What's new

Better Than Kush? Can It Be?

Gert Lush

Veteran
ChaosCatalunya said:
It makes me laugh how many people here do not seem to bother reading all the replies before hitting Reply.......

To compare Kush to Sativa is like comparing a 1972 Ferrari Daytona to any single seat racecar.........Zeppelins to F-16's, Saturn to Jupiter.

The Point is....... "Kush" has become a totally overused slang term for strong weed, do pay attention Bond.
:yes: :D Yup, I'll second Raco, ChaosCatalunya :D :yes:

I've been following this for a while, and I can see no evidence of a clear definition of a Kush whatsoever. At best it's some successful Indica-dominant clone with perhaps something else in the mix.

All the rest seems ignorant street hype.

First of all, how can there be a single "Kush"? The Hindu Kush is a huge mountain range, stretching from Afghanistan, through PAkistan and into India. It includes places as diverse as Sheberghan, Mazar-i-Shariff, Chitral Valley, Gilgit, Hunzakut and far North Kashmir all of which produce quite distinct cannabis cultivars.

I can only assume then that "kush" is some kind of Afghan possibly hybridised at some stage with a good skunk or gawdknowswhatelse that was successful in doing the rounds in norcal, socal or wherever. Nothing wrong with that, in fact my most indica-leaning keeper claims to be "OG Kush x BlueSat", and very nice it is too (obviously not as good as my Haze hybrids :tongue: but a most worthy plant nevertheless), I wouldn't be keeping it otherwise. :smile:

However, I think to claim a "strain" on the strength of some lucky purpley Afghan pheno, and a lot of SFB street hype is, at the very least, amusing.

Seems to me that "Kush", in the sense used here = "I got lucky with some Afghan-dom".
Well, good on yer, but nothing to get THAT excited about...

Last edited:
lucky_13 said:
from what ive seen pif = some commercial hazey type strain thats under developed and not flushed. its sold amongst the hip-hop listening people for $30 a gram or so. im sure some idiot will write a rap song about it soon enough. i wouldnt pay $10 a gram for any of the "pif" ive seen. it probably is a term like "cronic" used to sell weed. but all of it have seen has also been hazy.

Piff is a super potent pheno of Haze, of course everyone will say they have pif, you said the Pif you have seen is underdeveloped and not flushed, you did not see Pif then you got beat with some BS haze cross, Please do not slight the herb because you have never tried the REAL thing Sorry, but I would think anyone who has smoked the true Pif Haze would laugh at your assesment :asskick:

Sorry to sidetrack the thread :rant: I just felt compelled to respond, and I do believe Pif is as good as Bubba Kush and or OG Kush just a completely different type of high really apples and oranges

T

tex1969

Thanks Red, I guess I will be able to try out the bubba kush since I found it for 30 pounds a cannabis eye .com. The thing I do not get is that it is breeders choice who is making them, why do they not offer them on the bay or boutique since they have a storefront here. This shows that if there is a market someone will stop playing the cross game and promise, and give you what you are willing to pay for. My order is on the way, and I am sure if I wait a little longer the og will become available while others play games. The problem with playing like that is when you finally get around to making the seeds everyone will have some and your majic cows milk will sit on the shelf and sour.

GrowDude

I´m not involved in any kush experience... (not sure if paradise´s wappa is a kush variet) so maybe i shouldn`t reply in this thread... but i´m doing it anyway

There are two properties that creates good weed for me
At first the psicodelic effects... the C99 was until now the best in that category
At second the effects on music... once a time i smoked a variet (maybe Jack H.?) that was so intense that even the bass make me laugh by tickling in my ears... have to find those genetics again :eek:

mysticls

is hindu kush the closest thing to kush in seed form? isnt bubba kush like bubblegum x hindu kush?

some poeple dont have access to these clone only kush strains

could someone get hindu kush and cross it with some other strains and come up with their own kush mixs? would these be considered kush??

like sour diesel x hindu kush and have sour diesel kush? bubble gum x hindu kush for bubba kush? would these even be close to what the real kushs you guys are referring to?

Last edited:

jollygt

Brain said:
You guys must be in socal or AZ I'm guessing. The funny thing I've seen with peeps from socal that aren't really in the weed game and are kinda ignorant about weed but act like they know weed because they have a friend who grows, you know..those guys...they call it all kush because they think it's good or want people to think it's good. Kush is so big in socal and for good reason, it's bomb. Problem is if it's not kush people stick there noses up at it. It could be great weed and alot of dumbasses just want the kush so kush gets slapped on alot of bags of weed and sold as kush even though it's not. Ask any dealer in Socal if he has kush and I bet they all say yes. Sad that most of these smokers would't know good weed if it slaped them in the face and even then if it wasn't called kush they'd say "hey, why'd you slap me with that weed that isn't kush? Did that make sense to anybody? I'm just trying to say that kush down there is like bomb in the bay but for different reasons. The real Kushes, bubba, og, etc really are that good so that they have coined the kush word to mean good weed. So I guess "kush" as a slang term for good weed is spreading to where ever you guys are. Personnally, I think it's ignorant to call good weed "kush" when it's really a geographic region and not an adjetive.

kush is is a catch all phrase like skunk was back in the days is og kush sour d???

G

To me, Nothing is even close - buzzwise - flavourwise - smellwise.....
The high is not couchy, but somewhere in the middle on this cut, it is exilarating, and the smoke expands like a "nuke-u-lar" lol bomb...

Growing it SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, but oh well....

I would guess that not even 20% of what one hears is OG Kush actually is anymore. Thus, many things are better than "Kush," but not better than "THEEEEE" Chemdog/OG Kush...

Below.

bigherb

Veteran
everyone has there fav when it comes to weed.so it depends on which high n taste you prefer.but you must be a newjack like many of these kush feens.ive smoked many strains ive liked better then kush aka og sour or deez.bklny pssss we get it all its not just on the west coast believe that.i hav a high tolerance and would say u can build up a tolerance to these strains.purp kush is the best kush ive had.but id say that hashplant,several haze,la con r far superior not just better.but its my opinion

Brain said:
You guys must be in socal or AZ I'm guessing. The funny thing I've seen with peeps from socal that aren't really in the weed game and are kinda ignorant about weed but act like they know weed because they have a friend who grows, you know..those guys...they call it all kush because they think it's good or want people to think it's good. Kush is so big in socal and for good reason, it's bomb. Problem is if it's not kush people stick there noses up at it. It could be great weed and alot of dumbasses just want the kush so kush gets slapped on alot of bags of weed and sold as kush even though it's not. Ask any dealer in Socal if he has kush and I bet they all say yes. Sad that most of these smokers would't know good weed if it slaped them in the face and even then if it wasn't called kush they'd say "hey, why'd you slap me with that weed that isn't kush? Did that make sense to anybody? I'm just trying to say that kush down there is like bomb in the bay but for different reasons. The real Kushes, bubba, og, etc really are that good so that they have coined the kush word to mean good weed. So I guess "kush" as a slang term for good weed is spreading to where ever you guys are. Personnally, I think it's ignorant to call good weed "kush" when it's really a geographic region and not an adjetive.

so true, LOL..

this is soo funny because i grew out some Bigbuds and my shit was better then the so called "Kush" these guys said they have by the lbs and i laughed my ass off.

wafflehouselove said:
this is soo funny because i grew out some Bigbuds and my shit was better then the so called "Kush" these guys said they have by the lbs and i laughed my ass off.

You clearly have never smoked the real thing, BIGBUD better than any Kush? Come on bro I think you may need your head examined. BigBud may be one of the swaggiest strains out good yield bad everything else

Brain said:

^^^ Dont try to judge what yah dont kno.

Having worked extensively as a budtender in several dispensaries I can tell you that you are far off base.

First off. KUSH doesnot mean "good weed" in fact I have seen alot of kush that looks like shit caus its been mass produced in greenhouse around the trinity.

The reason so many people talk about kush, is because ITS EVERYWHERE. Kush has flooded the CA market, and everyone and thier grandma has some form of it (sfv, abusive, ghost, bubba, hindu, master, chem, chem 4, chem dawg, tha dawg, ECSD, headband, etc, etc, etc...)

This happends every couple years. First was aco gold, than cambodian, than panama red, than skunk, than white widow, than white rhino, than blueberry, than AK47, than Trainwreck, than Purps, now kush. soon something come along that going to be even better than kush.. IT ALWAYS HAPPENDS.

Go to any dispensary. Go to any dealer. ask them waht is most demadned strain AT THE MOMENT.... its KUSH. why buy other flavors if everyone wants kush... SUPPLY + DEMAND.

Not everyone is a ganja guru, but anyone around here whos smoked kush know its distinictive qualities and can easily identify it out of a line up of other weed that is sold in the area.

So honestly, if anyones ignorant it is people making false accusations... SEEN?

just wantd to add that the NL5 x blueberry and Grapefruit x Trainwreck sell just as quick as any of the kushes on our board.

its not the fact that people wont smoking noting but kush, its that most dealers/dispensarys dont carry grade a bud that isnt kush. they have a few other strains on the board, but they are unproperly grown. if you walk in and the best strain is kush, and they have some lavendar thats not looking up to par, your going to walk out with kush.

honestly, it pisses me off going to other shops only to find 8 strains of kush and 5 stains of garbage. personally i love kush. but not as much as i love a variety. like they say: varitey is spice of life :rasta:

oldtoker

Joe A. Grower said:
You must not be from Cali, then. ;-)

you call your shit "kush." It may just be some Ak47 x Afghani your pal "bred" when one of his girls threw a hermie and pollinated the growroom. If the cross came out good, and made solid weed, well, then, it is "kush." As in, "dude, you gotta try out this new Oompaloompa Kush, its like the bomb ****in' chron."

QUOTE]

hahaha thats true theres alot of trainwreck s1 going about kinda like that, ive alwasy smoke arcata wreck and one guy said he had trainwreck, looked exactley{kind of} like it but not anywhere near the same quality of the orignal,,,,,

but i think its safe to say that real kush is like the real arcata wreck easy to tell the differnce for someone like you or i, but to the people buying it that get high off of 2-3 hits of anything are gona say its the bomb no matter what they just like hearing the name so the can feel like they are part of the group????? even some growers defantly would be happy if they had never had a good plant and u gave them a clone of litterally anything good but told them it was kush think theyd be stoked and tell everyone.

ive only smoked it a few times with some friends defantly good just differnt i cant say i have fav strains i like them all differnt times u know differnt mood, but its in the top 10 for sure., does the og stand for Oregon Grown?????

hempy im with you on the sat highs but its impratical for a indoor grower to grow something as crazy as the thai and others u mention, outside its awsome, i alwasy start sativa hybrids 12/12 in about early june geting the brightest sun for the buds really makes them roll, it still gets very hot here 100+ sometimes the buds is just basking, these sativa hybrids love that with lil plants and they run sept. worth it not much hassle just keep the hieght down make it grow along the ground, just make sure you cure some of it to, wich is nearly impossible at the rate you'll smoke the sativas down, most people dont have a safe enviorment anyway so it just become's not worth it and u gotta understand that

so im guessin the og is ur fav then raskal???

hempy my friend differn't plant's for differn't people, and if u can't respect that ur a moron,
and if you really think real og kush clone is hype you are dumb, its not honestly smoke it man and you might respect it more, its very differnt even if it's not landrace bred, around here plants can come from some really wierd crosses and be mostly insane, its cause of the love. getting mad because someone asked if there's something better then og kush isn't right is it? the cat was just lookin for some other good stuff, because everyone loves og kush that has it he assumes we all think its the best he just was wondering if anyone thought anything else was better, its not really a dumb post. lol and obviosley some people like the chemdog X og kush lol and ive never really seen any of these kush growers claiming that no other herb on this planet can compare im not sure what ur beef with them is, they arent even trying to sell seeds really, they might soon enough but isnt that also thier right to?????? i also read the stuff on the other thread u seemed perrty angry bud just mellow back smoke some hash. and try to grasp none of us really like the anger

how about a pic of the og kush late flower and one in veg? just curious about it's branching and bud formation, and its beautiful.

PhillyPride said:
You clearly have never smoked the real thing, BIGBUD better than any Kush? Come on bro I think you may need your head examined. BigBud may be one of the swaggiest strains out good yield bad everything else

What I was trying to speak out is that the Kush on these streets are fake!

D

Dalaihempy

oldtoker said:
hempy im with you on the sat highs but its impratical for a indoor grower to grow something as crazy as the thai and others u mention, outside its awsome, i alwasy start sativa hybrids 12/12 in about early june geting the brightest sun for the buds really makes them roll, it still gets very hot here 100+ sometimes the buds is just basking, these sativa hybrids love that with lil plants and they run sept. worth it not much hassle just keep the hieght down make it grow along the ground, just make sure you cure some of it to, wich is nearly impossible at the rate you'll smoke the sativas down, most people dont have a safe enviorment anyway so it just become's not worth it and u gotta understand that.

Hiya oldtoker well nothings imposible if one has the will you can infact do sats indoors if you have the space and theres lots of very very worthy satyiva hybreeds also that are more practicle to do indoors also if one likes sativas.

If you do run sativas as in 100% sativas you can also run hybreeds you just need to plan a little in the space but you cant expect to run them in a space you cant stand up in,You run your hybreeds as there going into 12/12 you place the sativas into the room as the hybreeds mature and are ready to harvest the sativas should be just flowering or about to so if you have the will you can and i have grown quiet a few pure sativas indoors a few diffrent thia lines to.

oldtoker said:
hempy my friend differn't plant's for differn't people, and if u can't respect that ur a moron,
and if you really think real og kush clone is hype you are dumb, its not honestly smoke it man and you might respect it more, its very differnt even if it's not landrace bred, around here plants can come from some really wierd crosses and be mostly insane, its cause of the love. getting mad because someone asked if there's something better then og kush isn't right is it? the cat was just lookin for some other good stuff, because everyone loves og kush that has it he assumes we all think its the best he just was wondering if anyone thought anything else was better, its not really a dumb post. lol and obviosley some people like the chemdog X og kush lol and ive never really seen any of these kush growers claiming that no other herb on this planet can compare im not sure what ur beef with them is, they arent even trying to sell seeds really, they might soon enough but isnt that also thier right to?????? i also read the stuff on the other thread u seemed perrty angry bud just mellow back smoke some hash. and try to grasp none of us really like the anger.

I never sed indicas dont have a place infact i see there value and have a few pure indicas and indica heavy lines my self yes diffrent strokes for diffrent folks but i find it fucken silly to read kush this kush that when most of the time there got as much kush in them as i have and to say as some do kush is the best is well stupid.

I dont have any beef with any my beef is with hype and the few that peddle hype.

I have seen it since 2002 since i loged into the online mj community i have seen this crazy grow and become the monster it is monster in that many belive only these so called elite clones are worthy and that is as far from the truth one can get.

Kush real kush is as deverce as humans are in that real kush will very a great deal from valley to valley not all kush are equal or are they alike not all are going to smoke equal or yield equal some can be amazing some can be well shit some will give a body stone some will give a stone with an element of high i to thort all kush were very simila but i was first told the diffrences by a person on line and then by a close friend who also knows every valley in the kush mountens is diffrent and so is the plants found there i havent been but been told by people that have been.

Any way each to there own but i dont think i sed any thing rong in this post those that love these cali kush things as there called power to them but lets be honest can any thing be better than a cali kush as there called line yes they can .

Im no one just like all of us posting we are something when we say were a community tho and the sooner these elitest relise this the better we all stand to be.

melty

Some bigbud plants are phenomenal.......Old School Detroit bigbud and Salmon creek bigbud are most assuredly not schwaggy

Latest posts

Latest posts