im hoping i can get it fired up for the Lords Birthday
:wave:

Last edited:

IlEagle

Hey man, quick question...

I'm looking at 6 5-gallon buckets on a 30 gallon res (that sounds good, no?) - With that said, does my water pump in the controller STAY ON circulating the nutes 24 hours a day... or can I get away with an on/off pattern?

Also, when adding nutes, I just walk over to the res while the water pump is off, drop in nutrients / addback, then turn the water pump on for a few minutes so the entire system mixes, THEN take my measurements... Correct?

shotgun 420...re-read blazeoneups tutorial...it has two different posts that show you where to download his tutorial so you can study it at your leisure..

Military

im pretty excited to make my DWC Recir system thats similar to Blaze's :p..

Going to be using SOG with 2 plants per 1 container, Only thing is Im going to have to make sure that the roots dont clug up my retain/fill holes or else ill be in a world of trouble with water all over the place :p

This thread made me want to do this setup for sure :p Just going to have to really figure out a good way to keep roots away from the holes....actually I think I just thought of a way to fix that issue :p hehe always thinking of something better to improve someone else's already great design :p

ogenko

gonna tell?

gonna tell?

Military said:
Just going to have to really figure out a good way to keep roots away from the holes....actually I think I just thought of a way to fix that issue :p
cmmon spit it out
no hoarding the good idears =)

asher1er

Veteran
Blaze or anyone running this system, i have a few questions.

The setup is a 20bucket setup 4 rows of 5 what size rez and controller do you all recommend?

what size pump for the feed lines?

and what size air pumps? or do i just buy multiple of them ecoplus pumps?

ogenko

elbow

elbow

blazeoneup said:
Also I have to go back and edit this tutorial, I built the 1st design improperly, You want to use a 1/4" elbow on the feed line to the bucket so it can be pointed down spraying directly into the solution. Not at the net cups...
first of all Blaze, thanks for the great system tutorial
was working great for me until i realized my ph meter was junk and i had fried my babies
?? what's the reason for the elbow on the feeder lines??
does the stream directly on the roots have some kind of adverse effect???

Uncle Remus

Sir Choofsalot shotgun 420...re-read blazeoneups tutorial...it has two different posts that show you where to download his tutorial so you can study it at your leisure..

I don't see any download links myself...Could you please post what page these are on

Thanks

phattybudz

Blaze I really appreciate this, it helped me out a lot with my setup.

I have been told by a few people to keep the ph from 5.8 to 6.3 but in this thread you say 5.3-5.5 for new clones... so I'm kind of torn. Is there a reason you say to go lower?

Thanks!

I just added 8 widows to my 8-bucket recirc system, built using this tutorial. I'm having water level issues... my front row of buckets, those closet to the controller are steady and maintain a perfect water level.

My back row is way too high, it looks like it might over-flow actually. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?