What's new

Best overall commercial strain? (taste, yield, potency, etc..)

C

Capital G

Bluedream is great herb to smoke with chicks, but I've honestly seen two instances where people brought it back to my sister after smoking it...dispensary customers don't have that option but in the streets people see that as grounds for serious action especially when you spend a thousand dollars on a drug that doesn't get you high. These people pop pills and drink promethazine with codene...they wanna get high.

I'm in the east and theres a lot of it but, noone I know considers it a first choice or strong herb....everybody prefers og or sourd. BD = $350 oz max....kush/sourd =$500+ allday

T

TREE KING

Bluedream is great herb to smoke with chicks, but I've honestly seen two instances where people brought it back to my sister after smoking it...dispensary customers don't have that option but in the streets people see that as grounds for serious action especially when you spend a thousand dollars on a drug that doesn't get you high. These people pop pills and drink promethazine with codene...they wanna get high.

I'm in the east and theres a lot of it but, noone I know considers it a first choice or strong herb....everybody prefers og or sourd. BD = $350 oz max....kush/sourd =$500+ allday

yes sir! its all about the sour where im at people know what blue dream is but people arent goin crazy for it. people love that grandaddy purple though

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Now let's move you outside for a minute. Okay you have 99 holes, you can grow 350 units of GDP @ $1800 vs 700 of Blue Dream @ $1500. Okay go!

Best quote on the subject I have read to date.

T

TREE KING

Best quote on the subject I have read to date.

yeah but you could also get the same yield with a chem cross and be finished in 65 days, why would i grow blue dream if i could do that? from the way people are talkin the blue dream would be less potent too

G

guest194

Chem D is my favourite commercial strain big yields but still top quality. Heard kalishnapple is a monster yielder as well maybe a cross of the two Chem kalish would be good.

watts

ohms
Veteran
yeah but you could also get the same yield with a chem cross and be finished in 65 days, why would i grow blue dream if i could do that? from the way people are talkin the blue dream would be less potent too

i think what they are saying is blue dream is great outdoors in California and yields a lot.. i don't think the dispensaries pay too much for outdoor weed so they just go with blue dream because of the bag appeal and huge yields. A lot of outdoor blue dream is also shipped to the east. 11 week blue dream indoors is not really a true cash cropper.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
What Chem cross you runnin that comes close to BD? Nothing comes close to her yields and evn tho people hate on her out here in Cali, she is the bees knees in places like Asheville and Raliegh/Durhum/Chap Hill! I dont know personally, im just saying that there are markets where she is beloved!

As for her potency, not everyone is looking for a hammer to slam their dick in the dirt eveytime they medicate. Some folks prefer a social high that allows them to function throughout the day and be somewhat productive. Only folks looking to fire up the Chemd before night time are unemployed or college kids imho.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Ok for those that think 11 weeks indoor isnt a cash cropper don't know shit about mersh growing, sorry to break it to you so harsh. Blue Dream moves and it moves because heads don't want to be stuck to a damn couch anymore. The market is changing, people are going for sativas they can smoke all day and be functional and productive.

The title of this thread is best OVERALL commercial strain...its Blue Dream. Anyone can grow it, yields awesome, has bag appeal, smell and taste are on point and is strong enough to give you a buzz but not fuckin kill a person for the rest of the day. Like I said more and more people want to smoke and be productive with their lives, not sit in a fuckin den on a couch all day staring at the cracks in the wall...

Blue Dream will always sell, in any market...

big twinn

Veteran
I've never grown ak47, but I'm smoking on some now. Looks to yield amazing, insane bag appeal, hybrid sativa dominant high with great potency and the fruity smell translates to taste 100% along with an amazing unique sandalwood incense taste/aroma, much more pronounced than my outkast blueberry which smells like 100% blueberries but then tastes spicy/hazy. I enjoy blue dream but the market has been saturated. Personally I prefer Johnny blaze over BD.

T

TREE KING

Ok for those that think 11 weeks indoor isnt a cash cropper don't know shit about mersh growing, sorry to break it to you so harsh. Blue Dream moves and it moves because heads don't want to be stuck to a damn couch anymore. The market is changing, people are going for sativas they can smoke all day and be functional and productive.

The title of this thread is best OVERALL commercial strain...its Blue Dream. Anyone can grow it, yields awesome, has bag appeal, smell and taste are on point and is strong enough to give you a buzz but not fuckin kill a person for the rest of the day. Like I said more and more people want to smoke and be productive with their lives, not sit in a fuckin den on a couch all day staring at the cracks in the wall...

Blue Dream will always sell, in any market...

spoken like a true californian. i know you say your originally from the east coast but you sure dont talk like it lol. ive lived out here all my life and people want the most potent weed on the planet and they could care less what time a day it is. the more potent the better the people i deal with could care less about couchlock. try to sell people headies with a mild daytime up high and people complain all day. 2 pounds every 77 days is nothing unheard of you should be able to get that on any 60-65 day strain that yields high. if someone has 5 lights that 12-17 days ends up costing you tens of thousands of dollars at the end of the year it makes no sense to grow blue dream on the east at least where im at. theres also a small price range for top of the line indoor. theres commercial indoor from cali that gets sold for around $4000 and straight headies the most you can sell shit for is $4800. so pretty much the price range is $4300-$4800 even if blue dream was extremely potent which it isnt theres not enough room to get a bunch of extra money for it to make up for the extra 12-17 days. its all math and the numbers dont add up id much rather grow connoisseur secret recipe or mob boss instead.

you might wanna listen to watts i think people love the blue dream out there for an outdoor crop cause the flower time wouldnt matter, indoor is a whole different ballgame.

C

Capital G

spoken like a true californian. i know you say your originally from the east coast but you sure dont talk like it lol. ive lived out here all my life and people want the most potent weed on the planet and they could care less what time a day it is. the more potent the better the people i deal with could care less about couchlock. try to sell people headies with a mild daytime up high and people complain all day. 2 pounds every 77 days is nothing unheard of you should be able to get that on any 60-65 day strain that yields high. if someone has 5 lights that 12-17 days ends up costing you tens of thousands of dollars at the end of the year it makes no sense to grow blue dream on the east at least where im at. theres also a small price range for top of the line indoor. theres commercial indoor from cali that gets sold for around $4000 and straight headies the most you can sell shit for is $4800. so pretty much the price range is $4300-$4800 even if blue dream was extremely potent which it isnt theres not enough room to get a bunch of extra money for it to make up for the extra 12-17 days. its all math and the numbers dont add up id much rather grow connoisseur secret recipe or mob boss instead.

you might wanna listen to watts i think people love the blue dream out there for an outdoor crop cause the flower time wouldnt matter, indoor is a whole different ballgame.

This....pretty much sums it up.

Z

Z-ro

blue dream does NOT flower for 11 weeks. I ran BD for a couple years exclusively and if I had ever let it go anywhere near 11 weeks it would have molded off the stalk. 1.5 per 750w in 56 days no co2, all day long.

however i do agree it is the best all around commercial strain I have seen to date

T

TREE KING

blue dream does NOT flower for 11 weeks. I ran BD for a couple years exclusively and if I had ever let it go anywhere near 11 weeks it would have molded off the stalk. 1.5 per 750w in 56 days no co2, all day long.

however i do agree it is the best all around commercial strain I have seen to date

you could be right if it really takes 56 days. that makes alot more sense than a 77 day cash cropper lol. so whos correct guys is it 56 days or 77? if it really is 56 i might try to get my hands on it somehow if possible. has anyone made a blue dream cross or backcross? some one got to cross that with chem d immediately

G

Guest 150314

guys there are more pieces to the puzzle than flower time.

most sativa dom plants that yield like bluedream dont need much time in veg because they have that huge sativa stretch when put into 12/12.

i have a cut of 10 week jack herer that gives me four ounce plants with 3 days veg and is very forgiving to grow.

strains like these allow you to eliminate your veg lighting which is twice or two thirds as expensive as paying for the 12 hours of light it takes to flower.. you also free up veg space which you can now devote to flowering or pre flowering areas..

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran

My estimate of 2+ bows is taking into account the people that don't know how to grow, and there are a lot of them. And I speak like a true Californian because I've lived out here for 5 almost 6 years and immersed myself in the culture. I don't feel safe when I am back east, I have to hide in a fuckin house or on a couch somewhere, so I can understand why people wouldn't want to get a nice easy going buzz and then bounce out to the beach or a night on the town, because it fucking sucks over there compared to here(except NYC, I have will always have love for NYC)!

Another thing, Cali isn't just outdoor. There are 10s of thousands of sq ft warehouse grows that are upwards of 50 to 100 THOUSAND watts of light...

(Deep Breath)
Maybe its because Blue Dream sells so well here and is so commercial that it floods out to other places that I tend to think its the best overall commercial strain...you grow what you need to grow out there, we will grow what we need to grow out here... :joint:

cali2

I love blue dream smokin and growin. In the bay i have access to alot of good herb. Blue Dream has a spot for sure. Any thing i smoke exclusively for too long gets me bored. Blue dream might not be the strongest but its a good up thinking high. Ive seen it grown in poor conditions in a large wharehouse grow. Everything around it was turnin herm and lookin like shit, the blue dream was fuckin huge! It most def has a spot in the market. theres also alot of people in the bay that arent pot snobs who dig the dream.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not too many strains can grow like Blue Dream,when done right my outdoor is just as good as most indoor too. No joke. I still prefer smoking Sour D,OG,Chem's,etc.
These pics were from earlier today.
picture.php

picture.php

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
We grow exclusively Afghani Kush--
It is very forgiving...we have a GH in the desert, it can take 100+ degrees...doesn't need light depo in the spring...great smell, nice buds, better than average yield...and for me the most important is...I don't get tired of smoking it!! Strong Indica influence, and heavy couch lock-- Just like I like it--
Only downside is, it is heavily leafed...and gets PM easily-- That was a problem...before I found Eagle 20...ain't no problem no mo'!! Hit it twice in veg...no PM at all before harvest-- :tiphat: