What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Geisha

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another batch soon and more than enougth in two months time from a large seeding ready to go.
Pollen got used in a Geisha F2 server/freebie run and several other crosses and ran out before i got to the balckberries this time.

This one shows a little foxing at 55 days and minimal foliage , maybe a week to go so one of the faster ones to date.

picture.php

Individual stacked calyxes are turning red/purple and should be a stunner by the end , soft fruity smell and thin stems from the Geisha side representative of 25% approx of the female plants from seed.

picture.php

The C99 leaning phenos are more productive but these have more exotic flavours and mostly worth a second run at least.

G

hola foomar, have you notice seedling y veg fan leaf seration distinct for diferent phenos?

respect you share seeds thank you

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Asked for these as freebies. Missed the chance to buy some. Hopefully will get a shot at these.

Thanks Foomar. Keep on doing big things :)

G

never i want to see a day with blackberry only a memory. respect go foomar

G

foomar, have you noticed any correlation between the leaf serations and different phenotypes in the prognency you have already tested?

noorie

Hi, how can i get my hands on some of your beans, foomar ?

I'd really like to ´have a go with this strain.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the delay in posting here ,thought i had new posts flagged.

Hard to see the pheno in veg , week into flower and the taller ones are obvious and can be late trained if needed , colour starts to show from day 21 - 25 if it ever will.

The greenest ones often have the best flavours and a higher yield.

They are all a similar smoke to any other C99 but with a different set of flavours from the Geisha side , can smoke all day and still use power tools in safety.

Freebies and server fund packs in a couple of weeks.

This one coloured well and has a very pineapple smell in late flower.

This one is quite nice too with a good coating of trichs , thought this one would stay green to the end but just starting to colour a little at 35 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strike99

awesome trichome output... impressive :p what are your temps when the lights are out? would love to grow this out.... looks like it would be a fun one to watch develop :p
nice selection

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Strike99 , was very little selection here but good genetics and luck came good and they have exceeded my expectations in many ways.

Dark cycle temps are still high , around 60f , have found the colour is deepened slightly with colder temps but is genetic in origin and not temperature induced.

Later versions and incrosses based on a 200+ selection may produce a higher percentage of truely good plants with a little more luck and patience.

Eight common phenotypes all have their good points and not yet sure which way , if any , to go from here as its down to personal tastes.

Passed a hundred plants now and have seen no hermie traits expressed which was my biggest worry with this cross , the Geisha male is proveing rock solid and predictable in its other crosses and the blackberry has also proven its worth in Blackdoll freebies and a NL test.

Will send them in regular till people get bored with them , immense pleasure in seeing what others can do with my simple efforts and look forward to seeing some fine plants and BOTM nominees .

H

htownblowskush

BINS Listed its 6:37am good luck 5 left....

Im getting 2 packs for sure!

noorie

Where did you bought them ? Dam i really wanted some beans from this Black Geisha. I'm in Europe, how can i get some of this beans?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to anyone who failed to get a pack , thats a hundred packs of SF and mostly freebies gone out now and i thought that would be plenty.

Have been mostly pollen chucking this year while i have the chance and will narrow down future tests based on results , the BG will be available again in feb - march 2010 in quantity from a large batch along with the first incross useing a black male.

Some other freebies use the same female , others the same Geisha male from this cross , have several threads untidily dropped all over the forums and will get them into one.
The Blackberry traits are strong and nothing completely dominates them in several crosses with identical visual phenos across them.

This one has the damp velvet look of the original.

picture.php

Another green world.

picture.php

picture.php

This original C99 X Blackberry was a high yield and sweet smoke but lacked the intensity of colour and taste of the dwarf one i chose to use , crossing with a very dark male from the BG could be worthwhile.
Has been stable in hydro and borderline commercial on yield/cycle.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts