What's new

Best overall commercial strain? (taste, yield, potency, etc..)

LeafLady

Granddaddy Purple is an amazing commercial strain, for an Indica dom.
Turn purple with easily, finishes in around 8.5 weeks. Rock hard nugs. Yields are better than average.

C

Capital G

We grow exclusively Afghani Kush--
It is very forgiving...we have a GH in the desert, it can take 100+ degrees...doesn't need light depo in the spring...great smell, nice buds, better than average yield...and for me the most important is...I don't get tired of smoking it!! Strong Indica influence, and heavy couch lock-- Just like I like it--
Only downside is, it is heavily leafed...and gets PM easily-- That was a problem...before I found Eagle 20...ain't no problem no mo'!! Hit it twice in veg...no PM at all before harvest-- :tiphat:

Now this is an east coast choice...more than anything else I've seen flooded and what people prefer is this kinda reefa. In my last house my neighbor built a car and parked in between our drive ways close to the street...I come home and see a car in my driveway, and was about to flip out cuz of my op, but Tue guy was just looking at the car. I talked to him, cuz my neighbor wasn't there. A couple hours later the guy buys the car from my neighbor for a lb. He comes over and asks me to check it out. I look it over and all I could think is some sort of afghani Indy dominant smoke...it looked solid...seedless...loud...just not exotic. I had og and sourd in the stash...mannnnn....off raw potency that shit put them to shame....and it was only 650 per lb...I told him to call him ASAP and picked up the last 5 he had:biggrin:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
We grow exclusively Afghani Kush--
It is very forgiving...we have a GH in the desert, it can take 100+ degrees...doesn't need light depo in the spring...great smell, nice buds, better than average yield...and for me the most important is...I don't get tired of smoking it!! Strong Indica influence, and heavy couch lock-- Just like I like it--
Only downside is, it is heavily leafed...and gets PM easily-- That was a problem...before I found Eagle 20...ain't no problem no mo'!! Hit it twice in veg...no PM at all before harvest-- :tiphat:

Is that clone only or seed?? :biggrin:LOL just askin.. stay safe headband 707:woohoo:

C

Capital G

My estimate of 2+ bows is taking into account the people that don't know how to grow, and there are a lot of them. And I speak like a true Californian because I've lived out here for 5 almost 6 years and immersed myself in the culture. I don't feel safe when I am back east, I have to hide in a fuckin house or on a couch somewhere, so I can understand why people wouldn't want to get a nice easy going buzz and then bounce out to the beach or a night on the town, because it fucking sucks over there compared to here(except NYC, I have will always have love for NYC)!

Another thing, Cali isn't just outdoor. There are 10s of thousands of sq ft warehouse grows that are upwards of 50 to 100 THOUSAND watts of light...

(Deep Breath)
Maybe its because Blue Dream sells so well here and is so commercial that it floods out to other places that I tend to think its the best overall commercial strain...you grow what you need to grow out there, we will grow what we need to grow out here... :joint:

Aye CE can you go a little further as to why people out there prefer lighted herb in the daytime? I definitely can respect the nuances of sativa vs indy dom and actually prefer 60/40 sat cuz I enjoy the creativity...but its hard to understand how the effect is that dramatic when it comes to flowers. I feel as though I can function just fine smoking either variety and my peers would rather function in a lethargic state...all day long.

California is an optimal place to grow (outdoors) and I think people know it even without knowing, so to speak. All drugs sell even the less potent ones...taking into account potency as the header states (along with other two, minus the etc)...from your experience what would be your commercial choice???

The 'one and only' Critical Mass by Shanti Baba.
7-8 weeks and the buds are so swollen that they will be snapping your thickest stems and when you try and pick up the sticky swollen buds they will be stuck to your hand.

I quote Shantibaba directly : It is the heaviest plant currently in production for commercial farmers and outdoor crops, resembling the male genital protrusion of a giant donkey

'nuff said.

/PGC

http://mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=17

p.s. 99% of seed companies are shit. Researching the breeder is as important as the seed.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Aye CE can you go a little further as to why people out there prefer lighted herb in the daytime? I definitely can respect the nuances of sativa vs indy dom and actually prefer 60/40 sat cuz I enjoy the creativity...but its hard to understand how the effect is that dramatic when it comes to flowers. I feel as though I can function just fine smoking either variety and my peers would rather function in a lethargic state...all day long.

California is an optimal place to grow (outdoors) and I think people know it even without knowing, so to speak. All drugs sell even the less potent ones...taking into account potency as the header states (along with other two, minus the etc)...from your experience what would be your commercial choice???

There are a lot of older people getting recs these days and they don't like that lethargic feeling. I don't know how many come in still asking where they can get some thai stick or columbian bud. THey are used to blast you to space sativas.

These people are also professionals, have careers and work a full work week. They seem to like something that evens them out in the morning and keeps em going at lunch time. Most save the hardhitters for when they get home in the evening, but real heads smoke concentrates for that. :)

I agree with tree king and tend to go for shorter flowering strains and my personal favorite for mersh is green crack. It can be taken at 50 days if needed but its best around 56 to 63 days. The reason I say Blue Dream is best is because dialed in and done proper, Blue Dream yields big and everyone seems to smoke it(out here at least), whether by choice or availability. It's the go to strain when there isn't anything better on the menu. Plus most people don't have the 60 bucks to plop down for an 1/8th of headies and blue dream tends to be in the 50 to 55 range and is boof buds so people tend to think they are getting more for their money. This is my take on it and why I consider Blue Dream the best overall commerical strain, but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of the time they smell like shit...but everyone likes their own brand right? :tongue:

C

Capital G

There are a lot of older people getting recs these days and they don't like that lethargic feeling. I don't know how many come in still asking where they can get some thai stick or columbian bud. THey are used to blast you to space sativas.

These people are also professionals, have careers and work a full work week. They seem to like something that evens them out in the morning and keeps em going at lunch time. Most save the hardhitters for when they get home in the evening, but real heads smoke concentrates for that. :)

I agree with tree king and tend to go for shorter flowering strains and my personal favorite for mersh is green crack. It can be taken at 50 days if needed but its best around 56 to 63 days. The reason I say Blue Dream is best is because dialed in and done proper, Blue Dream yields big and everyone seems to smoke it(out here at least), whether by choice or availability. It's the go to strain when there isn't anything better on the menu. Plus most people don't have the 60 bucks to plop down for an 1/8th of headies and blue dream tends to be in the 50 to 55 range and is boof buds so people tend to think they are getting more for their money. This is my take on it and why I consider Blue Dream the best overall commerical strain, but opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of the time they smell like shit...but everyone likes their own brand right? :tongue:

Dig. I think your clientele dictates the best commercial strain from the info in this thread...its funny cuz I somehow knew you were gonna say GK Lmao.

H

highsteppa

I'd have to say chemdawg's sister is the best commercial strain I've had the pleasure of growing. Roots and grows very vigorously, yeilds well and is heady. Some might yield more or be faster, but the "old gym socks" is the full package IMO. Stinks and tastes great.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Bubble Gum seems to be an excellent yielder and fast and vigorous growth makes veg time less than most other strains. The quality is excellent along with bag appeal. It is quite a search to find an excellent pheno, but I was lucky with finding one out of only five feminized seeds. My wife picked it up at a store in holland and the packaging read 'Full Moon Seeds". I have never heard of them and think they repackage their seeds to sell at their store, so I don't know what breeder they came from. The seeds were all very much alike, and if anyone has any info or has heard of the store and knows something please respond. I am very curious about the origin of the seeds. Other than that, it is for sure an excellent representation of Bubble Gum.

Anyone else have any experience with this strain?

TGT

Z

Z-ro

Blue Dream is appropriately named, it is a dream commercial plant, but I need to find something better, any ideas?

jessethestoner

Bump. I thought I'd bump this thread with a question.
Are there any new white rhino or white Russian crosses going around? I love that stuff and a guy had these 2 awesome clones of each and they had a huge yield and a nice narcotic, quite euphoric high. And I want to get something like them again.

Should I go for the old school breeders of these seeds or is there something new I should try?

shizznit

There's astrain going around clone-houses (the drunk Russian) in BC that some call the crazy Bubba, others say it's OG, personally it seems like Chemdog, anyone know the lineage?

B

BasementGrower

its funny i hear the same shit all over the place.. people saying sativas are making a comeback.. but then everytime i sell sativa buds i get a call back asking to trade for something different. no1 thats under 25 likes sativa.. people with jobs and or kids.. like sativas.. so i said fuck it. going with mainly indica strains.. keeping sativas for me!

Dkgrower

Veteran
Killer Queen (Lonestar cut) super massiv yeild at 55 days in greenhouse then best ligth dep strain i ever run from a very long list. She newer gets PM, she swells up even in with cold nights and day time temps below 20C. Super easy to trim and high bag appeal.

Casey Jones is also doing me good in the greenhouse but it takes 15 days more and need more care taking and not really that commercial

This year 2013 i will try

Afghani Kush, Super Skunk, Doubbel Gum and Master Kush from Sensi
Blueberry, Orange Bud, Dark Delight from Serious Seed
DeadHead Og from Cali connection
Boss Sister from Sincity
Edit Apollo13 from Motarebel

Proberly also do some breeding with those strain and make some crosses i have found in a White russian power plant cross a very serius contender to Killer Queen not so easy to trim but it has a better high.

It always pay off to start with alot off variation and then select 1 plant that really preform and give what u are looking fore and then mono crop that plant, kinda boring....

unspoken

I liked sweet tooth #3 and sensi star for commercial. It takes a little longer, but a good pheno of agent orange will also knock your socks off.

Latest posts

Latest posts