What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO Pills

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to use dry sift with no oil at all. It worked surprizingly well, but I noticed I got better results with some oil added. The bioavailability of the dry pills seemed very different for different people, though. I had friends who said they felt nothing from my dry powder pills, even after eating a couple grams worth. They actually got high when they tried my pills with bud and coconut oil.

I take mine mostly for insomnia, so I need mostly indica based pills to help me get to sleep and stay asleep. I absolutely love my C99 pills, though. Those don't help me sleep; they just help me feel awesome all day long if I take one every 4 hours or so. I can't do that at work, but they have a way of making the weekends more enjoyable.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Really good idea HS! I have been doing dry ice hash lately, but have been too busy to make pills. Next time I make them, I will give the oatmeal trick a try! Hope all is well,
Slow and Easy

Thanks... been a lot of crappy situations but the fam is tight and happy. :D

Mmmmmm.... Dry Ice Hash.. :D Can't wait till harvest time again... been toooo long. :D

Stay Safe! :dance013:

slowandeasy

Veteran
I used to use dry sift with no oil at all. It worked surprizingly well, but I noticed I got better results with some oil added. The bioavailability of the dry pills seemed very different for different people, though. I had friends who said they felt nothing from my dry powder pills, even after eating a couple grams worth. They actually got high when they tried my pills with bud and coconut oil.

I take mine mostly for insomnia, so I need mostly indica based pills to help me get to sleep and stay asleep. I absolutely love my C99 pills, though. Those don't help me sleep; they just help me feel awesome all day long if I take one every 4 hours or so. I can't do that at work, but they have a way of making the weekends more enjoyable.

They work better because your body processes the oil better than just dry sift alone. Same thing with tincture. The body absorbs it faster. I would not just put dry sift in a pill, I like to decarb my material with liquid to maintain a constant temp. Temp vs time is key. Good luck

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They work better because your body processes the oil better than just dry sift alone. Same thing with tincture. The body absorbs it faster. I would not just put dry sift in a pill, I like to decarb my material with liquid to maintain a constant temp. Temp vs time is key. Good luck

I know tinctures and oil based pills are absorbed faster. This gives me an idea, though. I haven't made "dry" pills in a long time, but they do still work for me. I'm wondering if a pill with just pressed hash or kief would last longer because of the slower absorption rate. I'm trying to come up with a new method for time release capsules. It would be nice to have a pill that gets me moderately high and lasts all night.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I know tinctures and oil based pills are absorbed faster. This gives me an idea, though. I haven't made "dry" pills in a long time, but they do still work for me. I'm wondering if a pill with just pressed hash or kief would last longer because of the slower absorption rate. I'm trying to come up with a new method for time release capsules. It would be nice to have a pill that gets me moderately high and lasts all night.

Any method you choose needs to be consistent. Each batch can be different if you have different material, temps, timing, etc. Dry sift will take longer to absorb, and might not be as intense...but if you use oil, just fill the capsules half full or less. You can always take more, so just make smaller capsules and take as needed. It is better to not over do it anyhow. Either way, Temperatures and Time are the 2 most important factors. If you overheat the material, or take it too long, you are wasting material.

I am not sure how you are decarbing your material, but that is the most important part IMO. That is why I use oil, it keeps a stable temp. Good luck.

shakenstar

hi SaE,
i've got a question about the temperature. I can only control and check the temp from the hot oil bath. Is between the oil and MCT oil a temperature variation? So is it advisable, if you can only measure the oil temperature to increase to 260-270?

Thx

slowandeasy

Veteran
hi SaE,
i've got a question about the temperature. I can only control and check the temp from the hot oil bath. Is between the oil and MCT oil a temperature variation? So is it advisable, if you can only measure the oil temperature to increase to 260-270?

Thx

I just measure the MCT oil, in mason jar. I keep my jar tilted to one side and put my temp prob in the MCT liquid. Just use your temp probe inside the jar. Good luck

GIOUA

My meds... ok.. well I am out of all them except the larger 4 oz ones.. getting my caps today... made a small batch 100 the other day.. lasted me a week for 100 pills.. I think they need to be stronger but not sure what else to do using canna oil and adding 5g hash to about 20 pills not working as well I guess it's my tolerance?

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 9
  • meds.jpg
    meds.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13

slowandeasy

Veteran
My meds... ok.. well I am out of all them except the larger 4 oz ones.. getting my caps today... made a small batch 100 the other day.. lasted me a week for 100 pills.. I think they need to be stronger but not sure what else to do using canna oil and adding 5g hash to about 20 pills not working as well I guess it's my tolerance?

Are you keeping your temps and time right? What kind of oil are you using to mix with your hash? Coconut oil or MCT oil works best IMO. 5 grams of hash to 20 pills should work really well. Sounds like you are doing something wrong. What is in the jars in your picture? Give me some info on what you are using and doing and I will try to help figure out what is going wrong. Keep temps stable and keep your times right, that is very important.

shakenstar

Here are my pills. Extremely easy to make. And a very nice change compared to tinctures. A big advantage is of course the taste neutrality.
Next time I will take a smaller size of the pills, because I think the 00 are too large.
Thanks again to SaE for posting your recipe.

picture.php

slowandeasy

Veteran
Here are my pills. Extremely easy to make. And a very nice change compared to tinctures. A big advantage is of course the taste neutrality.
Next time I will take a smaller size of the pills, because I think the 00 are too large.
Thanks again to SaE for posting your recipe.

picture.php

I hope they work well for you!!!

GIOUA

Are you keeping your temps and time right? What kind of oil are you using to mix with your hash? Coconut oil or MCT oil works best IMO. 5 grams of hash to 20 pills should work really well. Sounds like you are doing something wrong. What is in the jars in your picture? Give me some info on what you are using and doing and I will try to help figure out what is going wrong. Keep temps stable and keep your times right, that is very important.

I have used coconut oil olive oil almond oil butter canaola oil... temps are not higher then 200 cook time no less then 4 hours up to 8 hours no dif in time.

The oil in that pic is 156g of shake-buds and 21g of keif and aprox 30 oz olive oil

cooked at 200 for 8 hours

I est that 115 pills =4 oz

slowandeasy

Veteran
I have used coconut oil olive oil almond oil butter canaola oil... temps are not higher then 200 cook time no less then 4 hours up to 8 hours no dif in time.

The oil in that pic is 156g of shake-buds and 21g of keif and aprox 30 oz olive oil

cooked at 200 for 8 hours

I est that 115 pills =4 oz

If you read my posts I do my pills at 250 f for 30-40 min. That is the main reason why I double boil using vegetable oil instead of water....to get the MCT oil or Coconut oil up to 250f inside the jar. I use a probe to monitor the temps inside the jar.

No need to go 4 to 8 hours if you up your temps a bit. Temps vs time....I do not have 4-8 hours to make pills and If you monitor your temps and stir often your pills will turn out better. When you go for hours you take the risk of over heating. Next time up your temps to 250f and try 30 to 40 min. let me know what you think...good luck!!!!

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Awesome thread, just finished reading the last couple of pages, and will be making a batch tonight.
I have about 20g of bho that I extracted into grain alcohol which won't whip into budder that I plan to use. I have made hash capsules using BadKittieSmiles recipe with great success. I still have the oils from that recipe that I would like to use rather than find mct oil. I used coconut, almond, avocado, and castor oil (just a few drops for obvious reasons...), as well as soy lecithin. Would I be better off finding the mct oil?
Thanks!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Awesome thread, just finished reading the last couple of pages, and will be making a batch tonight.
I have about 20g of bho that I extracted into grain alcohol which won't whip into budder that I plan to use. I have made hash capsules using BadKittieSmiles recipe with great success. I still have the oils from that recipe that I would like to use rather than find mct oil. I used coconut, almond, avocado, and castor oil (just a few drops for obvious reasons...), as well as soy lecithin. Would I be better off finding the mct oil?
Thanks!

Quality coconut oil is 60% or so MCT already. I'd use what you have.

Do you have a link to her recipe?

Arminius

Veteran

Thanks Anti!
She has a thread in this forum, should still be on the first page or two. I found her on another site, but was pleasantly surprised to find her here also. She has some amazing recipes, and breaks it all down scientifically. Everything from candy, pizza, cocktails, tinctures, and even an Australian meat pie! Not sure if she has posted them all on this site, but if not I can pm you the other site.

Arminius

Veteran

If she hasn't...I would like a quick pm also please :tiphat:
It looks like the majority of her recipes are on the other site unfortunately. I will send you each a pm after I post this. I would post the link, but some sites are sensitive to competing sites...

Latest posts

Latest posts