What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

sneaky101

Just got through making a small batch of bills. I slightly altered the recipe based on other posts about oatmeal and lecithin. Only made 12 pills this time and used kif instead of bho. I used 1.54 grams of kif, 6ml of MCT oil, apprx 1/4-1/3 tsp lecithin and after making 4 caps of that mixture I mixed powdered oatmeal to a slightly moist consistency. Not sure of the amount of oatmeal though. And doing it this way makes it very difficult to pinpoint a dosage per pill. If all were equal they would be about 125mg each, but with 4 caps without oatmeal, I would guess that the ones with oatmeal are closer to 60-75mg. Gonna give them a try tomorrow at six flags. Figure I will take 6 of the oatmeal pills throuout the day. Will report back Sunday.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can I get a estimated guess on how many calories each pill has.

If you make extra large pills (size 00 or 000) made with mostly oil, you might get 10 Calories per pill. Smaller pills or ones with a solid filler like oatmeal would have less.

sneaky101

Back from six flags. Had a pretty good and the pills seemed to work. Now, I woke up Saturday morning sick, so I'm not sure how much that skewed the results...more testing needed.

Anyway, woke up and took one dab before leaving and then took a pill about an hour later after breakfast. Didn't really notice anything for a while and took 2 more after lunch. Those were pretty good. Really mellowed me out and sloooooowed me down. Wish I wasn't sick, the latter part of the day was miserable due to sinuses acting up. But the oatmeal flour addition to the mix stabilized the pills better than hoped. I figured at least one would have melted or something...hot as hell there. But when we got home and I looked at the remaining 3, they looked as good as when first filled.

Guess I will wait a week or so and try again once I'm better. But later this week I will give a couple away to get second opinions. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Until next time....

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
But the oatmeal flour addition to the mix stabilized the pills better than hoped. I figured at least one would have melted or something...hot as hell there. But when we got home and I looked at the remaining 3, they looked as good as when first filled.
Glad that worked for you. Not having to keep them cool can be a biiiiig plus. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Scrappy4

Veteran
I had a batch of caps "shrivel" up, maybe the freezer door got left open & they thawed out then refroze which made the gel-caps degrade ?

Is it totally necessary to freeze if the products used don't call for refrigeration ? ex: mct - coconut

Sometimes I get the same thing. I think it is from warm oil contracting in the caps when they get cold. I do store most of our caps in the fridge or freezer. I never heard of any time limit doing this. I store hash oil in syringes the same way. When we're on the move, for a few days or a week or two, we keep them in a pill bottle at room temps and have not had any issues yet.

I never seen it myself but I have heard it is possible for canna caps to get moldy. So I guess that is something to consider.....scrappy

PayJay

Hey everyone, this is my first post on IC. Just wanted to share my experience so far with this method and I will try and be thorough for the sake of discussion.

So as far as product I decided since this was a test run that I wouldn't use the top grade BHO. What I used was roughly 3 g of very dry remainder of some crumble BHO that was scraped from the Pyrex. It had been sitting out and additionally purging/curing(?) for 2 weeks or so before I scraped it.

I wanted to make brownies so I figured the oil ratio wasn't as important as in the capsule recipe but I used about a 2:1 ratio of coconut oil to BHO by weight since the coconut was solid. I melted the coconut oil first then dissolved the 3 grams slowly into it.

Then I went to meijer and bought a digital candy thermometer.

Came back, put the mason jar back on the heat in the oil bath and brought it up to around 240-265 (it was tough to regulate) for 35-40 min.

Now the strange thing is I didn't really see much bubbling happening. It only occurred for a short period of time and not that vigorous. Is it possibly that the was had already mostly decarbed?

Next step was melting more coco oil into the mixture to bring it up to the amount needed for the brownie recipe. Then I mixed it in the batter and cooked it at 235 F slowly increasing that to 145 over the course of an hour and a half.

I monitored the internal temp of the brownies during this time, they peaked I think 215-225 F.

After cooling I portioned out what should be 2 .1 doses (2 pieces of 30, cut the pan at 5x6).

I'm Creeping up on an hour in here. Unfortunately this project happened later at night so it was 1 am by the time I sampled and I've been dabbing hard today. So I'm trying to stay awake and gauge effects. So far only noticing a slight stonedishness overall (who knows I might still be high from normal intake) and the beginnings of a body buzz. I might take one more dose before I watch boardwalk empire.

