What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Geisha

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look forward to seeing some pics htown , they look nice if nothing else.
This one from way back finally flowered out , top got chewed off by the cat , might let her do the training from now on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just popped 9 ex 10 from cosmetic seconds of these , will send some more freebies in soon with a shedload of Cherrychunk which are testing out solid.

H

htownblowskush

coolman I will post them up. Make sure you let me know and be sure to make a few packs of all your works BINs. Ill buy them all at these prices! great new pics when mine arrive Ill throw up a grow journal

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Number 146 has the desirable soft wet look about it that goes with the best flavours , starting to colour up at 35 days.

picture.php

This one also has the thin stems from the trainwreck genes and is cute and sugary and will be a pain to trim.

picture.php

This one is boreingly green and refuses to colour down to low forties farenheit darkcycle temps but the highest yield seen yet , possibly the last identifiable pheno to surface , by pure luck there have been only a handfull of disapointing plants in what could have easily been a complete fuckup.

picture.php

Found a blackberry i forgot i had pollinated , a few hundred should be at the bay as freebies end of January if nvisions contract killers dont find me.

To anyone reading this rambling thread who has considered crossing something , give it a go sooner rather than later.
Many of you will have better conditions and more space than i have and probably better plants to work with , immense pleasure to be had growing them out and if someone else enjoys them its a nice bonus.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
foomar this girl has still eluded me but damn son you are getting it done like no other. i love your sophisticated and professional approach even though you try to make it look like rambling i think it is genius. i have querkle which is another purple with cindy in the mix and that wet look you speak of i can vouch for. the one i have has that wet look and the best tastes as well. glad other growers are seeing this too, things starting to make sense. peace and smoke my friend and happy holidaze.

H

htownblowskush

Man I wish I was running these ...sent off for mine nov.18th its jan 6 of the new year so I guess Ive lost out on this one...keep the pics running though brother

H

htownblowskush

Ok I lied mine are on the way should be here by monday. Then Ill start them! Anybody else start theirs yet?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks ft100 , it really is rambling and this is the much cleaned up rewrite usually.

Have kept quite detailed records of every plant of both sexes and will reach 200 around easter and will probably continue , looks to be of potential interest and plenty to argue over when data mined.

htown , let me know if you did not get them and will sort something out.

Number 157 has the darkest colour and habit which represents approx one in eight of the females to date , variation within this expression shows four distinct odour/taste profiles to date in the cured bud and repeatable in the following clone.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is within the selection range and will be kept and tested as clone along with the others , still only found one really dark male and want a selection to test.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks grasper , has been a pleasure documenting these and have learnt more from running a decent number of one cross than in twenty years of growing everything out by the packet.

Skimming through the plant records by eye throws up a number of questions includeing frequency of so called keepers and M/F ratios within packets for starters.

This one is an abandoned parallel cross and test with the same Geisha male used on a less coloured but much higher yielding plant from Wallys original classic .

Good points are the high yield , sweet generic C99x flavour pallete and a 65 day finish and a very good leaf to bud ratio .

Less desirable to me are the mostly thin spindly trainwreck style stems which demand support from mid flower and the lower frequency and depth of colour shown in a tiny 20 plant test run.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is a small seeded mother plant for this cross , the thin stems are obvious but no hermies at 90 days flower and 60 days from pollination , should scrog well.

picture.php

This is the mother plant flowered properly for yield rather than seed , fat stickey colas.

picture.php

Will be sent in as freebies only , under an unrelated name to avoid confusion with the worked line later.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi noorie , if you cant get the freebies from SB will sort something out.

This particular (Fat Blackberry x C99) x Geisha plant is causeing a rethink on the cross , massive yield and the best colour yet from this fat mother.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bloody thin stems are the only downside but can put up with it , marked for reveg if it smokes as good as it looks.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This particular Black Geisha is also cursed with floppy stems , probably not a personal keeper as this form has lacked flavour so far compared to those selected and retained as clone.

picture.php

picture.php

This expression is fairly common and is one of the highest yielders , similar in many respects to the original fat plant readily found in Wallys original but with a subtle Geisha flavour and a touch of foxing.

Did not fully appreciate the plant numbers involved in such a simple project as this , keeping and testing seven girls and three males along with the parents means haveing a hundred plants at all stages just to maintain them in safety.

I can see why throwing silver around is so popular.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are the tops of three clones of a potential keeper under SOG testing with different doses of pK13/14.
Bud shape is altered radically as is yield , see how it tastes with a short cure.

picture.php

picture.php

From the left , 25 - 10 - 0 mill dosage , serious foxtailing at high rate.

Finally after raiseing over one hundred males have found a fourth contender with good form and deep genetic colour to test.

picture.php

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just the name of this strain interests us...

.. then we see some dedication like this!

Finally after raiseing over one hundred males have found a fourth contender with good form and deep genetic colour to test.

picture.php

FAT stems and very NICE phyllotaxy for the top of a male plant there :yes:

Tell us you let that plant tango :dance: with some ladies... :D

Nice growing .. peace out :canabis:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks shaun and tex , first picture of a BG in flower wins a choice of something special from the fridge.
With well over a hundred packs gone out in the last year it will be nice to see what others make of them.

Have accurate data from nineteen packs of seed identical to the freebie packs sent in , female plants account for 64% of the total , one pack contained a single girl and one had only two males so its down to luck and another reason for putting more seed per pack.

Germination has been very near 100% thanks to the pinchtesting and slow drying.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Docleaf , this one seems to have the right look about it and the best structure of the only four dark males found to date.

Testing four males independantly on the seven girls selected is going to take a while if i pursue it.

are you going to rework the line with the (fat Blackberry x c99)x Geisha? Looks like a nice candidate for a new mother! And the last male looks like it would dust her nice

Latest posts

Latest posts