What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Geisha

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks jwm , good luck with that cross sounds interesting and will look out for your grow.
Hi Sexologist420 , will be on seedbay as freebies later in the year if you want to try them out.

First plant was ready at 65 days , left the bottom third as have no clones and it could be a keeper.
Very sticky dense buds , no yellowing near the stem which ruins so many like this and the smell is citrus/burnt orange similar to a pheno from the geisha side.

Fan leaves long gone and a very easy trim , some fine sugar leaf to dry sieve and the scissor hash was excellent.

Given small pot size the yield is good and would respond well to multiple topping and SCROG techniques.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This one came down at 70 days , darkest in colour and the best representation so far of the original mother.
Buds are a little more open on this one and yield is lower compared to the first one to crop , smell is intense fruit with a sourness to it and the stem can just support itself unlike the first one.

Looks quite pretty now but will fade a lot in drying to a dull redish blue.

Nik Dynosaur

Foomar, you know how i feel about this herb. Top notch all the way. I would kill to have it in my garden! I bet that the high is fantastic. I'd grow it just for the ornamental value alone!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words , after several previous dreadfull efforts i think i have found something to work with

Have one green female so the blue is not completely dominant , more sativa in form with conical to foxtailed buds and the best smell on any so far and is a heady mix of perfume and fruit.

This one is around 60 days in and has more of a red colour than blue , brilliant white pistils make a nice visual contrast and they all have some beauty.

Taste is variable fruit so far with sour orange and vaguely pineapple amongst them with a cream soda effect from the Geisha side , equal in flavour and potency to various C99 and crosses grown out over the years and higher yielding than most but with extended flower times.

The highs are typical C99/sweetooth and quite racy and of short duration at 20% amber as expected and desired , perfect daytime weed to cheer you up and fit around smoke breaks and chainsaws with no dangerous dulling of the senses and a strong flavour you can still taste an hour later.

Will have results from fifty ish in a couple of months and will have a better idea then as to phenos present as there seem to be lots amongst the two main forms with nothing very dominant.

Its hard to be completely subjective with your own crosses and i look forward to seeing others results later this year , i honestly think there are some stunners to be found here and nothing less than good so far from fifteen now.

Billygoat

Well done. Very nice thread and great job. Your plants are looking awesome. Great report to go along side them. Looks like you got some nice pheno's in the bunch. Great job and thanks for sharing.
Take care,
BG

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers Billygoat , as Wally is unable to redo his cross this could make a reasonable substitute and i hope you get a chance to see first hand.

This one seems to retain the colour better than most.

Fresh off plant reminds me of rasberries.

Fully dried and dark as hell.

Tase is mixed fruit , similar to vimto , and this one leaves your tongue tingleing.
Nice clean high of short duration with a richer and deeper aroma and flavour than others have shown.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are the last three from the first batch , metre guage to left.

The green one is showing some serious foxtailing now and the nicest smell.

Some nice colours on these two and will look better in sunlight at harvest.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks MOneYMiKe , they are pretty good for a little bit of effort and using breeders genetics like Head and Wally was a good choice for sure.
Loved your Geisha thread , did you make any use of the males ?.

This pic has dried mid level bud from four plants with variation in colour and density , tastes range from straight fruit to fruity dieselish with a typical positive C99 high.
One is a real wolf in sheeps clothing with a scary intense high that could put off a new toker for life.

This lonely green pheno exhibits zero colouration and an exotic fruity smell , none of the parental stock i grew out showed this bud structure to this degree but a few of these do.

There seems to be enougth here to make it worth working the line with some focused selection if i knew where to start ..........

Billygoat

Thanks MOneYMiKe , they are pretty good for a little bit of effort and using breeders genetics like Head and Wally was a good choice for sure.
Loved your Geisha thread , did you make any use of the males ?.

This pic has dried mid level bud from four plants with variation in colour and density , tastes range from straight fruit to fruity dieselish with a typical positive C99 high.
One is a real wolf in sheeps clothing with a scary intense high that could put off a new toker for life.

This lonely green pheno exhibits zero colouration and an exotic fruity smell , none of the parental stock i grew out showed this bud structure to this degree but a few of these do.

There seems to be enougth here to make it worth working the line with some focused selection if i knew where to start ..........

Ya, it's hard to beat Head and Wally's gear. They sure do know what they are doing. Very nice buds and plants you got there. I think more and more people are seeing they Head line as top gear. I know one of the clubs in cali. Has the Casey Jones in there and everyone is loving it.

Very nice post and the buds look awesome from here.
take care,
BG

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These two smoke particularly well and are distinct in flavour and different from C99 and the crosses i have grown out.
Hard for me to judge potency but it turns casual tokers into giggling schoolgirls in around three minutes and lasts around an hour.

Tastes really sweet and easy to overdo it leading to an unexpected couchlock effect on the body with a very racy almost panic high.

Both plants are getting a reveg , this is the first to crop around 30 days after being put in a greenhouse and seems to have worked well and reasonably fast.
Clones from this will be run in sog style as it could be a very high yielder this way if it stands the stress.
Interested to see the differance of 5 , 10 and 15 days veg with this particular clone with regard to plant size/yield/space and time of flower.

noorie

Hi, been a reader of this forum for while, recently registred... Great looking cross u got there...And it seems so delicious...I'd love to get a hold to a couple of seeds...

HarryNugz

Beauty of a plant foomar! Which male was sterile, the Blackberry? Did you end up crossing the Geisha male to a Blackberry? I was a little confused from your first post.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by HarryNugz , finding some lovely looking plants in the mix as the numbers run.
The C99 x Blackberry female used was particularly dark and as all three phenos i found were well coloured and a fine smoke i wanted to do an F2 with three good looking males from the same pack , for some reason these males would not set seed and were assumed infertile and binned.

Useing an untried male from Head,s Geisha seems to have paid off as many of these are stunners and honestly not found a disapointing one yet.

Welcome noorie , they will be available through the bay as freebies from June as planned barring disaster.

Not sure if they can compete with some of the gems on the fundraising auction but they are based on respected genetics and if you like cute sticky C99 type things i reckon a pack of 15 should get you a keeper and will send in a few for this if acceptable.

Still starting five a week in the hunt , more green phenos indicate 75% coloured and 25% green on the female side and 50/50 on the males.

Add in other magor variations and more than eight distinct phenos are present so far , a selected incross should be fun with the best from 100+ around xmas and think this will become a long term project.

To run the numbers am flowering after veggging to three nodes in 0.8 litre pots , this one is typical at 24 inches and 60 days 12/12 running at nine per square foot with minimal sidegrowth.
Yield is between 15 and a respectable 22 grammes dry this way and overall the room produces the same weight as before with fewer and bigger plants.

The trichs on this one are particularly prominent and has an intense floral odour and hard foxtailed buds of emerald green.

Plenty of seed nearly ready , these seed mothers are small early flowered clones and carry around 300 each minimum and starting to drop out.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant 49 was the best one so far and could be mistaken for the heavy yielding pheno from the C99 x Blackberry side.

It has the expected Geisha flavour and potency and seems stable ,this is the clone going out from July as BG49 , fast 55 days and good yield but has rather floppy stems and will need support from mid flower.

Nothing wrong with the existing BG13 cut but this is a much better yielder within the chosen phenotype and an obvious upgrade.

Seeding went without incident , nothing but fat mature seeds easily seperated and none of those nasty tiny immature ones , the bud still smokes very well and too good to bubble , left 30+ days past normal harvest its a killer smoke for a sat.

H

htownblowskush

dude are the seeds up fr auction? Id rather pay for them then try my chance at freebies unless I can request a certain freebie which I doubt. Bt amazing plant and please let me know how where and when I can obtain these. Grow it ez!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi htownblowskush , will be some packs of 15 up on the bay in a couple of weeks , reckon they are worth a low BIN and some freebies too.

Have some other crosses for freebies as have not grown them out yet and will apreciate any feedback.

This is one hell of a looker in real sunlight , this is colour perfect match on screen and it smokes like an exotic C99.

As a first simple cross this has been great fun and future seed production will be easy and reliable from the lessons learned.

Several freinds have grown them out and tell me they are great , but since i started them all in growing and they use mostly my plants i would like an unbiased view of their quality from some folk on icmag.

picture.php