What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Sour Diesel from seed?

eyesdownchronic

Terpenes/terpenoids, alkanes, alcohols, esters, ethers, flavonols/flavonoids, ketones, aldehydes, thiols, phenols, hormones etc as well as combinations of some of those like phenol esters, mercaptoketones etc. linalool, for example, is a terpene and an alcohol

Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis
Thiols, fuck, I was trying to think of that one. haha

Thanks for the link!

Doktorn

Anybody tried the new release ?

Attachments

• 6506100B-506E-48A4-BF56-259D172412CA.jpeg
    6506100B-506E-48A4-BF56-259D172412CA.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 166

paper thorn

Veteran
Mine is. Well. my Sour Diesel is gone, but before I lost it a White Russian Blueberry male nailed everything in the room and half the seeds produce keepers/ the one i have going now smells like strong lemon
ok, nobody likes it but me, so i keep it.
the smell stays on your nose a long time. too much lemon for mot i guess.

hodowca

Veteran
Yes, I know, but no seedbank sells his seeds, I asked him on Instagram but he does not provide any information ... this is a fake

Drewsif

I think there are also compounds called alchyl esters as well. They are much less stable than terps and highly voliatle. a lot of the nasty mustard bassica onion smells are esters iirc.

I think this is why a lot of concentrates taste heavily like lemon or pine . i imagine the esters volitalize off during most extraction process with the purge, leaving only the terpenes.
Also worth noting that smell is not a fully objective sense and is largely associated with memory.

Terpenes do not taste like sour fruit. Acids do.

Terpenes do not taste like sweet fruit. Sugars do...

No one desires terpenes. You can't smell them in the presence of useful aroma molecules like alkanes, carboxilics, etc.

Onion smells are thiols..

Poop = indoles

Halitosis is ketones.

Soma Sour D has grapefruit mercaptan.

Legal dabs smell like lemon prep but cause they put lemon peel in the extractors. They do not smell like weed, they smell like lemon peels. Lemon weed gets its smell from alkanes, alcohols, thiols and aldehydes. Limonene is worthless white noise and dead weight in citrus Cannabis.

You guys need to get off of the internet. The online cannabis growing community is utterly embarrassing.. You guys worry so much about this shit, pretend to be into the plant, pretend to be interested in genetics, pretend to have pride in growing good weed, but none of you can remember 5th grade science class where everyone on the planet learned this stuff?

I'm just going to punch the next person who claims skunk is anything other than a thiol. STOP MAKING ALL POT GROWERS LOOK STUPID YOU IRRESPONSIBLE FAKE LITTLE WANNABE MIDS GROWING SHITHEADS. THE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT CANNABIS BECAUSE OF YOU

smokesmog

I do a lot of research on this strain Rezdog sour d it is on strainly.io as A clone For $500 approximately it's no longer there El chapo by the Plug seed bank.75% sour D. 25% biker Kush The 1 I decided I'm buying was ishttps://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/product/twenty20-west-coast-sour-6-fem-sdiesel...u might find a better site that has a description I've already read the description from my research I believe this is the R$1The original Sour diesel Sold for $800 an oz on wall street in the early 2,000s The strain had higher praise in the original cannabible. if You're really trying to find the best sour diesel we have to figure out who's got the best cut because a lot of times they're using different cuts of the sour diesel to make their crosses so who's got the original best cut is it aj riri There's another cut out there I'm just not aware of all of them Of the top my head I do have to research. The same thing could be said about headband Similar taste profile similar high who's got the best headband seed form. El chapo's had great reviews West coast sour It's too new to have been reviewed But I believe the west coast sour is their original remake of the east coast Sour diesel. Based off flowering time and description. You're welcome

smokesmog

Ps Katsu Got some bomb diesel as well He uses Stony gardens Male sour diesel Claims It's sour anything at Pollinates You're looking for a great sour diesel cross you go for the OG sour mango His OG mango That's consistently tested at over 3% terps It's the best sour diesel cross I have found People that have grown it love it. Katsu is known for his Bubba kush.1 of the best flavored bubba Kush ever. Hopefully this helps you guys Im finding what you're looking for.. I am armand Double S.

Latest posts

Latest posts