What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Be Honest! Who's getting 3lb/1k???

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
3lbs/1K...........definitely not here.

I certainly can see it being done, esp vert. Excellent grower, heavy strain, dialed, etc.............but I may question the overall quality of the bud. You would have a lower lumen/sqft ratio since you need to cover more area to produce that much bud.

1.3-1.75# per 1K has been my experience.

Oh it can be done. It just depends on your will and what you're willing to do with your environment. Genes are crucial too.

I live in a three story house. I prepared the basement for permaculture by doing companion planting to attract grasshoppers. These fed chickens which produced guano. I collected this in trays which I placed under fogponic units. These would mist directly on one massive Sam's Original Haze x Skunk #1. It was lit by a 1k bulb on a vertical light mover.

When it grew into the 8 foot ceiling I tore out the wood floors in a 5 foot square opening and extended the pulley length on my vertical mover. This was middle of July and I could tell the stretch was far from over so I tore out a similar opening in the floor on the top level. I transferred a few thousand grasshoppers up there to attract bats...another fogponic unit. I had to supplement the single bulb after adding more length on the mover. It was too much height to allow adequate coverage. I tore out the metal roof and installed lexan sheets and shade cloth. I lost a dog when he hiked his leg to piss on the plant on the third floor.

In December when it came down the yield was 12 pounds and two-tenths of a gram. The county extension agent said the local unemployment rate dropped by two percentage points for the next two weeks.

Oh wait...the OP said be honest. Never mind....damn this Zalmadelica.

i think it can be done with the right strain, right method and a perfect run (no unwanted stress). but i agree with brotha indica about questioning the quality of a strain that produces that much.

i run 600s and get a solid lb. per light, tight trimmed and no small nugs cause i lolly-pop about a foot up. i also run DWC (not recirc). with tomato cages bolted to the bucket lids for support. i have tried many grow methods and would say DWC/RDWC with a cage or trellis would be your best bet, besides vert, of course

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16

DrFever

Veteran
i think it can be done with the right strain, right method and a perfect run (no unwanted stress). but i agree with brotha indica about questioning the quality of a strain that produces that much.

i run 600s and get a solid lb. per light, tight trimmed and no small nugs cause i lolly-pop about a foot up. i also run DWC (not recirc). with tomato cages bolted to the bucket lids for support. i have tried many grow methods and would say DWC/RDWC with a cage or trellis would be your best bet, besides vert, of course
You mention you get a solid 1 pound with a 600 so 400 watts more would give you 3 lbs ????? my guess if you get 2 pounds or 2 + you did amazing cause there is no way in hell 3 lbs is coming from a 1000 watt is my guess and like so many posts have suggested how nice of a trim but most importantly i think growers are forgetting is it takes a hell of a lot of buds to make a pound 5418 wet grams is a shit load of buds

avant gardener

Veteran
Genetics and Plant Numbers ...also are you willing to go 10 weeks instead of 8....

Massive SOG....chunky Single Cola Buds.... 5-10 per squarefoot... You can hit crazy numbers

You get nice primo Tops...Zero Larf.... People who yield alot with whack genetics never mention how much larf they pull...they just add it in to the total yield

there's other ways around larf.

picture.php

just saying.

T

TribalSeeds

I swear Ive pulled atleast 3lb worth of leaf from under each one of my 4x 600W! I swear!

Relentless

Veteran
i grow in organic soil.. i usually get 26+oz per light.. but thats multi strain runs..no pocorn.. all quality nugs.. if I were to run one of my heavy yielders I would definitely be 2-2.5lbs per light. thats grown horizontally, no c02. I use to grow vertical and went back to horizontal.

d4nk

If you can't fathom 3 per light you think too conventionally. Tell me a full on vert sog with 200 plants won't yield 3...

BlueHaze

One single 1000 by it self won't cut it. MY average yield with 10k where 2.5. My best yielder in that room was 3 1/4 lb tree. I now grow bubba kush vertical, 8 per light and average 2 lb with 3 week veg time. 3 lb is doable with alot of training and long veg time. I would guess 6 to7 week veg.

Trewarin

Heath Flooded tubes vert did 46 ounces from a 600... So close to 3 pounds anyone with that goal should just copy his design and add 400 watts

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

medicalmj

Veteran
If you can't fathom 3 per light you think too conventionally. Tell me a full on vert sog with 200 plants won't yield 3...

With that many plants I'd think horizontal over a flood table would do it. Super cheap, eazy set up and simple maintainance. I have all the components to put that together tonite... except the balls, lol. Calculated risks for me. I am thinking of keeping my total count under 12. But thanks for explaining how it can be done.

medicalmj

Veteran
Avant - What type of system you running? It appears to have GH rings but not seeing any returns. Is it a DIY similiar to the GH waterfarm? Any link/info would be greatly appreciated! I could a system like that vegged longer w less plants (I'm trying to keep my count low at the moment) yielding BIG!

tenthirty

Heath Flooded tubes vert did 46 ounces from a 600... So close to 3 pounds anyone with that goal should just copy his design and add 400 watts

Heath is also an expert with many years of experience.

I can tell you that working with the octagon is no walk in the park, especially if you are old and disabled.

Trewarin

Really? Once its built there is one res and one pump... Cuttings come from previous crop and there is no training needed.

avant gardener

Veteran
That looks amazing! How's the yields on them girlies?

Thanks!

glad you think it looks good. regardless of how it looks, what it is is a labor fucking nightmare. soon as it's time to make some changes, the buckets are coming out and the 4x8's are going in. i was just trying to illustrate a point.

the yield? it's right around .75g/watt, which i'm told ain't bad for og. it's only my second run with the screens though. still have a lot of room for improvement.

Avant - What type of system you running? It appears to have GH rings but not seeing any returns. Is it a DIY similiar to the GH waterfarm? Any link/info would be greatly appreciated! I could a system like that vegged longer w less plants (I'm trying to keep my count low at the moment) yielding BIG!

it's a hybrid ebb & flow/rdwc that i slapped together. there was a thread that broke it all down, but i had a paranoid episode after i realized i hadn't stripped all the metadata off my photos and took everything down. the text is still all there. have been too busy tinkering to repost all the images though. PM me or look through my old posts if you want to know more. folks are sick of hearing me talk about it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/sh...gallery/showphoto.php?photo=265101&ppuser=576

my best yield was 3 1/4 lb on a single tree. Veg time was 6 weeks.

Freedom crew. Look up krusty. It was his system.

holy fuck i can't wait til we are treated like a real life legitimate enterprise. i'm not saying that anyone is full of shit. i'm just saying that we need less conjecture and a whole lot more honest to goodness peer review. otherwise there's no way of knowing who's thomas edison and albert einstein up in this bitch and who's just another cold fusion or human cloning hoax.

medicalmj

Veteran
So correct me if I'm wrong, but one should be able to (+-) double their sq/ft coverage w well designed vert system.

Math:
Horizontal (Mag XXXL) gives soild 5x5 = 25 sq/ft

Vertical: Is the surface area of a cylinder (not incuding top & bottom) gives 2*r*3.14*h (I assume the bulb would be 2' from the plants and the height of the plant is 4') = 2*2*3.14*4 = 50 sq/ft.

Are the distances used correct? That the radius is 2 feet and the height is 4 feet? If so I need to do a vert grow! And not only b/c I can increase sq/ft, but this would fit better in the space I have, which would allow me more room to move around plants.

If I were a large scale and/or have lotsa space I can see the simplicity of horizontal, ecspecially over 4x8s as Avant is going to do next. Who really gives a ef about whether or not you pay 3k or 3.5k for electric and need a few extra lights if ur large. Its the CODB. What matters is how much net $ and how fast it moves.

Latest posts

Latest posts