What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO w/TheNewGuy - 2012 Method -

dalilguy

I have used the omicron carts on a joyetech ego-c battery with goo results but the carts are a pain in the ass to load. Gotta have the funnel handy. I tried gentleman brand vape carts and they are total junk! I currently have "essential oiler" carts and I found out they are very similar to the

Kanger 510 stainless horizontal coil cartomizers.

Ordered some of the kanger which are like 6 bucks for a pack of 5 an sure as shit they are the same! All they are doing is removing the filler inside which is used for ecig juice.

So 6$ a pack of carts and 23$ on a ego-c 1000mah pass trough batt which you can charge with your standard USB cable :tiphat:

It works but like stated the taste is lacking after a bit. :joint:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL :laughing:, yeah... torch and a rig in public wouldn't mesh well. I can imagine what people would think if they saw me firing up my dry rig. Ya Heat the little glass lip and dab to that. This is about as portable as I get At The Moment.
View Image
View Image
View Image

They would probably think i was a junkie burning down some hard dope :D Funny thing is, most of the glass oil rigs we buy are beyond the budget of a dope fiend.

good to know. thanks for passing this info along. the $35 DIY e pen.... is that info located in the "omichron we've been duped" thread? i'de be interested in building one for that price. last vape i had, was a hot box that i bought on ebay for $35.... thing lasted 3 years, so i don't mind spending that much on something i might like. i can spare 35 to try it lol.

that oil burner is NICE... Ive never seen one like that, just the typical tweaker kind. how much was that?

V

veek

have some bubble shot
picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although, what you are thinking of will work well for bho.
Oh... I see, I think I understand how its used now... you heat up that lip then dab there?

and yeah, I have bought an oil burner before but no one wants to hit it because of the stigma associated to that type of pipe... I have an essential Vape vape2o attachment for my bubbler that I use now

V

veek

thank you so much for this epic thread, one of the best bho tuts i have seen ;)

Oh... I see, I think I understand how its used now... you heat up that lip then dab there?

and yeah, I have bought an oil burner before but no one wants to hit it because of the stigma associated to that type of pipe... I have an essential Vape vape2o attachment for my bubbler that I use now

yep, that's exactly how ya use it. this one is a lot thicker than those thin little tweeker pipes. It was only $30 so I've been stress testing it to see when it will break, nothing yet but it is glass. I'm sure a simple temperature shock could do it, but I'm not trying to induce a failure... just see where the line is under normal use. so far 3 dabs in a row is as many as I've attempted as far as heating and cooling goes.

I'de like one of those pen vapes just for when i visit the city. It would be much easier to puff one of those on the street with the press of the button. doesn't hurt that it looks like an e-cig :joint:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Great thread and pics. This may seem like a stupid question but what happens without the vacuum and whatnot step? I only JUST started looking into BHO, as an alternative to ISO as I have never had great results. Out here on the east coast, at least as far as I've ever known even hash is pretty rare, and bho seems to be like the new and exciting thing.
So yeah, mostly I just watched some youtube videos that seemed to leave out this step, and just scraped it off the pyrex, but certainly I trust the ICMAG people much more than anything on youtube. thanks

Great thread and pics. This may seem like a stupid question but what happens without the vacuum and whatnot step?
heat alone works well enough to produce rather clear piece of oil, but you run the risk of burning it. burning the oil will make it soft and gooey instead of hard like rock candy. it will still get u buzzed but the flavors are missing, it's hard to handle, & it could still have residual butane even though it was overheated. temperature control during vacuum allows the removal of moisture and butane without disturbing the flavor with overuse of heat.

made from buku and cherry nugs

attachment.php

Attachments

• shatter.jpg
    shatter.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Thanks for the reply NewGuy, the one time I attempted QWISO it didn't end up how I expected and stayed kind of a goopy tar vs anything else. Of course there's no heat involved or anything, but the stuff just never evaporated quite right (I don't think)

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
good thread here new guy ! , I didnt know that burning oil will make it runny ... me and my buddy were just discussing this topic......
going to try to make some bho tommorw m, without vac purge,... I use a honeybee,purex dish, hair dryer, sometimes I use steam from boiled H20,.... any tips, how do u know it ready ,? just hardly any bubbles????
TS

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
nice thread

nice thread

good thread here new guy ! , I didnt know that burning oil will make it runny ... me and my buddy were just discussing this topic......
going to try to make some bho tommorw m, without vac purge,... I use a honeybee,purex dish, hair dryer, sometimes I use steam from boiled H20,.... any tips, how do u know it ready ,? just hardly any bubbles????
TS

Nice oil! I have a tough time getting glass but I'm also washing in ethanol after the butane. I use the stove but I guess a vacation will be better. My oils always runny but I take temps to 150 to get out the ethanol. I do ounce batches of oil so its not a thin film.

Latest posts

Latest posts