What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BIG GROW! SOG

stoney419

Stoney,
I could really use some help. am thinking of doing sog, in soil right now, do you have any insight on sog soil grows ? I am about 2 pop 200 seeds and would like to grow these out and pull clones, to start, I would like to do 4x8 tables 1k on light movers per table 128 plants per table and hoping for 2lbs per light I have experiance growing and have a good start on equipment. co2 generator etc. I started a journal entry if you would like to check it out. I am moving on now and would really be interested to hear what your thoughts were and how you might go about doing this ? Thanks in advance
Journal entry is old grow but will give you a idea of what I have to work with.

I don't mess with soil but IMHO I don't think a 1000 is enough

No I didn't get busted I just felt some heat so I shut it down since then I have moved a few states up from where I had the grow at I'm in the midwest now freezeing my balls off
LMFAO...Sorry to read it dude. I'm from Ohio originally. Two words: Colorado, California.

^^^Just two words? I've got a few more than two to describe Colorado: DEA Raids, Romer, Sweetin, Massey, Suthers, 9news, 6 month waiting period for licenses from CDPHE, every tenth house has plants in the basement, Dispensaries buying @ $800/QP from vendors in the backdoor and selling it for $50-60 an 1/8th out the front door. Scene is blown out dude, stop advertising.

One Love 731

Veteran
^^^Just two words? I've got a few more than two to describe Colorado: DEA Raids, Romer, Sweetin, Massey, Suthers, 9news, 6 month waiting period for licenses from CDPHE, every tenth house has plants in the basement, Dispensaries buying @ $800/QP from vendors in the backdoor and selling it for $50-60 an 1/8th out the front door. Scene is blown out dude, stop advertising.

You could only be lucky enough to have a grower like Stoney in town, I was headed to Colorado this march up until recently, I don't need the bullshit. I may go to California, nowhere seems safe. I guess Ill get comfortable underground. Karma, One Love:ying:

Sorry, dude. I lived in Denver up until 2 yrs ago, had my own unfortunate encounters w/LEO, and I know the scene there has gone completely crazy. But I just got back (to NorCal) from Aspen. Got a buddy there who just got licensed for a dispensary. Different deal entirely. Rumor has it med-growers consistently ask for and usually get 4k-4400 per elbow for their time and expenses. Multiple dispensaries competing for supply at 3600 and up. So I think it might vary by location. But I don't live there, so can't verify that it ain't just Rocky Mtn oysters.

"Safe" is a loaded word. But surely you've heard the old axiom, "safety in numbers." And nowhere has bigger numbers, in terms of dispensaries and licensed med patients, than CA and CO right now. Well, maybe Oregon. But def not Michigan, at least not yet. (Personally, I'm pulling for Jersey!)

Herborizer

Veteran
Hey stoney419. Beautiful setup! Thank you for sharing this.

I have a question about SOG that I just can't seem to answer. Could you provide me the details of what to trim on which weeks for sea of green. I have read a ton and I have searched everywhere and I just can get a clean answer to this. I attached a picture of my first SOG attempt. This is a picture from yesterday. Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!!!

aussiemaraman

i used to veg about 90clones on mt x mt flood n drain table, once rooted and placed in bigger growdan cubes under a 400mh. As soon as the roots pushed through i'd pluck/top the clone 3"-4". Veg 18hrs for 2weeks, the high density created uniform size. The clones at this stage are about 2ft and looked average stretched/spindle due to the cramping and topping. But my friends when placed in the grow room with old rockwool tub system things developed. After one week settling in plant was very stocky and toughening up branches would be tied with string loop as per times on clockface allowing maximum light penetration. Now when branches grew upwards from loop i would give them another week before flushing and turning 11hrs, worked out to grow 10" up from tie down point, plant would grow 15"-20" in first two weeks of bloom then budtime. This meant a ten week cycle maximum yield allowing another crop thanks to the veg set up. Im back living the dream. New to posting so pull me up if im rambling.

Latest posts

Latest posts