What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Sour Diesel from seed?

Happy Times

They do go really fast. Keep those eyes peeled or seriously go with a handbanger type deal and if you pop the whole pack id bet you find a very sour leaning phenotype. Best of luck! I just ran sour rados and the sour d bx2 side by side and my sour rado #4 is almost identical to the sours. Comparing them next to each other my colleagues couldnt even see a difference. My best to you!

What’s the Sour Rado? Didn’t see it on Karma’s website

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
1.) Amherst Sour Diesel Feminized Seeds
Amherst Sour Diesel Feminized Seeds

Flowering Time 9 Weeks
Seed Breeder Humboldt Seed Organization
Pack Size 3/5/10 seeds
Yield 500 g/m2; 2000–3000 g/plant

2.) Sour Diesel #2 Feminized Seeds
Sour Diesel #2 Feminized Seeds

Flowering Time 9 Weeks
Pack Size 3/5/10 seeds
Yield 350–525 g/m2, 2–3 kg/plant

3.) Original Sour Diesel Reg-Fem Seeds
Original Sour Diesel Reg-Fem Seeds

Flowering Time 9–10 Weeks
Seed Breeder Cali Connection
Pack Size 6/10 seeds
Yield 450–550 gr/m2, 700–1000 g/plant

4.) AUTO Sour Diesel Seeds
AUTO Sour Diesel Seeds

Total Grow Time 10 Weeks
Pack Size 3/5/10 seeds
Yield 60+ g/plant

5.) DNA Sour Diesel Feminized Seeds
DNA Sour Diesel Feminized Seeds

Flowering Time 9–10 Weeks
Seed Breeder Reserva Privada/DNA Genetics
Pack Size 3/6 seeds
Yield 450–550 gr/m2, 700–1000 g/plant

I smoked that amherst.. it is not sour diesel, just some chemdog cross, very average.. unscrupulous cashing on SD name... dont understand how you can recommend it with clear heart bro... and those others.. just when I see 9 weeks of flowering I know its fake.. not saying there are not good plants from let say DNA offering, but not sour diesel. when somebody tags something sour diesel, it doesn't mean it has to be sour diesel..

coxnox

Veteran
Zen seeds strain called dansk diesel is cheap and nice....you buy 2 or 3 pack for thé price of anyone mentionned in this thread, so good option if you plan à pheno hunt

tcherno

Zen seeds strain called dansk diesel is cheap and nice....you buy 2 or 3 pack for thé price of anyone mentionned in this thread, so good option if you plan à pheno hunt
Hi
good repro indeed, only it is out of stock since a long time, except error on my part. Maybe I missed a site where it is still sold.

T

TakenByTheSky

I smoked that amherst.. it is not sour diesel, just some chemdog cross, very average.. unscrupulous cashing on SD name... dont understand how you can recommend it with clear heart bro... and those others.. just when I see 9 weeks of flowering I know its fake.. not saying there are not good plants from let say DNA offering, but not sour diesel. when somebody tags something sour diesel, it doesn't mean it has to be sour diesel..

I grew some DNA sour diesel a few years ago it was garbage.

hSOs are notoriously whack as well.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I grew some DNA sour diesel a few years ago it was garbage.

hSOs are notoriously whack as well.

So many of these "sour diesel" strains have just a hint of sour in them. Some are sweet!

Sour Diesel is just that. Sour. It smells strongly. Stings the nostrils, like Sex Panther cologne.

Super acidic gasoline stench. Not sweet.

Man, I miss it. I've got a Dominion Diesel (East Coast Sour Diesel x Dominion Skunk) flowering now that smells incredible. I only have grown out one female so far and I'm sure one could find a damn near spot on representation of authentic ECSD in a pack of 13.

Thesearch

So many of these "sour diesel" strains have just a hint of sour in them. Some are sweet!

Sour Diesel is just that. Sour. It smells strongly. Stings the nostrils, like Sex Panther cologne.

Super acidic gasoline stench. Not sweet.

Man, I miss it. I've got a Dominion Diesel (East Coast Sour Diesel x Dominion Skunk) flowering now that smells incredible. I only have grown out one female so far and I'm sure one could find a damn near spot on representation of authentic ECSD in a pack of 13.

yup, thats what I remember too. how did you like the dominion diesel? was it really loud? wall walker? I've been curious about their skunk lines.

I know it isn't necessarily the real lineage, but top dawg did make a super skunk x chem 91 bx2 that if it is the real mass super skunk it might kick out some real unique sour dieselish phenos.
super 91

Desert Dan

Veteran
Karma SD = Rez Sour D IBL selection

Top Dawg SD = AJ Sour D Clone

Would be cool if JJ took his line to the Chaco cut and brought his gasses to the masses.

-DD

Thesearch

IF you can find/buy those seeds. It's really frustrating when the breeder releases just a small amount and it would sell out within hours of release.

ahhh I knowwww... I get they want to keep demand high, but it would be for the greater good to have more high grade sour diesel around ;)

bs0

I have to say, go w Karma. If you cant find bx3, bx4 is on the way. If you cant wait, grab some headbanger and look for a sour leaner. Sour rado, if available, gave me both an og leaner and a sour leaner. Just find a way to go w karma, he used the rez cut. Shits dope af. Heres a few shots of sour d bx2 and sour rado(sour leaner).

I took this advice and half-way through I can say that this is pretty much spot on. Everything about this headbanger is nearly identical to my old sour diesel, all female phenos are consistent too. It's got that quick stretch, big calyxes, funky smell, and really good resin production. Dense, easy to trim nugs evenly spaced out and the fan leaves come off with easy snap. What a great plant. Easy to train too.

I think that the mother to headbanger was a sister to my old diesel so it really could share a ton of qualities.

Great advice!

farm3r

I took this advice and half-way through I can say that this is pretty much spot on. Everything about this headbanger is nearly identical to my old sour diesel, all female phenos are consistent too. It's got that quick stretch, big calyxes, funky smell, and really good resin production. Dense, easy to trim nugs evenly spaced out and the fan leaves come off with easy snap. What a great plant. Easy to train too.

I think that the mother to headbanger was a sister to my old diesel so it really could share a ton of qualities.

Great advice!

Thanks for the feedback. Headbanger seeds are still available at a lot of big name seed banks. I got a pack and had just popped 3 seeds about a week ago.

What's the flowering time for these Headbangers? Also, I'm curious what's the male/female ratio?

farm3r

ahhh I knowwww... I get they want to keep demand high, but it would be for the greater good to have more high grade sour diesel around ;)

I don't know about artificial demand which I think is lame! Is Karma super rich or something and doesn't want to make money by releasing a good amount of seeds? Maybe strike a balance or something. Common...