What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

igrowone

Veteran
there's video on youtube of a bear in New Jersey that walked erect all through a subdivision. the theory was that it had injured its front paws and resorted to shuffling about on its hind legs rather than use its front ones.
saw that, sad story in there
he could walk at a decent clip, not sure if he could run
this case is a written note and no video, not much hard evidence
I get the impression they saw something running in a manner that implied speed
unless there's some sort of corroboration, just an intriguing report

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
wow! bears don't run on 2 legs
could be an injured/deformed bear that can't use it's upper legs
I think that's unlikely, just listing possibilities
bigfoot sightings happen in upstate NY a quite a bit, good find!
yup alot of sighting in upstate my uncle friend had sighting last year out on a walk behind his property scared him so much was the first year he didnt go hunting in his 45 yrs of it said the thing was digging through old log looking for grubs. whitehall in the late 70s had good sightings check this vid out got good old clips from down in hudson valley area

igrowone

Veteran
fear is very common in these encounters
domesticated animals react strongly
your account of a bigfoot actually seen eating, that's not common
lots of accounts where a bigfoot seemingly carried off something edible
but the first time I've heard of an observer seeing a bigfoot actually eat(maybe)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yup alot of sighting in upstate my uncle friend had sighting last year out on a walk behind his property scared him so much was the first year he didnt go hunting in his 45 yrs of it said the thing was digging through old log looking for grubs. whitehall in the late 70s had good sightings check this vid out got good old clips from down in hudson valley area

but the first time I've heard of an observer seeing a bigfoot actually eat(maybe)
but still no pics?

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
pop this is the second time you replied in on my convo with growone the other time was in grucsh thread its getting old man really it is. im interested and curious bout the unkown and what could be my imagination runs but your negativity is draining. remember when i said we where cool well we aint plz dont reply to me anymore

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
well didnt say eating kinda a guess but why else would it be ripping through old dead decaying logs them things are filled with big white grubs packed with protein.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
pnw sas hotspot would love to visit ape canyon where them miners had bigfoot run in back in the day but when mt st helen popped her top changed the landscape. cool fact guy that didnt want to leave his property and passed when she erupted talked highly of bigfoot up on the hills
tumblr_oc9uupgnk81ve16u4o3_540.jpg

igrowone

Veteran
pnw sas hotspot would love to visit ape canyon where them miners had bigfoot run in back in the day but when mt st helen popped her top changed the landscape. cool fact guy that didnt want to leave his property and passed when she erupted talked highly of bigfoot up on the hills
View attachment 18995143
his name was Harry Truman, if I recall rightly
definitely a character, he would have had a prime bigfoot spotting ground

Tynehead Tom

I think people just need to open thier minds a little..... I thought weed helped with that..... what do I know eh? 🤣
But to counter a few comments I glossed thru in this thread.
1) Dietary needs of the sasquatch would be too great for a beast like it to survive..... the question I ask to counter that is..... if there isn't enough calories on the land to sustain a sasquatch..... how do bears survive? Assuming a 6 to 9 foot tall humanoid with a muscle mass and conditioning of a wild animal would weigh somewhere in the realms of a medium to large blackbear and probably have a very similar dietary intake being both are no doubt Omnivorous creatures. I think the land could very easily support not only a small number of Sasquatches but probably thousands given the vastness of unpopulated landscape across north america and especially Canada where I live.

2) No signs of dead sasquatches in the forest ie: skeletal remains of a deceased sasquatch from natural causes or other causes. Here is my counter to that..... Across North america range millions of bears, deer, elk and moose and every year thousands of them die by natural causes and while thier carcasses do get found while people are out recreating on the land..... most do not, they are consumed by nature surprisingly fast. On top of that, those millions of elk, moose and deer (all species) have one thing in common that is important to note. They all shed thier antlers every year and grow new ones every spring. So there should be antlers accumulating in the forest at a rate that would make them common discoveries by regular folks out recreating in the wilderness. Again some get found in fact some folks dedicate a lot of time and energy "shed hunting". By and large though these antlers are consumed by nature faster than they can accumulate on the land.
So assuming sasquatch numbers are by far lower than deer/moose/elk numbers and even bears , not finding skeletal remains doesn't surprise me one bit.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I think people just need to open thier minds a little..... I thought weed helped with that..... what do I know eh? 🤣
But to counter a few comments I glossed thru in this thread.
1) Dietary needs of the sasquatch would be too great for a beast like it to survive..... the question I ask to counter that is..... if there isn't enough calories on the land to sustain a sasquatch..... how do bears survive? Assuming a 6 to 9 foot tall humanoid with a muscle mass and conditioning of a wild animal would weigh somewhere in the realms of a medium to large blackbear and probably have a very similar dietary intake being both are no doubt Omnivorous creatures. I think the land could very easily support not only a small number of Sasquatches but probably thousands given the vastness of unpopulated landscape across north america and especially Canada where I live.

2) No signs of dead sasquatches in the forest ie: skeletal remains of a deceased sasquatch from natural causes or other causes. Here is my counter to that..... Across North america range millions of bears, deer, elk and moose and every year thousands of them die by natural causes and while thier carcasses do get found while people are out recreating on the land..... most do not, they are consumed by nature surprisingly fast. On top of that, those millions of elk, moose and deer (all species) have one thing in common that is important to note. They all shed thier antlers every year and grow new ones every spring. So there should be antlers accumulating in the forest at a rate that would make them common discoveries by regular folks out recreating in the wilderness. Again some get found in fact some folks dedicate a lot of time and energy "shed hunting". By and large though these antlers are consumed by nature faster than they can accumulate on the land.
So assuming sasquatch numbers are by far lower than deer/moose/elk numbers and even bears , not finding skeletal remains doesn't surprise me one bit.
all i ask for is some proof
there is a saying extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
but thats for you guys to decide
they have records of all creatures big and small, from the dawn of time to now, but no big foot remains? no game cam pictures showing a live or dead animal?
i would love more than anything to know that there were still wild things roaming the back country and oceans depths
but im not going to accept some fairy tales or camp fire stories as the truth without proof

Tynehead Tom

they have records of all creatures big and small, from the dawn of time to now, but no big foot remains? no game cam pictures showing a live or dead animal?
i would love more than anything to know that there were still wild things roaming the back country and oceans depths
but im not going to accept some fairy tales or camp fire stories as the truth without proof
I do feel the same..... desiring real scientific proof.
I scoff at the tv shows and bigfoot hunting series with the idiots running around the bush pretending to be "experts" LOL
There are stories out there that I feel are credible. I want people to think that my own story is credible but most will pass it off as less than it is. In my "sighting" I can only express what I saw with my 20/20 vision at the time. As an experienced hunter , familiar with all the animals I may encounter in the back country.... this one was not any of those animals. In such a random place on the road, no cell service that far up, no homes or buildings for kilometers..... kinda rules out a guy in a monkey suit..... so what did I see? The most reasonable explanation is a bigfoot but even I talk about it with some hesitation. To this day it creeps me out and does make me extra vigilant when I am out in the bush. I hunt some very remote country when I hunt blacktail deer, elk and moose and most of the time I am on my own, solo hunting. Add it to the reasons why I prefer to hunt from a treestand hehe

igrowone

Veteran
there's a number of view points out there, I'm looking at these sightings as paranormal
other sightings of different things may have some tie in with 'bigfoot' sightings
and there is some photographic evidence, it's been mentioned earlier
but a bigfoot corpse/remains? nah, and there may never be if this phenomena is paranormal, whatever that means

oldmaninbc

I scoff at the tv shows and bigfoot hunting series with the idiots running around the bush pretending to be "experts" LOL
There are stories out there that I feel are credible. I want people to think that my own story is credible but most will pass it off as less than it is. In my "sighting" I can only express what I saw with my 20/20 vision at the time. As an experienced hunter , familiar with all the animals I may encounter in the back country.... this one was not any of those animals. In such a random place on the road, no cell service that far up, no homes or buildings for kilometers..... kinda rules out a guy in a monkey suit..... so what did I see? The most reasonable explanation is a bigfoot but even I talk about it with some hesitation. To this day it creeps me out and does make me extra vigilant when I am out in the bush. I hunt some very remote country when I hunt blacktail deer, elk and moose and most of the time I am on my own, solo hunting. Add it to the reasons why I prefer to hunt from a treestand hehe
I worked as a park Interpreter at Sasquatch Provincial Park, in the Harrison Lake area I did a program on sasquatch, it only made sense. The Ruby Creek encounter 1941 was very famous in it's time. I did an interview with a fellow named John Green who had amassed an incredible database concerning sasquatch.

My program was never meant to convince anyone, only provide the information I gathered through research and interviews. I found it intriguing.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i appreciate you sharing your story man
i believe that you saw something and it was something out the the ordinary
but like you mentioned, with the popularity of the shows on tv you get a lot of nutters running around the woods
sometimes you just get a feeling when in the wild that lets you know something else is out there
usually its nothing, but its a weird feeling all the same

@oldmaninbc
that sounds like a sweet gig and i bet you had a lot of good information
i love hearing about local folklore and stories

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ya tynehead the tv shows are horrible i like stories from the old when it was wild man of woods before all the names. the natives tribes from old to now all have great stories to then eyewitness account from everyday decent people like this guy but them tv shows is a no

Latest posts

Latest posts