I'll be back to let you know. And thanks to the author of this thread!

slowandeasy

Veteran
Measure temp of BHO inside jar....also the whole point of making pills is to avoid over heating BHO and to have exact dosages. I wouldn't waste time making brownies and overheating. Good luck

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Slowandeasy - thanks again for the heads up on this. Yesterday I made 32g of BHO into pills at a ratio of 1g bho to 4ml MTC oil. Made 48 pills and filled two 2oz bottles with eye droppers. Took two pills last night and I feel like a million bucks today, great nights sleep. Thanks slowandeasy, hope all is well.

slowandeasy

Veteran
You are welcome! I was just thinking how I need to make more. Keep me updated on what others think please. Take it easy!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Wife with a high tolerance took one and enjoyed her high. She said two would be too much. I took 2 again today and really like that dosage.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
When the caps are made with oatmeal like mine.... I keep them in a pill bottle, or other airtight container, on a shelf. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:
Blood Type Diet info says "O" Non-Secretors shouldn't eat oats or oatmeal.

Use a coffee grinder to "Finely" powder some leaf (no twigs) from your hash making process. Use that instead of oat flour and it also works great. :)

PayJay said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Came back, put the mason jar back on the heat in the oil bath and brought it up to around 240-265 (it was tough to regulate) for 35-40 min.

Now the strange thing is I didn't really see much bubbling happening. It only occurred for a short period of time and not that vigorous. Is it possibly that the was had already mostly decarbed?
[/FONT]
35-40 mins is too long. I've had fresh cannabis that didn't take a full 15 minutes at 250F. I would shoot for 220-230F with an unreliable temp and pull it when the larger bubbles stop.

The bubbling is an indication of the decarb processes. When the larger bubbles stop, it's time to pull it. If you want a sleepier, more narcotic like (can't stay awake) medication... definitely cook it longer until the tiny bubbles are almost done. Your batch will be sleepy from cooking it that long.

I've had hash/oil that decarbed in 5 minutes at 250F because the starting material was that much decarbed already through storage and age.

Hope that helps. :)

Keep it Clean! :D

UNREGISTRD

Slowandeasy - thanks again for the heads up on this. Yesterday I made 32g of BHO into pills at a ratio of 1g bho to 4ml MTC oil. Made 48 pills and filled two 2oz bottles with eye droppers. Took two pills last night and I feel like a million bucks today, great nights sleep. Thanks slowandeasy, hope all is well.

Did you just use bho and the mtc oil alone? Ima have to try this..Got lots of left over bho i wanna make edibles or something with...

Slowaneasy.. You still using the same recipe in the first post?

Bulldog420

Veteran
Did you just use bho and the mtc oil alone? Ima have to try this..Got lots of left over bho i wanna make edibles or something with...

I know Organicbuds, and yes, he just used BHO and mtc oil

slowandeasy

Veteran

I would try 8ml mct oil per gram,, you can always take more. Everybody is different, and it is easier to keep a stable temp. Just try to keep capsules filled about the same, to find the best dosage for you, it is better to start off light...it can be overwhelming to some. Let me know what you think

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blood Type Diet info says "O" Non-Secretors shouldn't eat oats or oatmeal.

Use a coffee grinder to "Finely" powder some leaf (no twigs) from your hash making process. Use that instead of oat flour and it also works great. :)

I used to use a coffee grinder. I discovered last year that a regular blender works faster. It works with leaves, trim, and buds. Just make sure it's 100% dry and sift the powder through a fine mesh strainer to catch the stems afterwards.

I don't know about the blood type diet, but I've always had digestive difficulties with oatmeal. Half a gram of oat flour in a capsule works fine, though. It's not enough to cause problems. I've used oat flour, wheat flour, and rice flour with no issues. Powdered post-extraction weed is still my favorite filler. :)

I've used different kinds of fats too. Coconut oil, olive oil, clarified butter, even bacon grease. They all work well if you do it right.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Just made a batch of 40 pills with 7 grams of dry ice sift and 30ml of MCT oil. I decarbed in a double boiler, outer oil was olive oil, inner (obviously) was MCT, heated to 240f, then started the clock on a 30 minute cook. Variance was 10f from 240f-250f for the duration of the 30 minutes.

Dosage works out to .175 grams per pill. I have a high tolerance and took 2 pills about 3 hours ago. Nice buzz, not strong though. My ideal dosage using this method would be about half a gram of dry sift per pill. I made this batch for someone else though, so this is perfect. One for a mild buzz, and two for something a little more.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Just made a batch of 40 pills with 7 grams of dry ice sift and 30ml of MCT oil. I decarbed in a double boiler, outer oil was olive oil, inner (obviously) was MCT, heated to 240f, then started the clock on a 30 minute cook. Variance was 10f from 240f-250f for the duration of the 30 minutes.

Dosage works out to .175 grams per pill. I have a high tolerance and took 2 pills about 3 hours ago. Nice buzz, not strong though. My ideal dosage using this method would be about half a gram of dry sift per pill. I made this batch for someone else though, so this is perfect. One for a mild buzz, and two for something a little more.

Cool! Dry sift is not as potent as BHO, so it requires more sift. Find the ratio that works best for you. Good luck"