What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Geisha

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
What a helpful comparison photo to distinguish how feeding doses will affect bud structure and yield... I especially like the look of the bud which got 0 dose... It's probably going to be the tastiest outta the three kholas....
I love your threads foomar, I hope they are as inspiring to others as they have have been to me....
You're pushing that breeder status brother, keep up the great work brethren!

JAH Bless

:rasta:

These are the tops of three clones of a potential keeper under SOG testing with different doses of pK13/14.
Bud shape is altered radically as is yield , see how it tastes with a short cure.

picture.php

picture.php

From the left , 25 - 10 - 0 mill dosage , serious foxtailing at high rate.

Finally after raiseing over one hundred males have found a fourth contender with good form and deep genetic colour to test.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are you going to rework the line with the (fat Blackberry x c99)x Geisha?

Freebie batch of these soon at the bay , some high yielding and well flavoured plants in the mix but the stems are mostly very weak and floppy which drives me insane in a tight packed room.

Will test this cute male on a well worked NL for a clearer indication of its stability and potential , and see if stress can force female flowers on it.

Heads Geisha is a truely great cross , some unique flavours and both sexes cross out well and stable with most of the flavours preserved.
Should it be available again i would grab a pack at least.

Have culled a few and now have four girls and four males to work with and the parents , the plant numbers involved are a bit daunting.

Keeper/elite grade plants are approx one in twenty as expected , would like to push it towards one in four if possible and practical but may be beyond my means to do properly.

Probability theory and detailed results from a resonable sample indicate the chance of finding one in a ten seed pack are remote , unfortunately seems to be the same for some well known crosses too.

Hi eugene , thats actually a usefull picture on a fresh look and shows the effect quite well with a zero dose control , might be worth posting in the growers forum as well for a five minute argument.

Find a low one off dose ups the yield a little and they seem to look a little better at harvest , never use it on proper test plants and doubt i will rebuy when it runs out.
Reckon the zero dose will be the best too.

Could never ever consider myself as a plant breeder in any way shape or form , all i have done here is get lucky twice with someone elses work and do what almost anyone else could have done with a little space and determination , serial pollen chucker at best .

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Left these to dry as whole colas for once , fair bag appeal but looks a little outdoor , touch over 30 gramme the four.

picture.php

picture.php

For some reason this male looks promiseing , twenty nodes at a metre tall , anything raspberry red at this stage is black later on and few males show it.
One of the most compact males found , stem smell is Geisha parental type and no thai traits are seen.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
I can't wait to start the Black Geisha freebies I received :D
But for now, 3 SweetGumbos will have to do ;) Cracked, just waiting for them to emerge..
Bravo foomar!

:rasta:

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fantastic

Fantastic

I can't praise this enough, a really inspiring thread/grow/breeding. Your hybrids are beautiful Foomar A+++++

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Project slowly drags on , this keeper is pretty much what i am looking for as the signature expression , has the most desirable traits of both parents and proven stable in repeat runs and under deliberate stress.
The colour is very accurate in this image taken in sunlight , the bright red colour persists and does not fade fast as most do and was grown in a hot room , winter grown is black and blood red , very Goth.

picture.php

Starting a test of this one with three seperate males independantly , one of four variations of this chosen expression that are very similar , will take a year to complete running twenty of each combination in the background to see if and where to go with this one , hopefully a much lower incidence of dominant thai genes in structure and more colour in some individual incrosses.

Various seed runs will be sent in as request freebies along the way and should get better as it goes.
Potency has not been mentioned much in this thread but has happily been maintained despite selecting for other traits , will have to keep an eye on this from now on.

By accurately documenting a decent number of plants from this cross , and by useing the same male with a wide variety of known clones , am starting to get a feel for whats going on and whats linked and how.

The few predicted expressions that do not appear to exist in reality are of particular interest , some desirable traits being mutually exclusive or not yet found in the first 250 , have dropped pot size even lower to increase throughput.

One tool that would really help is some method of determineing sex very early in veg at five nodes or less , thought one would be available by now as it was promised a decade ago based on florescence of stained extracted DNA sex markers in a handheld device for the hemp market.

Toyed with the idea of counting chromosomes but the process would be tediously slow if even possible , though i have capable optics for the job to hand .

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi CityKnightz , testing the first incross now and will be about two months till freebies if up to expectations , will send in some of the original cross as request freebies in a couple of weeks.

This compact minor expression ticks all the boxes apart from the lack of colour , heavy trichome coverage and 10/55 days from easy rooting clones compensate somewhat.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Grat3fulh3ad , you would notice the smell of Geisha on this one , that male has been good in several crosses and reliably adds that unique terpene mix.

At normal harvest there is some colour under the trichs , very few pure green plants found.

picture.php

Cardboard tube and some blutack gets a bit closer , mostly cloudy and still a headrush.

picture.php

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks hawaiiOG , freebies back in stock soon and statistically worth a shot .

The bodged up extension tube gives a pretty good image at no cost , pretty good trichs despite being given no nutes and loseing all fans to mites early in flower.

picture.php