What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think in the wild a gorilla browses and eats a lot of plant
bears are the same way eating different food sources depending on the season and then there are pandas who live off bamboo
but to sustain a large animal like that takes a lot of biome

i like how the female bigfoot has hooters!
those are what a b or c cup there?!

igrowone

Veteran
i think in the wild a gorilla browses and eats a lot of plant
bears are the same way eating different food sources depending on the season and then there are pandas who live off bamboo
but to sustain a large animal like that takes a lot of biome

i like how the female bigfoot has hooters!
those are what a b or c cup there?!
yeah, the calorie requirements in a northern climate change the equation
I don't think there's much in the mammal department up there living on 50%+ leaves

igrowone

Veteran
yeah, the calorie requirements in a northern climate change the equation
I don't think there's much in the mammal department up there living on 50%+ leaves
I'll reply to myself on this calorie estimate
which is abit askew, likely true for mature green leaves which have lower nutrition
but deer/moose do get much calories in tree browsing
but that's including buds, twigs, bark which are richer
and they have their additional richer calorie sources
but the ape in question could be doing something similar
so I guess I've talked myself into a specialized primate might be able to go this route

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I think it's a hoax but I wonder if anyone has been to that exact area to look for prints, scats, fur (hair), any evidence?

I thought some of the stories posted have been a rattling good read. With all the cheap modern technology around (hello, trail cams!), why does this creature still remain elusive? Over here trail cams are used by National Parks, etc. We have a few creatures that are reported to exist ranging from yowies, big cats, the extinct Tasmanian Tiger (thylacine), but no proof of any of these either. There is still no evidence of any of these creatures existence worldwide.

I want to believe....

igrowone

Veteran
similar thoughts, might be in progress
just having someone pace the creature's route should show a lot
in the video I'm seeing the distance from camera to be near a mile?
so spotting someone in a camo suit can't be that easy
just saying that if this is a hoax, how much time was this guy spending running around out there?
he went out once and was spotted first time? I'm kind of skeptical of that

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we have game cams here in california and several animals thought to be extinct have been captured on film
ive seen pictures of the tasmanian tiger and a sighting of one of those would be cryptid gold
long thought to be extinct there are still photo documenting this fascinating animal and stuffed specimens and all unfortunately i think they were hunted to extinction just like the dodo
large cats are possible, but most likely an escaped exotic pet in the wild
/do you guys have cougars down under? what is the largest cat species in the wild
a yowie!? that is the stuff of legend as far as i know
there are great stories to be told like you said but those are just campfire stories at this point
but they often follow a common story line just like reports of ghost, ufos or other paranormal things
like you said man, the stories are fun but to really believe we need solid proof

Chi13

ICMag Donor
we have game cams here in california and several animals thought to be extinct have been captured on film
ive seen pictures of the tasmanian tiger and a sighting of one of those would be cryptid gold
long thought to be extinct there are still photo documenting this fascinating animal and stuffed specimens and all unfortunately i think they were hunted to extinction just like the dodo
/do you guys have cougars down under? what is the largest cat species in the wild
there are great stories to be told like you said but those are just campfire stories at this point
but they often follow a common story line just like reports of ghost, ufos or other paranormal things
like you said man, the stories are fun but to really believe we need solid proof
The existence of the Tasmanian Tiger is still plausible imo. Tasmania is a rugged place and they were only extinct I think from memory since the 1930s or so.
The largest cat we have are pet cats gone feral. However there have been plenty of alleged sightings of black panthers in various parts of the country.
Yowie is our version of bigfoot but we don't have many sightings.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
read on some good yowie stories some real old. sighting map
thumbnail.jpeg

C6tmGHMWoAAY9kJ.jpg

igrowone

Veteran
maybe not proof but there is evidence
evidence of what? that's not so easy
and UFOs are being grudgingly accepted as something
the ny times lead the way and their UFO story changed perceptions
are we seeing the same now?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
cool maps!
it seems like the sightings are clustered around the more populated parts of oz
???
or does yowies avoid the mulga?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
The existence of the Tasmanian Tiger is still plausible imo. Tasmania is a rugged place and they were only extinct I think from memory since the 1930s or so.
The largest cat we have are pet cats gone feral. However there have been plenty of alleged sightings of black panthers in various parts of the country.
Yowie is our version of bigfoot but we don't have many sightings.
i would like to believe there are still a few tasmanian tigers left in the wild too, living super elusive and in places people just dont go
/ i hear taz/aus has huge areas of wild lands that could support a whole variety of animals
i googled yowies and its a cool read with many similarities to the n.am sasquatch
/plus the name is kind of cool
thats part of the fun, almost every culture has stories of the hairy wild man who lives in the woods

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Seems there are a lot more yowie sightings than I thought! I've been in a few of those areas, most recently in the one immediately below. Very rugged country.

The thing about the Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine is the correct name) is that they are a very distinctive animal. They won't likely be mistaken for a dog or cat, so that makes me think some sightings are plausible. Tasmania is a fascinating place, like going back in time. You could walk 20 metres into the bush there and never be seen again.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Seems there are a lot more yowie sightings than I thought! I've been in a few of those areas, most recently in the one immediately below. Very rugged country.

The thing about the Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine is the correct name) is that they are a very distinctive animal. They won't likely be mistaken for a dog or cat, so that makes me think some sightings are plausible. Tasmania is a fascinating place, like going back in time. You could walk 20 metres into the bush there and never be seen again.
yeah man! its a cool animal no doubt and i my only wish that some are still some live somewhere wild
but from what i read it was the hand of man that f'd things up and they were pretty much hunted to extinction

i like being in wild country and the jima base camp looks rad!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
photo from florida woman 2000ish she was having fruit missing off her back porch and hearing whoomp noises at night she snapped this only photo on the 3rd night she contacted local authorities and asked if a orangutan was loose in the town
xl_1367b5-skunk-ape-featured.jpg

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
cool maps!
it seems like the sightings are clustered around the more populated parts of oz
???
or does yowies avoid the mulga?
ya mulga no good. its the same when i post side by side of sightings to maps of usa they like large green vegetation. pnw is a hot spot
images.jpeg
189veget.jpg

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran

ya alotta sighting down under think they might be trying t bring the thylacine back to life
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ompany-aims-to-resurrect-the-tasmanian-tiger/

RobFromTX

same species? mighty different environments
which kind of leads to many different large species all over the globe
hard to believe so many large primates are undiscovered
I don't have a good answer, neither does anyone else imho

A local in Durango already sold him out. Just some dude in a ghillie suit who walks around near the train tracks to excite the passengers and keep the stories going

Latest posts

Latest posts