What's new

Best overall commercial strain? (taste, yield, potency, etc..)

bobman

^ not just cali...blame colorado i hear their indoor is cheaper than cali now. also got oregon and washington making a dent.....cali is the kings of outdoor however thats probably the biggest addition to saturated markets..

prices stay the same, growers take it in the ass. its a new world out there.

T

Tjsleaf_1817

Grapegod, good yield, good smoke and 50 day flower...wat else can you ask for lol.

señorsloth

Veteran
haha 3k or ok kush cross? i'm sorry but i think you med state guys have a skewed look at commercial growing, or i guess the rest of the country does, but the fact is there are only 17 med states with markets anything like that, in non med states(the majority) even moist beasters go for over 3 k, and well grown pot, hell even just average pot goes for around 3800 to 4 grand easily! something like og kush goes for a few hundred more than a well grown ak 47 or critical mass, of course it's worth more but with well grown street weed already costing 60-70 a dub there really isn't any room to raise the price any higher, so in non med states it is almost always better to go for maximum yeild. prices are high and quality is average, fresh well grown pot is a bit of a rarity, usually street weed is unripe and fairly old. that means well grown ak 47 or big bud moves fast out here, for almost top price, which is a fair bit more than it is in med states, there really isn't a point in most states to sacrifice 25% of your yield just to make a better product, it is going to fly off the shelf because it's fresh alone, the strain wont make much difference. here in minnesota i happen to know for a fact many people are happily paying 1250 a quap for ak47!

having extensively grown ak47 and c99 i would say c99 beats it hands down, my special c99 mother is the best weed ive ever smoked, no contest, and ive grown a few elite ibl's and s1's, sure tolerance can build fast but it has the strongest, most pungent juicy fruit gum taste ever(my particular pheno). best tasting weed ive ever had except maybe my super lemony og kush s1, it yeilds only about 6 out of 10 but the buds are rock hard and white, chunky little buggers. they don't sell as well as ak47 or a traditional strain, i don't think many people have a developed palet for sativas, many i talk to don't get high from them at all, but if i take a few hits of c99 oil from my vapor globe i'm close to tripping my nuts off~! commercial though? i wouldn't think so, lowish yeild and not a high thats universally liked.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
having extensively grown ak47 and c99 i would say c99 beats it hands down, my special c99 mother is the best weed ive ever smoked, no contest, and ive grown a few elite ibl's and s1's, sure tolerance can build fast but it has the strongest, most pungent juicy fruit gum taste ever(my particular pheno). best tasting weed ive ever had except maybe my super lemony og kush s1, it yeilds only about 6 out of 10 but the buds are rock hard and white, chunky little buggers. they don't sell as well as ak47 or a traditional strain, i don't think many people have a developed palet for sativas, many i talk to don't get high from them at all, but if i take a few hits of c99 oil from my vapor globe i'm close to tripping my nuts off~! commercial though? i wouldn't think so, lowish yeild and not a high thats universally liked.

Guess your ak-47 wasn't the old stock. Speaking of C99 I'm sure a fem cross with the citrus pheno and ChemD would make a commercial dream crop.

MadCow

killer queen is a winner for sure, sad mine is gone now, chemd rocks, i have a bad ass yielding, stinking, triche covered NL. Jack herer has some bomb phenos that yield. Catpiss and Chem4 yield but run a bit long for me and can be hard to dial at least in my set up.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
killer queen is a winner for sure, sad mine is gone now, chemd rocks, i have a bad ass yielding, stinking, triche covered NL. Jack herer has some bomb phenos that yield. Catpiss and Chem4 yield but run a bit long for me and can be hard to dial at least in my set up.

I know there's two version of the KQ now, the pacific cross from Dutchgrown and the AirborneG13 is the original. Would like to know how they compare

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
3k is high out here...only dispensaries and shippers pay more. but for local pot that is gonna be broken down and sold to local smokers if you can get 3 a pop you are doing a good job. most folks settle for 25-28 but even at that low of a price its still a squeeze...the most any northern california customer is gonna pay for herb outside the dispensary is 900 a Q, 220 an OZ....

i got folks in MN i know how it is there....when they came out to california they went on a nice shopping spree..

Yikesy

haha 3k or ok kush cross? i'm sorry but i think you med state guys have a skewed look at commercial growing, or i guess the rest of the country does, but the fact is there are only 17 med states with markets anything like that, in non med states(the majority) even moist beasters go for over 3 k, and well grown pot, hell even just average pot goes for around 3800 to 4 grand easily! something like og kush goes for a few hundred more than a well grown ak 47 or critical mass, of course it's worth more but with well grown street weed already costing 60-70 a dub there really isn't any room to raise the price any higher, so in non med states it is almost always better to go for maximum yeild. prices are high and quality is average, fresh well grown pot is a bit of a rarity, usually street weed is unripe and fairly old. that means well grown ak 47 or big bud moves fast out here, for almost top price, which is a fair bit more than it is in med states, there really isn't a point in most states to sacrifice 25% of your yield just to make a better product, it is going to fly off the shelf because it's fresh alone, the strain wont make much difference. here in minnesota i happen to know for a fact many people are happily paying 1250 a quap for ak47!

Who the f' is still getting 38-4k per pound? That must be the best kept secret of a growers market in the continental USA.

idiit

Veteran
The $outh
se usa can't even get good bud to the customers a lot of the time. . neo-zazi law enforcement got homegrown weed locked down but all the compressed shitbrick, heroin, speed, meth, oxys, crack you want 24/7/365. i know younger guys ( late 20's) that thought they were going to make a living of weed and they have a hard time getting indoor ozs to some of my group when od bud is gone till next harvest

unless my friends are willing to pay $125qs they just get un-kept promises. too many of the younger customers are turning in their own suppliers or looking to rip them off if they run an indoor operation and they think it's cool to snitch and steal ( a minority but still very real problem). the older customers are scared to lose their white collar jobs and/or have any $hit happen at their house and are now pretty grateful to get treated fairly and cause no problems. rough market conditions here.

a few tried going out to cali to bring back product but none have managed to set up a good supply mechanism. fed-ex and ups shipments don't make it in the long time-frame.

i just got back from the midwest visiting my sole surviving parent and got stopped and interrogated by a cop (canine unit) for 1/2 hour wanting to know about what i did for a living and why i could travel cross country during the week to see my parent. he was obviously looking for drug smugglers and did not even give me a ticket for 12 over the speed limit ( alleged reason he stopped me with out of state tags). i'm not embellishing; 1/2 hour interrogation on the inter-state before he wished me a safe trip and let me go.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Now I have been typing these strains lately but I must admit I have not seen one of the real shit in my town for a very long time.. I see a lot of BULLSHIT WEAK VERSIONS OF
Purple Kush
Green Crack
and can't say I've even seen this one around for many years RKS
Oh yeah Skunk but never see skunk anymore

Headband 707

Tyga

Veteran
Who the f' is still getting 38-4k per pound? That must be the best kept secret of a growers market in the continental USA.

Northeast! Bows go for 38 all day and it's not even top notch... Pretty ridiculous.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Parts of the South were my family/friends reside it is still stems and seeds all day in their bags. To find even basic herb by Cali standards is impossible. We are spoiled in med states and I get reminded it when I travel back there. Anything would kill it there cause you would have no competition in the market and could set your own price over a vast area.

Comersh I really like....

Critical Jack - Big thick buds with a great sativa high.
ChemD - Stinky good yields that knock people out.
NL x C-99 - Quick, fruity, crankd up crystal production.
Purple K. - Low yields but sells itself. Great sea of green plant single cola style on tables.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anyone have any opinions on Maple Leaf Indica?

I have said numerous times MLI is my favorite smoke. No noids, even, pleasant high. The OG's, Kush whatevers, could not make that happen for me.

Many have found it to be lacking in potency, but I am not one of them. It is not as strong as say an OG or Chem or whatever, but not weak at all.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts