What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

F

Frylock

You have to come back and announce when predictions are wrong too :biglaugh:

My prediction- Bitcoin will probably continue to rise over time but will also probably go down or sideways at some points along the way :biggrin:

Chappi

You have to come back and announce when predictions are wrong too :biglaugh:

My prediction- Bitcoin will probably continue to rise over time but will also probably go down or sideways at some points along the way :biggrin:

The fact that you think you “prediction” can’t be wrong just shows you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

We are in a bull market and obviously the market doesn't go straight up, part of what the market is involves volatility(up and down) but the overall trend is up. That is the prediction. If you were to come out and say that this is just a small rally and will eventually revert to a bear market then I could give you some respect but to sit here just run your mouth just to get some attention, honestly makes me laugh.

F

Frylock

Who says i think my prediction can't be wrong?? Sure it can....

And don't take it personally, i'm just teasing.... i'm glad i made you laugh, even if you are laughing AT me, instead of with me, it's fine.

It makes me laugh that you make a bunch of predictions but only come back to say 'told ya' when one is right, but i'm not trying run my mouth.... if you take it that way then idk what to say? Sorry?

You want me to use the technical terms to sound competent or something? Do you feel it makes you sound any more competent?
Because it just sounds like you have read a book about trading or paid for a course and want to sound like you know what you're doing to me.

You seem a little tense :huggg: :comfort:

Chappi

Not tense, you’re just not the first jackass trying to sound benevolent when in fact you’re just running your mouth. I’ve been trading for a while and I don’t know shit, but I sure as hell know more than you. To be fair it’s your right to say whatever you want, I just ain’t no nice guy or care to pretend to be one so don’t be surprised if I say things that hurt your feelings.

F

Frylock

Go for it homie.... i generally try to be benevolent but i'm not a saint.
If you think i was 'running my mouth' i think you were being over sensitive.... i would say it was more of sportful ribbing.
I hope we all do well from our crypto investments, yes you too chappi. :huggg:

Why would you want to hurt my feelings anyway? You think i'm trying to hurt yours?
Good luck with your TA and i'll enjoy not using any.... just my rudimentary dollar cost averaging :)

Chappi

So my TA tells me that above 10k we will see a major rally, possibly making new highs.

I found similarities to a prior bull run and crash that began mid 2013. First chart.

Second chart is the current chart.
Notice the similarities in how far it crashed at the .78% Fib on both charts.

Also and most importantly notice how once it recovered past the .50%(around 10,000BTC) Fib we rallied hard!

Lets see what happens!

2013 Chart
attachment.php

2019 Chart
attachment.php

What do my fellow TA traders think?
If you don’t believe or understand TA just keep it to yourself, thanks.:tiphat:

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Sometimes it's the ratios of various indices that is important.

Like, how much Dow can you get for one Bitcoin ?

Or, how much Ford stock (6% dividend yield) can you get for one Bitcoin ?

Taking care of arbitrage opportunities is how fortunes are made and built.

I think the stock market will be having a moment of honesty. If Bitcoin maintains its value, e.g. 10K, then Ford for maybe 2/3 of its present price (9.78) well sh-t, if Ford fell to 6.25 you could get 1600 Ford shares for one Bitcoin.

Normally if you sell an investment you get hit with the fvcking short or long term cap. gains tax.

Hopefully Bitcoin owners can be respected as simply having a currency that keeps its value, and not be taxed because their currency maintained its value relative to the US $.

Chappi

Well that was a nice bulltrap hahah

Looks like we’re going to retest the 6000 level on BTC and around 200 on ETH soon, this week next week sometime?

I’ll be looking to buy that dip.

F

Frylock

Hey Chappi, I really didn't mean to come off as running my mouth.... was just banter, but i know sarcasm is hard to express through basic text....

Anyway, do you watch a youtube channel called Ready Set Cyrpto?

It's a father and son (i think?) the father is more a pure trader and the son is a trader too but is more of the overall crypto enthusiast.... they have a trading course or some lessons, something like that but they also make videos with some AMA episodes.
I watch most episodes but not interested in the class, if you haven't seen it you may be interested.
I'm more interested in just keeping my eyes on signs of crypto adoption, things like that.

Have a good weekend. :)

F

Frylock

I think you are on the right path regarding Litecoin FWIW Chappi.

When it was at it's lowest ~$25 around Christmas, i was thinking Jesus, this 'feels' pretty darn cheap for Litecoin even if my confidence in everything apart from Bitcoin wasn't great.... i would always buy Litecoin to send to an exchange to trade for whatever and in the back of my mind i was thinking that maybe i shouldn't be sending the Litecoin anywhere but my Ledger.
I would have done a lot better than i have done since then, even though i am up quite a bit (just like everyone else) since that time.

Chappi

My thesis is that all major currencies have reached a temporary top and Litecoin was just the last one to do so. Timing takes a lot of patience but I think I will hit my buy target soon enough.

Chappi

Bitcoin just made a new high. Everything else made a lower-high. The question is will this be a bulltrap? Sometimes the market likes to just run without retesting previous levels. I gotta be patient and let the market sort things out.

Chappi

Looks like 10000 level is back. I need a pullback to btfd but market may not give me one, I hate chasing.

Chappi

Number one pre requisite to be a trader is patience. I will be looking for a retest of the 10k level and possibly will go lower to make a bear trap. May not go there ever, may crash again, may go to 5k who knows. Hoping it stops near 10k.

Buy targets are the green arrows
Near 10k
7800 worst case scenario, anything below that I’m not sure if I would risk it.

Let’s see if we hit any of these targets.

attachment.php

Last edited: