What's new

BhT goes toe-to-toe with tea party fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Me: hm, they're for less taxation, civil liberties, and less government intrusion in our personal lives. Well shit that sounds pretty good.
My mother: you know that's an anti-Obama rally right?
Me: REALLY? *is stunned because Obama had already somewhat done two of those things on the list*

Sorry, normally I stay outta stuff like this, but um, which 2 would those be exactly?

1-Less taxation-Haven't seen any reduction of the tax code, if anything, it's gonna stay the same as it is now.
2-civil liberties-Seems to have carried on and expanded the loss of civil liberties that began under GWB and is in line to erode even more.
3-Less government-Hired 16,500 IRS agents just to enforce his health care plan, for starters, plus all the other jobs that go with that and has grown gov since he's been in office not reduced it.

igrowone

Veteran
well, here in NY we'll see your angry tea party, and raise it with the NY tea party governor candidate Paladino
angry doesn't do him justice, baseball bats and threats to 'take out' a reporter he had an issue with are just the start
add crazy to the mix, and you should have a good idea of him

Runner

That each person should contribute to the commons in proportion to his/her ability (the leftist view) is not the same as asking the rich to pay for everyone else's benefits (I don't know whose view).

It's yours and your fellow leftists view. You scream about it on every corner. It's what you mean by "social justice". Not sure why you want to play stupid but whatever. "Each should contribute according to his ability" is a totalitarian communist mantra best examplified by Soviet ultraviolent slave state. You either milk the cash cow (western leftism) or you kill it and establish a slave state (soviet type communism). Both agendas are fueled by greed and complete lack of respect for basic justice. The exact thing resident pro-19 lefties are blaming anti-19 growers for. Anti-19 growers just have their class interests a bit shifted due to their occupation.

I don't care to woo support from ignorant corporate shills

What an idiot. And how much crap do you buy from corporations every day? Canna? A fooking corporation guano for brains.

There is no "funding" for the Tea Party, bozo. It's not an organization. There is no leader. It's a spontaneous movement and people who oppose government intrusion into their lives have more in common with Tea Party people than anyone else.

Just like mind-numbed Democrats seem to think taxes is the answer to everything, a lot of mind-numbed Republicans thing prohibition works.

You want to have a discussion with a Tea Party person, don't go in there with a big chip on your shoulder and a bunch of smug superiority. You really expect to get a good response from people you are griefing?

There is precisely one argument. The harm caused by prohibition and the "War on Drugs" is much more extensive and corrosive to liberty than anything people who abuse drugs could ever cause.

"The War on Drugs" is used by corrupt politicians as another excuse to tax, spend, and control in ways that exceed the authority they were granted by the Constitution in Article 1, Section 8.

Perhaps if you had a brain that was able to process actual information, and understood the issues that concern you personally, you wouldn't be running about thinking you're cool by calling people "Teabaggers" and imagining "corporate conspiracy".

That shit is last millenium, dude. Pull your head out.

Hate is a severe understatement as to what the majority of the tea party members felt towards marijuana legalization...

You need to stop conflating Tea Party folks with Republicans. The vast majority of the Tea Party are Libertarians who wish to see prohibition repealed. We don't go in for big, intrusive government.

You fools don't seem to realize that the whole "medical marijuana" thing is self-destructive. Medical pot my arse, it's getting high. Some bright dork decides to get pot legalized by pretending it's medicine....smart folks don't like that and they feel like you're pulling one over.

You wan't to reach serious people, you have to speak to principle. At the very least, the Federal government has no authority to prohibit marijuana. Any such prohibitions belong to the individual states. Every Tea Party person will be receptive to that line of argument.

Government always employs doomsday fabricated horror scenarios like "Reefer Madness", "Global Warming", and "Acid Rain" to work the bedwetters into a frenzy getting them to vote for more government, less freedom, more taxes, less income.

The war on drugs is just that. Take that approach, you win. Keep on with the medical pot thing, you'll just get more people snickering in the long run, and win much later.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really, really, really wanting something to be what it isn't doesn't change what it actually is.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
You need to stop conflating Tea Party folks with Republicans. The vast majority of the Tea Party are Libertarians who wish to see prohibition repealed. We don't go in for big, intrusive government.

You fools don't seem to realize that the whole "medical marijuana" thing is self-destructive. Medical pot my arse, it's getting high. Some bright dork decides to get pot legalized by pretending it's medicine....smart folks don't like that and they feel like you're pulling one over.

You wan't to reach serious people, you have to speak to principle. At the very least, the Federal government has no authority to prohibit marijuana. Any such prohibitions belong to the individual states. Every Tea Party person will be receptive to that line of argument.

Government always employs doomsday fabricated horror scenarios like "Reefer Madness", "Global Warming", and "Acid Rain" to work the bedwetters into a frenzy getting them to vote for more government, less freedom, more taxes, less income.

The war on drugs is just that. Take that approach, you win. Keep on with the medical pot thing, you'll just get more people snickering in the long run, and win much later.

funny, thats not what prop 215 says. But i agree it has gotten out of control. And this is why prop. 19 if passes. will hopefully get people off the "sick" wagon, and on to real road to successes that are legal 100 percent.

And allow for 215 the compassionate caregivers act, do what it was meant. To be compassionate. care and give.

But with that said. Marijuana has been used for 1000's of years for many different types of medication. Much like an aspirin. Except you cant overdose on this one.. And its a hell of a lot more effective.

215 was a way to show, hey, look, marijuana is not as harmful as people think, if it caused schizophrenia, then why isnt half if California schizophrenic ( ok maybe we are LOL JK )

so yes and no i agree with you. I think if someone needs it for anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorder or any type of mental illness, which there seems to be a lot of anti depressants being prescribed now a days. Then its medicine.

SCF

come on get real alladin sane the ron paul started tea party is gone,
so far gone for so long i can't even begin to fathom how you can
continue to defend it.

It's basically single handedly funded by the Koch brothers, so get your
facts straight

And huge props to BHT for getting out and talking to these people, it's the
only way to make at least some kind of difference. Love that pic spent most
of my childhood summers rite there. Could've went to i-world to recruit some
help haha...

nevermind alladinsane didn't realize you were just another dirty troll

Last edited:

AriesXX

I'm not a Dem, or Repub, I think the party system is totally ridiculous and we need more independents or folks like Ron Paul.

Call me a conspiracy kook, but I think the Tea Party is being used to steer the elections to the Dems, just like Palin and McCain were used to steer the presidential election. These idiots are SO unelectable, that people choose the lesser of two evils. They know that people are going to vote Republican hoping for the change they failed to achieve with Obama. But really, this is like standing out in the rain, and changing from one pair of shoes to the other and back, hoping they'll somehow keep your head dry. Maybe it's time we vote independent, or 'none of the above'.

(Sorry if this is off-topic?)

But way to go BhT, I respect that you took the time to actually go do something for the cause instead of just typing about it!

sac beh

Lol, what? Apparently you haven't kept up with the research into the non-psychoactive cannabinoids. But wait, there's still so little research available because the plant, along with all the cannabinoids, are illegal. Before prancing around calling people fools, you should take a little anti-fool medicine yourself.

Go back in time and tell the ancient Chinese that they were idiots for using cannabis for its fibres and medicinal properties, and not just to get "high".

AriesXX

VAST MAJORITY?? BhT actually went to the rally and can share WHAT HE SAW, what are you basing your inept arguements on? He didn't go out there to act smug, he went to try to get a group of (supposedly) politically aware people to see the sense in legalization. If you weren't so inflamatory, you could have shown everyone here that you're not a bunch of fringe nut-jobs, but now I kind of think everything BhT saw must be true, based on your posts.

But with that said. Marijuana has been used for 1000's of years for many different types of medication.

I agree, but if pot had any general medical utility of the sort penicillin, etc. have it would already be in use. It is more a holistic remedy, and now we're back into the whole holistic thing which many people just snicker at.

The fundamental problem at hand is a large, intrusive government which thinks it knows better than we do how to live our lives. The secondary and more deadly problem is a Federal government that insists on imposing these one-size-fits-all solutions.

The Federal government has *no authority* to prohibit anyone's appetite. That's why alcohol prohibition was done the right way, employing a Constitutional amendment to give them that power. Which was ultimately rescinded.

This is the fundamental basis for any rational argument that's going to reach a large majority of the thinking people in America. Medical pot is not ever going to do that.

It just burns my hide to hear people call Constitutionalists "Teabaggers" and get all derogatory about folks everyone here should have a *whole lot* in common with. Our interests are precisely the same. Those Tea Party types who support tough federal drug laws just aren't fully coherent yet in their philosophy. Who can blame them, the schools have spent a century now indoctrination people to be government rubes. Change is slow.

come on get real alladin sane the ron paul started tea party is gone,

Ron Paul had nothing to do with the movement today that is being described as the Tea Party. This is not an organization, it has no leaders, it has no platform, it is purely spontaneous.

Obviously it could not contain so many people if it was partisan at all, there's too many people supporting it. It crosses all lines.

If you weren't so inflamatory

Call me a Teabagger, call me an extremist, and I get a bit inflamed. Did it ever occur to you that Tea Partyers also grow?

No...I guess it didn't.

When you start a thread saying you're going to go "toe-to-tow" with a bunch of "Teabaggers" who are a bunch of "extremists" it is you who have been inflammatory.

The author reaped what he sowed.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if this thread is going to move to straight politics then Im going to close it. If it can stay on the Politics of MJ I will leave it open.

you are belligerent..

You mean, as opposed to the person who characterized about 50% of the country as "Extremist Teabaggers"? It's a bit late to be looking for a measured, polite tone at this point.

There remains the fact that Conservatives do today, and always have, been champions of the extremely limited power of the Federal government.

Something that sounds to me like a notion we all here agree on. We don't need to government snooping around looking to jail us because of something harmless like pot. We all know prohibition itself causes more harm than whatever it is being prohibited.

You want remain a tool of the government, and let them pit you against your fellow man as if it was *me* who is causing your problem, rather than the government.

And then a big bunch of regular Americans who are for the very first time standing up to defy Fedzilla, to the great benefit of each and every one of us, and you denounce them. Stupid.

if this thread is going to move to straight politics then Im going to close it. If it can stay on the Politics of MJ I will leave it open.

The politics of MJ is straight politics. Perhaps you should have shut the thread down when it was nothing but bashing Tea Partiers. I don't think that has to do with MJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts