What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

Chappi

It's coming, it’s been consolidating for a while. Buy it under 10k. Under 9k if you get lucky. Hold for as long as possible 5years plus. The estimate is over 350k in the next 3-5 years.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Arse dropped out of zil. Neo never recovered. Even kmd looks battered. Good time to buy alts but with both India and China out of the bitcoin market place, I can't see bitcoin having a Rosie future from a 10k starting point. I'm fully expecting sub 7k btc again before Xmas.

St. Phatty

Bitcoin jhas become more and more popular as its price has been increasing. Some forecasts showed that it might reach more than $20k soon.

That might say more about human beings than it does about Bitcoin's value.

Human investors are like Geckoes, maybe related to why insects that can stay perfectly still, live longer.

The lizard eats the moving bug.

Human investors like to buy things that are going up.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
serious question.

has anyone "cashed" in on their bitcoin holdings?
if so, was it as easy as cashing in on stocks/bonds?

has anyone "cashed" in on some holdings and received hard cash in return?

-cap

St. Phatty

serious question.

-cap

the one Bitcoin dealer I know takes 1/2 hour to 1 hour for each transaction and pays out in cash or check.

Buying or selling stocks in the late 90's was probably easier. Then it was 5 minutes and you give them a check or they give you a check or mail you a check.

The margin/ commission for stocks was lower.

For Bitcoin it's about 10% - at the one dealer.

C

Capra ibex

serious question.

-cap

I personally don't know anyone who has 'cashed' out their Bitcoin but a relative of mine got pretty wealthy from it and bought a house and some other expensive goodies after 2017, so people can get it done if they have a large enough amount.

Apparently Bitcoin's hashrate is larger than the amount of grains of sand on the earth per second, so it's not going anywhere, unless some unforeseen mega event happens.

SuperMac

I'm trying to use bitcoin as a payment method for the first time but there's more to it than I realized...

Why does blockchain ask for a d.o.b.? Then after blockchain you have to register on another site to actually buy the bit coin? WTF? How does the vendor know the payment is from me? How secure is our personal information? It just seems like a lot of steps to go through and a lot of personal information to put out there for hackers.

Last edited:
C

Capra ibex

I'm trying to use bitcoin as a payment method for the first time but there's more to it than I realized...

Why does blockchain ask for a d.o.b.? Then after blockchain you have to register on another site to actually buy the bit coin? WTF? How does the vendor know the payment is from me? How secure is our personal information? It just seems like a lot of steps to go through and a lot of personal information to put out there for hackers.

Bitcoin is essentially unhackable. Theoretically possible, but a long shot, especially with current technology.
No one controls it, it is run by the users.
This is a good slow video explaining how it works, if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

Tax purposes is why they want your info. Your information is as safe as the site you trust it with. Using your own bitcoin wallet, instead of an online wallet, is much more secure and does not ask for dob.

Cash doesn't need a dob either. ;)

Bottom line, I don't recommend investing in something you don't understand. Even having a wallet on your PC is not safe, if your habits online are not safe.

SuperMac

Thanks D.C. Good points.

I'm more comfortable just using cash or even a credit card so I"m skipping bit coin.

In terms of bit coin value, what goes up, must come down :D

Hope all well!

MedFaced

serious question.

Using an exchange app like Coinbase would work exactly like Robinhood does for stocks. You cash out value and the dollar amount gets transferred to your checking account. If you have an account history and passed all their fraud prevention steps, it works in real time. If your account is brand new, cashing out can take weeks.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its easy to bet on it going down, well on binance it is. Just buy BEAR with USDT. Looking like a good buy since btc has recovered to over 10k again from its Xmas 7k range. A lot of smaller players will be stepping out due to real world events I think

C

Capra ibex

Its easy to bet on it going down, well on binance it is. Just buy BEAR with USDT. Looking like a good buy since btc has recovered to over 10k again from its Xmas 7k range. A lot of smaller players will be stepping out due to real world events I think

I think ethereum is going to start bubbling up and maybe get the uptrend going.... maybe....

Whether or not Bitcoin and crypto keep growing and growing to become everyday money for most people or not, i still think there will be some major up trends.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a funny time atm for bitcoin,,,im seeing a cup and handle being formed atm but I get the feeling it's about to dip after the good run we have had since new year

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Down to 5900 now, maybe time to sell the bears and start buying up bull. Not so much for the short term but to hold till autumn, maybe even year end now and wait for may madness to play out.

djav59

I can not even buy the shit BC tried several times in order to get seed stock from GB. I have never seen such a mess as almost everything online is now questionable .
Only one company that is GB based able to deliver the goods and its not any of the top advertisers on here.
Thanks RSC.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Create a binance account and download the app. You can pay with UK cards online. Accounts can sometimes vanish for 24 hours, but they seem to always come back lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts