What's new

Benji's LED light test...

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Heehee...love the trick photography with the bottle...you got me for a split second...Shaun fell for it too...Nice and frosty!

Craven_au

They do look tasty but still to small 4 me Benji still not sold on the led yet maybe best used in combination with cfl or hps. I would like to see a nice sog with Led

ps nice looking fingerprints.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do look tasty but still to small 4 me Benji still not sold on the led yet maybe best used in combination with cfl or hps. I would like to see a nice sog with Led

ps nice looking fingerprints.

I wasnt expecting buds the size of my arm m8, its a Deepchunk dominant strain hence the small yield,,,Do abit of research on Deepchunk and you will know what im talking bout,,,Also it is my first time growing with LEDs so i havent got my environment dialed in perfectly yet...

My next round i will be using a high yielding strain and SCROG style setup as these lights are designed perfectly for that method, it will be started in a few days...

Ojizzle

Benji, to what do you attribute the mold problems? Do you believe it is primarily a strain issue or were there unusual environmental issues that contributed as well?

Craven_au

I wasnt expecting buds the size of my arm m8, its a Deepchunk dominant strain hence the small yield,,,Do abit of research on Deepchunk and you will know what im talking bout,,,Also it is my first time growing with LEDs so i havent got my environment dialed in perfectly yet...

My next round i will be using a high yielding strain and SCROG style setup as these lights are designed perfectly for that method, it will be started in a few days...

excuse's excuse's :) just Kidding m8 i'm shore the next grow will be awesome. will love to see how the next grow goes thank u 4 the led test if it goes well i may get some my self for a attic scrog i have planed.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benji, to what do you attribute the mold problems? Do you believe it is primarily a strain issue or were there unusual environmental issues that contributed as well?

I put it down to 2 things the mold was partly due to the strain as it was rock hard but more so the humidity and not having a circulating fan to move the air round the tops of the plants...

How is the cure and smoke report coming along?

Coming along nicely ive nearly smoked it all, hehe but seriously im getting round to a smoke report just very busy at the moment, ill get to it soon...

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello fellow friends and members so im going to pick this thread back up were it first started but using a different style of flowering and different strains...

First off ill start with the strains ill be using 2 Mosca C99-BX1's and my trusty 15 year old Jack Herer cutting from sensi, The Jack Herer being the biggest yielding strain i have ever grown and the BX1's look like they will yield very nicely sitting next to my Jack's...

Here is some pics before i put my screen in for the scrog style setup ill be using this time round to maximise my LED's potential and of course to get more sticky NUGGETS...:biggrin:

The plants were vegged under the 2 126w LED's and a 130 CFL but ill be taking the CFL out for flower as i will only use it for vegging..

Some pics with the LED's on...

Jack Herer,,,
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C99 BX1's from Mosca...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Group shot...
picture.php

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here is some pics with the LED's off...
Jack Herer...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C99-BX1...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a group shot...
picture.php

Ill be back with some shots of the screen when i get it finished...:)

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Lookin good man....so do u plan on running a mod scrog like VG or a big screen to cover the entire area?? Either way u go it seems like u are gona get a nice yield since them plants are already bushy and ready to be tied down ;) Also how soon do u plan on flowering?? Thanks Benji....keep up the great work!

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Irie m8 this is how im going to do it...:biggrin:
picture.php

Im going to leave it veg for one more week so the C99-BX1's can catch up...:)

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then ill start another thread from seed right through veg and flower to showcase the full capabilities of the LED grow lights..

Did you ever start this other thread?

I keep seeing larger sized plants flowered under the LEDs, so a true start (seed) to finish is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi blynx im currently building a new cab for the new 205w LED light i was sent to test out so i was still deciding weather or not to grow from seed or clone as i have been asked to go for the biggest yield possible so im going to use my Jack Herer cutting basicaly the same as growing from seed anyway, also i forgot to mention these above were all vegged under the 2 126w LEDs i added the CFL the last couple of weeks because i had it laying around spare,,,The reason i didnt upload pics from the start is i had major issues with pH and cal-mag as you can probably see they are still suffering from the cal-mag issue but not as bad...

Ps Ill have the 205w cab finished hopefully in the next 2 weeks before my baby boy is due....:)

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Thanks for the info Benji....Forgot that u are also having a boy right around the same time my wife is due :) I got a 126 on the way so i can use it to veg in place of my 400w hps due to the baby and upcoming summer temps. Ordered one for a friend too and plan on flowering out 4-5 plants under it....was considering a mod scrog but perhaps one large netting like yours would be easier. Is that made specifically for growing? If i can't find someting over the weekend for cheap lol i'm just gona end up making one with wire or thick twine.