What's new

Better Than Kush? Can It Be?

Red Reign

Apollo 11 and Killer Queen are as good as the top Kushes, IMO. I haven't bought seeds in years, but these were strains that were readily available. I'm sure there has to be seeds available today that are of similar quality.

Is Kush hyped up? Definitely. Is it good Smoke? Definitely.

Maybe I haven't smoked the right 'Kush', but until somebody breeds something that hits as hard as good honey oil, it's 'just' real good weed to me. I'm neither a Kush 'hater' or 'celebrater', I just like growing/smoking 'the kind'.
:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

Hell, 10 years ago I was smoking brick weed.
:muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha:

D

Dalaihempy

ograskal said:
Nothings Better than OG KUSH!!! :muahaha: :muahaha: :muahaha: ....~ogr

ograskal i posted you come in wth that not cool.

Now honestly man how can any one take you serouse when you post something like that.

You have every right to belive say wat you like but so does every one even me.

By the way way org golden thia was also called golden budda the real golden thia infact is choc thia as you guys call it choc thia as its called in the us gets that name from the taste look smell as it drys/ cures a lot of thias did have that taste look smell but there was infact a thia strain called golden budda in thialand a mate would get it from a local every time he went there for work in the 80s he would go many times a year and the golden budda was sed to be the best thia offerd at that time i had it grew it but lots of thia was good some not as good.

I wounder how many infact know what real kush is or how diffrent each pure kush line is from one kush valley to the next but even the ones that do will not say kush is the very best.

BubbleFunk i didnt post to do that or couse drama but honestly this posts title is one for the books lol.

Joe A. Grower

fumancu said:
I dont get it?

You must not be from Cali, then. ;-)

To understand this ridiculous thread and the zillion cali "kush" threads just like it, you have to grok cali stoner snobbery/stupidity. Every stoner in socal thinks he's a pot expert, but it is all 100% street bullshit. Hardly any of them really know the first thing about mj, other than how to smoke it.

For the last few years all things "kush" have been the rage. I honestly don't believe for a second that any of the cali "kush" strains are actually true kush (pure indica from the Hindu Kush mountain region). I've smoked socal OG Kush, which was the "kush" that started all the hype. I would guess it was an indica/sativa hybrid of some sort. It didn't have the heavy stone and strong, "dark" flavor I associate with pure indicas. It was very good pot, but I've grown other strains that were just as good.

Basically in socal, any really good pot is "kush." If you are a socal dealer, and want to get an extra $10-$40 per eighth, you call your shit "kush." It may just be some Ak47 x Afghani your pal "bred" when one of his girls threw a hermie and pollinated the growroom. If the cross came out good, and made solid weed, well, then, it is "kush." As in, "dude, you gotta try out this new Oompaloompa Kush, its like the bomb ****in' chron."

The whole socal scene is beyond stupid. Its all bullshit, hype, and ignorance.

G

Joe A. Grower said:
You must not be from Cali, then. ;-)

To understand this ridiculous thread and the zillion cali "kush" threads just like it, you have to grok cali stoner snobbery/stupidity. Every stoner in socal thinks he's a pot expert, but it is all 100% street bullshit. Hardly any of them really know the first thing about mj, other than how to smoke it.

For the last few years all things "kush" have been the rage. I honestly don't believe for a second that any of the cali "kush" strains are actually true kush (pure indica from the Hindu Kush mountain region). I've smoked socal OG Kush, which was the "kush" that started all the hype. I would guess it was an indica/sativa hybrid of some sort. It didn't have the heavy stone and strong, "dark" flavor I associate with pure indicas. It was very good pot, but I've grown other strains that were just as good.

Basically in socal, any really good pot is "kush." If you are a socal dealer, and want to get an extra $10-$40 per eighth, you call your shit "kush." It may just be some Ak47 x Afghani your pal "bred" when one of his girls threw a hermie and pollinated the growroom. If the cross came out good, and made solid weed, well, then, it is "kush." As in, "dude, you gotta try out this new Oompaloompa Kush, its like the bomb ****in' chron."

The whole socal scene is beyond stupid. Its all bullshit, hype, and ignorance.

Like I said in another post.............whatever the hype of the day is.........well, that's what the dealer is gonna "call it."

Nothing you can do about this but consider it a milestone in your life.............it's the day you realize that the "kush" , and the " blueberry", and the "grapefruit" you were getting from your (ahem) "boy" are absolute Schwag!!!!!

YUP.....that's the day you smoke a real kush/berry/etcc////etccc/////

seen,
BF

:rasta:

Last edited:
G

You guys should see what they call Chronic on the streets of socal. What did they do to that stuff, spray it with perfume. Yuuuuuk, nasty.

ograskal

Veteran
Yeah Man, Most of the "Kush" you get on the Streets here in Cali is Average at best...Most of the Dealers just label it Kush to boost their Sales....You have to have the Right Connections to get the Real Dank Kushes.....OG Kush is Definately a HYbrid but there are some REAL KUSHES here in Cali.....People just ASSume that there arent....FOr Example, SoCal MasterKush, and AfghaniKush are Pure Kushes in My OPINION....The L.A. Pure may be as well but I havent grown her out yet...The Pre-98 bubba may also be a REAL KUSH but i havent grown her out yet Either.....CHeck these pics and tell me if you think these are REAL KUSHES or Not?!?!?!?!!?...~ogr

SoCal MasterKush:

Afghani Kush:

G

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ograskal again.

for the love of god..............

BF

ograskal

Veteran
A few Strains that I think are up there with the Cali Kushes are the Schrom, Giesel, CHemD, PurpleUrkle, and Properly Grown 75+ day ECSD....The CAli Kushes Arent THe END ALL....But they Are Top Shelf Smoke in My Opinion....I'm constantly searching for Top of the Line Genetics and The "HOLY GRAIL" ...So far its the OG KUSH I'm holdin that DOes it for me....~ogr

C

cephas333

I must say that Kush is some dank shit. Whenever I would light it up with friends during sports events on PPV...boxing, ufc...or just watching football, everybody seems to wanna get up and go outside to get some air...lol....but I must say, as I have said in other forums, Endless Sky is the top dog!!...Ive had both strains and the ES is Incredible..It's too potent....trust me, I'm not trying to give the Breeder a plug, he charges too damn much..get some f2's if you can and you'll see what I mean.

Guest423

Veteran
i'd never doubt bubba being a real kush i know that much.

there's alot of nice strains out there.....the kushes are just some of them...you might think they are the best and someone else might not think they are.

cannakid

a good creamy Granddady Purple is the best of my garden, ill say the OG kush iv payed as mush as 65 buck an 1/8 with or without tax from a medical dispensery was some of the best next to Romulan but i havent grown it. ive read that its got a low yeald and growth vigor but its potent as all hell, not a comercal keeper. now GDP i beleave -also read up about it being the product of purple urkle a low yealder, and bigbud might have been to boost the yeald and keep the indica dominence. i dunno about the hype from kush or purps on the street cause i have a sorce for good strains, and ive found a little slice of heaven in GDP. the real stuff is creamy and grap flavored, a pounding body high is my discription of its effect and its taists really creamy with a bit of grapes or lavender in it. my plants are in 15 gal pot under a 600w sodium bulb, still a squat plant bushy and one that needs eather the vegg time or the numbers like Sea of Green. but the internode space is minimal, its also lanky sort of when it streches like it gets top heavy (only from one experience though) ive only flowered that strain once.

i bet OG kush would be great if vegged to 3-4 ft tall then but in full sun early may, but i cant find it. my source has mostly comercal+quality genetics, this year he pulled a lb a plant off his Purple Kush in 30gal bags. i got some of that going, the bud smells alot like grapefuit though so i dont know if its real deal PK. then again some growers, a choice few have seeds of this shit so some strains that pop up, so called 'elite, clone only strians' could be like a diferent pheno or geno type. i dont know much about that, i read up on cloneing and how to keep the cycles going and also the four strains ive got thus far.

Last edited:
G

Time2Unite said:
i'd never doubt bubba being a real kush i know that much.

there's alot of nice strains out there.....the kushes are just some of them...you might think they are the best and someone else might not think they are.

yah....bubba is def a kush...........that taste is unforgetable....................

BF

ctg

Veteran
re:

re:

hempy is pissed because he has never had real kush...hehehehe
how can ya talk about something ya have never seen or smoked? lol

had to do it folks...hehehhe

I been telling him for years that og kush beats just about everything under the sun/artificial sun.
killer herbs for sure...
-ctg-

D

Dalaihempy

ctg said:
hempy is pissed because he has never had real kush...hehehehe
how can ya talk about something ya have never seen or smoked? lol

had to do it folks...hehehhe

I been telling him for years that og kush beats just about everything under the sun/artificial sun.
killer herbs for sure...
-ctg-

hiya cg only thing im pist at is the hype and bull shit thats part of the cali kush wank-fest mate thort you would know that by now about me made it clear in cw cg.

I know what it smokes like from my friends have chanells if i wont it why would i want to grow it if i have better and i do.

Do you rember the less that positive smoke and grow reports on just bubba in cw cg ? i sure do what was it a 20 minet affect lol.

heres a post from you from cw cg.

ctg said:
Roz,
The bubba wasn't the only reason...hehehe
There are many that have brought me to the point of not wanting the G any longer.
Is some killer stuff to be had out in canna land!

I have to tell ya though the bubba end product blows the G out of the water...
Not quite as potent but is more of a fun type high.. The G just puts me to sleep. the taste on the bubba is one if not the finest out there bar none! I was one of the people who thought Oregonkid was full of shit, I have more then eaten my words..heheheh
THANKS OregonKid wherever you are!hehehe

We need to get ya some pure bubba roz, if those seed from our friend don't work out for ya! I doubt you will have trouble finding a killer mum out of them though!

Stay safe and all those in search or in possession of the G enjoy them...
-ctg-

So wat your smokeing cg is in reality kush x bubble gum lol.

Ogerskush & bubba kush...& now the Dog Mother Of OGERS KUSH...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=57090#post57090
08-27-2004, 06:22 PM
ORGNKID said:
Ok...lets get started...the Ogerskush is a very strong plant it has a great high and a awasome taste of pine and lemons...it also has to different highs in in depending on flowering..You can get a very upitty high with a 50 day finish ...and a cough lock with a 60-65 day finish...what a difference...It takes me to another world i have been smoke 20 years now...And i Miss the old skunk balls that tasted like skunk...I am willing to trade or buy a clone!!!!!!!there were and have been so many good strain...and Ogers kush is one of those I hope to never lose...And to get to the Bubba..kush AKA Purple Kush X bubble Gum....Is also a winner in my book so sweet tasting but a good high thats just a smile all day...Bubba is a alday smoke 4 me and og just seems to lay me out to the cough ...Bubba has strong smell to it thats very appealing... AND TO GET TO THE DOG...NOW WOW WOW WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY...THIS BUB=D IS A INSTANCE KICK YOU IN THE FACE HIGH...THEN IT CREEPS UP ON YOU SO YOU MUST BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVER DO IT OR OPPS I THREW UP FROM THE SPIND AND BEING TO HIGH...

Rastanfisk

I now see, that my skills of writing on a latenight out - Day of :joint:
Sorry about that, some scottish whiskey, joint´s and christmas beer :bashhead: Bad combination's :spank:

Sorry for intruding and take the tread somewhere out in too space :redface:

Sorry :headbange :wave: :laughing:

Peace :rasta:

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course theres better strains than kush, smokin on this thai that spanks og and bubba. people just follow fads like anything else music, fashion, etc....

And can someone please explain why everyone in socal has to make up their own strange kush name, how many med patients out there have go to a co-op and seen 10-20 different odd kush names? Probably less then half have any true kush heritage at all but everyone wants that Kush name they hear about from everyone.

because it must be cool to have your own fake ass kush strain right ;) im with you though its getting a bit towards the ridiculous end of the scale.

Latest posts

Latest posts