What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

KiefSweat

Veteran
you can always use the same or similar type of solution in a dropper bottle

just need to warm up the coconut oil if it solidifies.

tahoequeen

I've been searching, mayB not as hard as I should, for info on how 2 make the BHO... I've done it b4...but I've always let the boys do it (awwww man...shoulda closer paid attention) & now I wanna do it myself but I don't know the exact 'parts' list.... anyone, anyone... help a sister out, please & thanx! xoxo

sneaky101

Hey Tahoe, check out okief.com or extraction experts for parts. Think there is everything needed there except butane and a collection dish.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey i didn't read the thread, so appologies if this link has already been provided, but i found it to be EXTREMELY well written and easy to follow, and the resulting hash pills have kept me well medicated for the last month or so.

it clearly explains decarboxylation, theory and practice, and uses soy lecithin, two tips for hash edibles i will never again go without.

actually i'll be making another batch tonight so i can continue to medicate in this way. I just dry sifted another two ounces of bud from last summer's cab grow.

these pills were made from maybe 5 or 6 grams of dry sift hash (not bho, i know, but the tutorial should be adaptable). one keeps me nicely medicated for at least 4 hours.

picture.php

anyway, here's the link (offsite): http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html#post9431861

there's also some interesting looking recipes in there... but sweets aren't my thing.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Glad those pills work for you. That thread has some good pics and info....but using 5 or 6 grams of hash to get 15 pills tells me that they are not very potent. My pills last way longer than 4 hours and I get WAY more pills than that out of 2grams vs 5-6 grams. I have a bunch of Dry Ice Hash, when I get a chance I will make some my way and her way. I will see which seems stronger. I am a firm believer in monitoring the temps of my liquid. Ovens vary in temps, if you are not monitoring the temps....you have no idea how hot the liquid is getting and for how long.

Time and Temps are the 2 key components of making potent edibles. If you under/over heat the material...it will lose potency. If you cook it too long or not enough, it will lose potency. If you can use a temp guage to monitor your material.....it works much better. Good luck

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

The only issue I have with this thread would be the ingredients.

All of the oils listed are not really good for you, considering the processing. My child who's 'O Secretor' blood type is the only one in my fam that can eat cocount.

Soy lecthin? You really don't want it in your food, let alone a 'medicinal' product for people with health issues. The process for making it results in a product that is not good for the body.

Seriously... if you're going to make pills for 'everyone'... stick with powdered oatmeal and olive oil. It's plenty sufficient and you won't be jacking people up without being aware of it. :D

Now.... all of you still eating processed food and eating every food you want.... Use any process you like. *shrug* Just be careful who you give them to and be sure they're aware of what's in it.

Anyone interested in the maximum health benefits... use the neutral stuff I mentioned. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

whodare

Veteran
The only issue I have with this thread would be the ingredients.

All of the oils listed are not really good for you, considering the processing. My child who's 'O Secretor' blood type is the only one in my fam that can eat cocount.

I'm sorry could you explain what blood type has to do with coconut oil?
Soy lecthin? You really don't want it in your food, let alone a 'medicinal' product for people with health issues. The process for making it results in a product that is not good for the body.

I think your confused, they use hexane to extract lecithin.

There are natural options though like mechanical extraction.

Seriously... if you're going to make pills for 'everyone'... stick with powdered oatmeal and olive oil. It's plenty sufficient and you won't be jacking people up without being aware of it. :D

Sorry I'm of the belief it's the consumers responsibility to know what they are putting in their body, I make all ingredients known. If someone won't tell you what the ingredients are don't buy it.

Now.... all of you still eating processed food and eating every food you want.... Use any process you like. *shrug* Just be careful who you give them to and be sure they're aware of what's in it.

Speaking for myself, I use organic, non-chemically extracted coconut oil. And unless you grow all your own food and eat it raw, all food is "processed"... Meaning processed food isn't bad for you, but the ones containing unhealthy ingredients are.

JRace

Oats are often proccessed in the same facility with wheat.
Therefore oatmeal can be very bad for celiacs or anyone with gluten issues.

People can be and are allergic to olive oil. So its out as well.

There are plenty of people who think your blood type dictates what you can and cant eat. And if you go by those rules NO ONE not even your daughter should be ingesting coconut oil.

http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/depictor5.pl?2

I make mine with MCT oil and corn starch. Every single person who takes one knows exactly whats in it. With .02ml MCT oil per pill it is a very low amount (1 -2 pills required for most users).

I had a batch of caps "shrivel" up, maybe the freezer door got left open & they thawed out then refroze which made the gel-caps degrade ?

Is it totally necessary to freeze if the products used don't call for refrigeration ? ex: mct - coconut

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm sorry could you explain what blood type has to do with coconut oil?

O blood type... non-secretor (a small percentage of the population), are the only blood type capable of properly processing coconut or coconut oil. The oil being the less healthy due to processing issues.

Umm, no. Hexane is not really that great of a solvent for food grade products, despite the FDA approving it. *shrug*
Yes.... it's widely used in the extraction of all but olive oil... hence the reason olive is always your best choice these days for cooking/other food-oil.

JRace

Can you show me cases? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Oats on there own (depending on what kind of oat) don' necessarily cause issues with Celiacs, however they are often processed (or grown) with wheat and other offending grains.
http://www.celiac.com/articles/22470/1/Should-Celiacs-Eat-Oats-Depends-on-the-Oat/Page1.html
Celiac.com 03/14/2011 - It is still a matter of controversy whether or not oats are safe for people with celiac disease. The general consensus at this point seems to be that pure oats are safe for most, but not all, people with celiac. Since oats can easily be contaminated with wheat during harvest, storage, or other stages of processing, it has been stressed that the oats be certified as pure. Although the classic 33-amino acid long oligopeptide that acts as the immunogenic stimulus in gliadin had not yet been found in oats, other peptides isolated from oats do activate T-cells isolated from celiac patients. A new study performed in Spain by Isabel Comino et al. suggests that it is not that some celiac patients can’t tolerate all oats, but rather that all celiac patients can’t tolerate some oats. Their results are reported in the January 2011 issue of GUT: An International Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.

another:
http://www.celiac.ca/Articles/PABoats.html

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Oats on there own (depending on what kind of oat) don' necessarily cause issues with Celiacs, however they are often processed (or grown) with wheat and other offending grains.
http://www.celiac.com/articles/22470/1/Should-Celiacs-Eat-Oats-Depends-on-the-Oat/Page1.html

another:
http://www.celiac.ca/Articles/PABoats.html

Much appreciated. Looks like those that have the issue would be well aware already.... and the tiny amount found in a canna-cap wouldn't be lethal. Possibly annoying and not wanting to be repeated... but not lethal.

:thank you: