What's new

Best overall commercial strain? (taste, yield, potency, etc..)

Lucky 7

I would have to agree . . . . Cinderella 99 . . . . f**k you up with style; taste, yield, pest & mold resistant. Is very fast maturing.

AND you can breed it with anything.

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Is the original cut of C99 very similar to RP's Cannaloup Haze? Just curious because I had a cut a while back that I found to be phenomenal. A friend grew out ten and selected the best, and this was the cut I had. It looks very similar to a lot of others I have seen and was also wondering if it is true breeding?

Unfortunately I gave the cut to a local commercial grower with the promise to get it back if I had ever lost it. Well, the time came when I let her go to make room for others thinking it was safe, but when I asked to get it back he just kept beating around the bush. It has been six months now and still no clone. I know where his 20 light op is, so I am going to ask one more time, then I am going there and getting it back whether he likes it or not.

I hate to do that, but enough is enough. I am getting pissed off now. I promised I would never go there and am really between a rock and a hard place. Anyways, sorry i'm rammbling on now.

Thanks!

TGT

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
C99? Oh you silly newbs.. LoL. In my experience of Grims gear.. C99 = low tolerance build up, racy/paranoid, short lived high. Sorry folks! BUT... how's about some good ol Matanuska Thunderfuckkkkk? OR.. some good ol, and I do mean OLD, serious AK47.. than there's Doc Atomics NL#5 lol gotta school you newbs on how to get this $$!! :tiphat:

Mr. Lovebuzzed

C99? Oh you silly newbs.. LoL. In my experience of Grims gear.. C99 = low tolerance build up, racy/paranoid, short lived high. Sorry folks! BUT... how's about some good ol Matanuska Thunderfuckkkkk? OR.. some good ol, and I do mean OLD, serious AK47.. than there's Doc Atomics NL#5 lol gotta school you newbs on how to get this $$!! :tiphat:

sorry gerard :tiphat: but you are more silly than any newb around.. :biggrin: people who are buying commercial weed, they have no term of tolerance or so.. they are just consumers... they want strong, frosty, dense and fragrant weed... of course it depends on region... you can have probs to sell c99 in cali maybe.. cause consumers want kush...

and to c99.. its about phenotype... and because c99 is so bad, thats the reason why everybody nd their mother wants rezdog´s c99 cut or at least cross of it lol :biggrin:prolly because its so bad :biggrin:

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
No term of tolerance? LoL I think once someone realizes they're not getting high anymore they'd move on to something else, don't you? I mean, it really all boils down to your knowledge of business. And I don't think anyone will repeatedly come back for "C99" once they're tolerance for it is realized so... yeaaaa, no "repeat" customers for youuuuuu :tumbleweed:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran

you would have a hard time selling that stuff to anyone here in Portland. Who wants played out old strains? I smoked all those back in their day, everything evolves, cept you it seems

c99 X most anything = win

a room full of Mach Fly (c99 X Warlock) smells of a fresh fruit stand, oh and it finishes in under 7 weeks, and produces WELL.

Relentless

Veteran
Ive had many phenos of c99, keepers from others seedruns.. holy grail c99, c99 pineapple, bros grim c99,etc. etc... none have impressed me enough to keep around.

marmarb

Mosca c99bxl is awesome just hit it with some serious seeds white Russian pollen have around 500 seeds gonna grow 50 out and see what I get

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wow...canaloupe haze, big bertha, critical mass, none of those strains would sell in my markets..

if you want something that yields great, is easy to grow, and has the bag appeal and smell that cater to todays picky trendy pot smoking crowd....

Rez SFV OG x Chem....pheno #2 found up in humboldt county. its some serious greasy fuel funk...heavy hitting high, great taste, good yield, and finished before 65 days, 70 if you want super top shelf.

Blue Dream is also a staple in northern california known for his vigor and huge yields...just not a local favorite but has very broad appeal across america and is known by name..

if you want to make your brokers and patients happy...in todays market 2012 you need something from the popular flavors. Sour D, ChemD, OG Kush, GrandDaddy Purple, Blue Dream, and maybe a hazy large yielder like J1 or Lemon Skunk....Skunk#1 is also pretty good bud with huge frosted colas..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
whats the point of growing a mass yielding "commercial" bland strain that will sell for less money, when you can reach a good balance and get a top notch medium - heavy yielder...

for example...you can hit 1.5 a light with OGxCD @ 60 days...whereas lets say you get 2lbs a light of commercial

well in norcal, commercial is just basic green weed to a broker who probably wont be able to sell much locally so its gotta get shipped..wholesale on even well grown but bland indoor is like 22 a LB out here....so that grower grosses a total of 4400 bucks but his customers arent that thrilled..

or you take that OGxCD that reeks of kush and diesel, sells for 3k and people are happy to take it all day long..and he makes the same amount of money except his product is known for being better and his customers actually happen to smoke it...if the poorfolks wanna smoke cheaper critical mass than fuck let them, i dont wanna sell to cheap people anyways hehe..

i will trade 1 lb of OG kush over 2 lbs of "commercial" anyday of the week.....or i would just sell that commercial, not even pinch a nug to sample, and use my profits to buy OG kush to smoke on...

sorry not trying to sound like a dick...but lets be real...boring, bland, green, "hazy", fat colas with no smell or taste...that kind of weed is getting harder and harder to sell everyday it blends in with all the other crap saturating the market...even a mediocre OG kush picked early will sell easier than critical mass.

i had a blubonic that yielded great and was finished early...but the colas had mediocre smell and zero taste, growing right next to cherry pies and other things that reeked. plus the colas got so big i eventually lost a few of them to budrot anyways, even though they were 3 feet from a santa fe dehumidifier and nothing else rotted. the nugs were so bland and tasteless to smoke i gave it all away for free to someone...who actually complained about its flavor as well..

point of the ramble.....dont settle on a easy commercial strain...pick an elite and dial that bitch in you will thank yourself in the long run.

growhi

whats the point of growing a mass yielding "commercial" bland strain that will sell for less money, when you can reach a good balance and get a top notch medium - heavy yielder...

for example...you can hit 1.5 a light with OGxCD @ 60 days...whereas lets say you get 2lbs a light of commercial

well in norcal, commercial is just basic green weed to a broker who probably wont be able to sell much locally so its gotta get shipped..wholesale on even well grown but bland indoor is like 22 a LB out here....so that grower grosses a total of 4400 bucks but his customers arent that thrilled..

or you take that OGxCD that reeks of kush and diesel, sells for 3k and people are happy to take it all day long..and he makes the same amount of money except his product is known for being better and his customers actually happen to smoke it...if the poorfolks wanna smoke cheaper critical mass than fuck let them, i dont wanna sell to cheap people anyways hehe..

i will trade 1 lb of OG kush over 2 lbs of "commercial" anyday of the week.....or i would just sell that commercial, not even pinch a nug to sample, and use my profits to buy OG kush to smoke on...

sorry not trying to sound like a dick...but lets be real...boring, bland, green, "hazy", fat colas with no smell or taste...that kind of weed is getting harder and harder to sell everyday it blends in with all the other crap saturating the market...even a mediocre OG kush picked early will sell easier than critical mass.

i had a blubonic that yielded great and was finished early...but the colas had mediocre smell and zero taste, growing right next to cherry pies and other things that reeked. plus the colas got so big i eventually lost a few of them to budrot anyways, even though they were 3 feet from a santa fe dehumidifier and nothing else rotted. the nugs were so bland and tasteless to smoke i gave it all away for free to someone...who actually complained about its flavor as well..

point of the ramble.....dont settle on a easy commercial strain...pick an elite and dial that bitch in you will thank yourself in the long run.

i think its all about the markets your in , cali and the meds states are pretty unique , its almost a saturated market , were they is that much choice and that much product that people can be very picky and selective ! ................... and that means you have to jump through allot more hoops , and you have to try and please the pickiest smokers !

in other places in the world its more of a sellers market , dont get me wrong plain green weed with no smell will not sell well , but if it stinks , has nice resin, and is well trimmed it will sell very well , i also think the prices are different to ............................ there is basicly just 2 price ranges ................. cheap shit ...................... and premo ........

and thats it , critical mass to me is the grandaddy purps of Europe .................. its just a big bud crossed with something fruity

bobman

the game has changed everywhere. cali is flooding every market with their "meds". nice to be a middle man these days. gotta step up your game everywhere the old commercial staples don't cut it, not even close.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^ not just cali...blame colorado i hear their indoor is cheaper than cali now. also got oregon and washington making a dent.....cali is the kings of outdoor however thats probably the biggest addition to saturated markets..

I grew C99, it is good own way, but the strength could be better.
Did 4SDxC99, C99x4SD, Power KushxC99. And I want to say, that they are all beautiful.
Seemed not strong enough 4SD(I had four phenotypes). And I made a cross NL5&Hx4SD.
Amazing plant, strong and tasty. Kill everyone.
Then I did NL5&H#1 x NL5&H#2/4SD, 4SD#5 x NL5&H#2/4SD.
And they have everything. The best plant - a plant made ​​for himself.