What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best grow tent?

Best grow tent?

• secret jardin

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • homebox

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • sun hut

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • hydro hut

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Do they do one that converts into an oxygen tent with ventilator? - could come in handy these days -

Last edited:

Pomonlisan

In addition to the thickness of the fabric, you need to pay attention to what type of lighting the tent has. Some lights are better suited for growing cannabis than others.

Three Berries

AC Infinity makes some good tents. I just got a closet tent 2x4x6'. I also got a ebay 3x3x5' tent earlier in the year. ECMoster is the seller. The only issue is some loose threads around the zipper need trimmed.

Pomonlisan

In addition to the thickness of the fabric, you need to pay attention to what type of lighting the tent has. Some lights are better suited for growing cannabis than others. This means that you can use two different lamps to grow at 300 watts and they`ll give completely different yields. I originally grew cannabis for making butter, then a friend advised me on cannabutter machine, and that made the process so much easier. I used to do it in a pot and it was very inconvenient. For those who`re into smoking, I suggest trying this option as well.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
secret jardin from France is cheapst one with midddle quality level but its enough for thouse things

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
In addition to the thickness of the fabric, you need to pay attention to what type of lighting the tent has. Some lights are better suited for growing cannabis than others. This means that you can use two different lamps to grow at 300 watts and they`ll give completely different yields. I originally grew cannabis for making butter, then a friend advised me on cannabutter machine, and that made the process so much easier. I used to do it in a pot and it was very inconvenient. For those who`re into smoking, I suggest trying this option as well.

The density of the fabric? What kind of light? Some buy tents by the pound (I kinda agree with this).
Been using tents for years. Best I've ever gotten out of one is 3 years but maybe I dont take as much care as some :D.
I've used Grow Lab, Gorilla and (currently) Ultra Yield. The Ultra Yield was $250 and looks and feel is as sturdy; zippers are the same and has the same weight fabric. All aspects are just as good as the Gorilla tent at $100 less. ALL tents have sewing holes :headbange. Those holes can be/are susceptible to light leaking if in a brightly lit room/area that that tent is in during 12/12 bloom times .

The light used in there becomes a product of your environmental conditions. Shit conditions/environment leads to shit grows.
Most lights (bigger=better) will grow cannabis, potency and yield are a product of better lighting. Putting 1K HPS or a 1000w LED in a 2'x2' tent will require allot of environmental juggling to maintain optimal heat and humidity levels. :plant grow:Good luck whatever way you go..

goingrey

secret jardin from France is cheapst one with midddle quality level but its enough for thouse things

I have one of these and the fabric is not very strong at all (210D). Look at it the wrong way and you might create a hole. The flipside of that is that it folds nicely into a small lightweight package though.

9DRAGONS

You want one that is strong that has a good zip, high quality stiching with multiple air in let's and outlet various sizes, with cross member frame. Frame work should 22mm for high structural integrity.

mexweed

Veteran
right now I have an opulent systems, it seems on par with the gorilla lite as in equivalent tents both weight 30lbs and the regular gorilla version is 50lbs, it's $100 though compared to the lite at $230, says 600D on their site

I have the one with a veg compartment and haven't had any light leaks, it's a 5x4 with a 4x4 room and a 1x4 veg section

bye12

First grow in tent for me and I choose Secrete Jardin due to its innovating system to choose where you have all holes.
The tent comes completely sealed except from the door, then you get a pair of blades, templates, air vent and intake and just cut the holes where you want.
So far the tent seems to hold up but I can see some light true the zipper but they are covered by a flange so should not be a problem.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The front zipper on a Gorilla 4 x 4 tent is sewn through a single layer of the shiney / black stuff, and is a weak spot. It rips apart, and I cannot figure out a way to fix it - besides using gorilla tape to hold the flap closed. They put the air inlets on the back and the sides. The back is up against a wall, so no use. If two tents are next to each other, the two sides are blocked there also.

Why don't they put the air inlet flaps on the front door flaps?

Why aren't the zippers attached better?

Since most houses are 8' tall inside, being able to have the tent 8' high is a real help with big plants. A 6' tall tent is giving away a lot of valuable room.

Three Berries

I have a 2x4x6' one I got this winter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MNSYN21/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Better than the Vivosun 3x3x5' one I have.

AC Infinity's Amazon store originally sent me the wrong one being only 5 foot high. The exchange went easy except I had to repackage the old and take it to a UPS site. I heard they had just changed to the 6' and were pushing out the 5'.

AC Infinity customer service is top notch. I also bought a 4" and 6" Cloudline exhaust fan. Soon after that, they introduced a new controller for them that was Bluetooth enabled. They exchanged both of my old controllers for the new ones at no cost.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have a 2x2 and a 3x3 from AC infinity.
my other 4x4 and 3x3s tents are viparspectra and unbranded.
I like the zippers on the AC infinity. They glide better than my other tents. I don't like that there's no doors or flaps on the sides.
The poles are bigger on my ACs. So they can hold more weight, but my lights are rather lightweight.
I like them. I have several of their fans also

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Tents suck in general but have there places specially for pheno hunting and shit gorilla makes the best ones I seen so far but it’s only worth it if you got room for the extension otherwise they all are basically the same … honest opinion build it yourself… also tents should be in dark rooms if ya got it in a living space best of luck with it

StanlyWiesman

It isn't easy to compare them when you've used a single variant in your entire life. Anyways I think Secret Jardins is the most successful one. I guess it's appropriate to bring here their straightforwardness in use. Regardless of good results, I didn't succeed in growing the sort I most appreciate. I was usually buying all I needed at some dispensaries. I can't explain to myself how they're growing that miracle. I would highly appreciate it if you provided me with some useful advice that could improve my skills. Cheers!

Last edited:

Ca++

I have a few early home box tents. White inside. They perhaps have nothing in common with the latest ones, but the quality is good. I don't see any real reason for them to fail.

Often now I'm looking where the tent goes. So have some random brand one's that suit locations. Following brands just isn't on my mind. Knowing the design features to expect, can quickly show if the brand has a clue about building them right.

Lots of people make a good tent. Though your needs may differ. A friend had one once that unzipped downwards. Great for inspecting your lights. Not so much the plants. Them zips are not quiet. I like a stiff tent with big overlaps past the zip. Where there is hook&eye tape. With a little negative pressure, it's an alternate closing method if the rooms not well lit at night anyway. I have a blackout blind on the front of my cutting tent. I just lift it to the roof to move it. I choose this over the zip that forms a D shaped door. My propergation tent is a homeBox where you can just let it shut itself. Entirely different animal. Almost heavy doors, with a big overlap. They just shut. The velcro is half taped over, so it doesn't catch too strongly.

So much going on...
Stand back. Look where the tent is going. Where will the vents be. The door. The power and pipework routes. Windows. Think how big your tank might be. Where the air enters the room. Where you are sending it out. Then see who actually makes what you want.