What's new

Better Than Kush? Can It Be?

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
chron conoiseur, we are on the same page pretty much. a lot of people on the east coast will call haze piff, but piff generally refers to purple haze or potent purple weed. that's why they are kind of the same thing. you are also right about where the slang was derived. if you know who styles p is, he always talks about diesel, haze, and piff.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
norcalikush said:
NEVEL HAZE???? NEVER HEARD OF IT........... I WILL BET OG WILL BLOW IT OUT THE WATER...

Probably the most famous and trippiest of all the Sativas, comparing it to a good Indica is like comparing motorbikes to cars, so different there is no valid comparison.

lucky_13

haze or sativa doms over kush anyday. its all just opinions you can look at it this way most of the beer drinkers in the world prefer budwieser that does not make it "the best" as there is no "best" just best sellers. i think people just like to say kush its a very marketable name and people buy into that hype to have the latest and greatest. what ever works for you is whats "best" my take in on the kushs are great smell & taste. average potency and shit yeild.

I like Kush because of its consistancy...it always knocks me down....I take 2 hits and can walk away and not want anymore....I would love to try some Diesel haze or some Haze Hybrids....tell me more about these sativas and i'll deff get the seeds

Lucky 13 are you sure it was straight Kush the actual strain..not a cross or anything

G

gratefuldawg

lucky_13 said:
haze or sativa doms over kush anyday. its all just opinions you can look at it this way most of the beer drinkers in the world prefer budwieser that does not make it "the best" as there is no "best" just best sellers. i think people just like to say kush its a very marketable name and people buy into that hype to have the latest and greatest. what ever works for you is whats "best" my take in on the kushs are great smell & taste. average potency and shit yeild.

Agreed. I do love me some bubba kush, but the SFV I had was the last one out of the jars to be empty.

Can't set this post in stone, cause there's still some kush's I want to grow out or try.

Funny how any thread with the word 'Kush' in it is automatically gonna get several pages of posts.

There are killer phenotypes of strains from all regions and genetic backgrounds. Kushes and Afghans have been two of the most thoroughly explored and selected from due to their being easily adapted to indoors environments.

Those rare Kush clones tend to be rather dank though... :yummy:

Yeah they are dank...im really going to look into the sativas...one with no paranoia...i've always wanted to try em but people say the high is the Indicas because it took sativas to get indicas? something like that

G

raskel that affie kush has to be the real deal, but if its not who cares , that shit is dank no doubt. kush is just a name , those pics tell the real story.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
quote from post 43
The whole socal scene is beyond stupid. Its all bullshit, hype, and ignorance.

thats a pretty broad statement

koalaponics

Heck yea it's the super silver haze, man. I don't know what the kush trip is completely but check this out. A friend of mine had the sickest, stick-together pound of super silver and these kids were up from san diego looking for kush and they just don't know what to make of it. . . I swear they passed on it while everyone around is tripping balls from one toke. Whaddyagunnado. Quote of the year "hmm well what could we call it? Wacky Kush? hmmm"

Personally I think that kush is great and all it's a market thing. But there are many that are better and indica highs are not as varied as sativas.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
koalaponics said:
Heck yea it's the super silver haze, man. I don't know what the kush trip is completely but check this out. A friend of mine had the sickest, stick-together pound of super silver and these kids were up from san diego looking for kush and they just don't know what to make of it. . . I swear they passed on it while everyone around is tripping balls from one toke. Whaddyagunnado. Quote of the year "hmm well what could we call it? Wacky Kush? hmmm"

Personally I think that kush is great and all it's a market thing. But there are many that are better and indica highs are not as varied as sativas.

I think you have it in a nutshell there. I was not aware of this "Street Vibe" for Kush, but I am not surprised.

Funnily enough I am just off the phone to one of my old growing mates..... he has decent crop trials going on and has found a new [indoor] winner ..... Kush !!! This one is a yielder as well as "ticking all the other boxes" .... I will post up some piccies this Spring to tickle yer tastebuds.

I told you man....each time its a consistant ****ed up high always has me taking 2 hits in a pipe or joint and im holding the joint or pipe staring off watching The Sopranos or at a wall

But I do believe though that the hype of the Kush is overrated and are better strains out there

Chamez

I agree with all the hype. The last 6 months, of the top 5 buds ive smoked 3 have been kush varieties. I had Blueberry, Skunk, and OG kush which all were phenominal. OG was the most potent bud I have ever smoked, and the blueberry kush was close to the best tasting. I got a few ounces of the skunk kush which i gave to a few friends and had people calling me a month after I got rid of it asking if I could get them any more.

Comparing Kush to Sativa hydrids that I have smoked, sour diesel was just as good. Probably had a stronger taste, but just the same knock your ass off after two rips high. It wasnt stronger than the OG, but in the same category.

Taste wise I would much rather see a thai or real sweet sativa over a pure kush any day. Personally, Juicy Fruit was probably the best tasting bud I have ever smoked, with Grapefruit being close behind.

In the end its all a matter of preference, kush vs other elite strains is like asking "do i want to drive the ferrari tonight or the bently" there is no wrong choice.

*On another side note, I wrote this after a bowl of some haze, and I dont think if that bowl had been kush I could have written this.*

lucky_13

chron conoiseur said:
na man pif is a slang term that i think comes from the NY/NJ area. its like a street term to describe really high quality herb, like headstash quality. a lot of people would use the term "headies" instead, or something else. whenever i've heard people from NY/NJ talk about Piff they always talk about haze. it's like Piff and Haze are the same thing

from what ive seen pif = some commercial hazey type strain thats under developed and not flushed. its sold amongst the hip-hop listening people for $30 a gram or so. im sure some idiot will write a rap song about it soon enough. i wouldnt pay $10 a gram for any of the "pif" ive seen. it probably is a term like "cronic" used to sell weed. but all of it have seen has also been hazy.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
It makes me laugh how many people here do not seem to bother reading all the replies before hitting Reply.......

To compare Kush to Sativa is like comparing a 1972 Ferrari Daytona to any single seat racecar.........Zeppelins to F-16's, Saturn to Jupiter.

The Point is....... "Kush" has become a totally overused slang term for strong weed, do pay attention Bond.

mrgrowman

guess I'll put my two cent's in.....

Iv'e grown and smoked the og kush (the real deal) for a couple years, and while it is an incredible strain with a nice (strong) instant high it does get old after a while and so I'll smoke other such buds. The flavor is amazing , but there are so many other amazing flavors and high's out there why settle on just one.

Each strain has it's own special traits,no one plant will ever be "the best".........
just my opinion.

Peace
Mr.Growman

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ChaosCatalunya said:
It makes me laugh how many people here do not seem to bother reading all the replies before hitting Reply.......

To compare Kush to Sativa is like comparing a 1972 Ferrari Daytona to any single seat racecar.........Zeppelins to F-16's, Saturn to Jupiter.

The Point is....... "Kush" has become a totally overused slang term for strong weed, do pay attention Bond.

:yeahthats :D

T

tex1969

sourbubble bx3

sourbubble bx3

I have not had the chance to smoke on the og kush or bubba kush other than crosses. I have to ask you that have smoked both, how do they compare to sourbubble? The crosses I smoked had very nice taste lemony smell that passed over into the smooth smoke, wich had a very nice high. The sourbubble on the other hand, has a sharper smell and the smoke is like you inhaled black pepper you are going to cough. When my friend take a hit of the sourbubble most of them have that same suprised look on there face after a hit, followed by damn and after a couple of minutes -hey where did you get that? This shit is strong, if I had a mark set to say what is a good indica I want to say this is it and ogr and other kush promoters, can you tell me that og beats sourbubble. I would love for you to say yes because it would give me something to look forward to :rasta:

here is the sourbubble I have been smoking on
2390085000051-med_1_.jpg

2390085000101-med_1_.jpg

ogxbubba cross
2390085000091-med_1_.jpg

239008500011-med_1_.jpg

F

flying

tex1969, very nice SourBubble pictures :)

I had the chance to grow both

to be honest the high of the Sourbubble (BX3) I grew was superior than Bubba Kush one ... but the taste of the Bubba Kush is unique, very very good . I enjoy it a lot ....

to answer "Better Than Kush? Can It Be?" of course yes , there is no BEST strain , but PREFERRED strain , each person reacts different regarding strains