What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Be Honest! Who's getting 3lb/1k???

DrFever

Veteran
i have used light movers trust me there not that great and found i lost yield even tho they move back and forth plants are not getting direct light i have just started a new grow
i average 15 dry oz per plant normally 2 under 1k Scrog style this next grow will be 3 - 4 under a 1k for a total of 3 k anyways 9 - 12 plants will see final yields
my best i ever got was 1160 dry grams per 1000 watt
So thinking if i normally get 15 0z dry per plant lets hope i can get same with 4 plants :)

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriuosly, I only knew of one person that said they got 3lb/1k and they had CO2, Light Mover and was in RDWC.

If you yielded 3lb/1k show me how you did it. And good things will come your way, like a bountiful harvest!

Thanks ICMAG readers!

Seriously? Why don't you take the time to review some of the threads in the Hydro section here and you might find someone that yields 3lbs routinely under a 1K light.

This can be done, but this has to be your profession. You have to be detail oriented.

Starting a thread like this indicates that the details are above you at this point in your life.

Try and read as much as you can.

R.Fortune

DrFever

Veteran
i like ^^^^ way you say might good luck even under 1 k light is good for so many plants and so much of a area period

medicalmj

Veteran
Seriously? Why don't you take the time to review some of the threads in the Hydro section here and you might find someone that yields 3lbs routinely under a 1K light.

This can be done, but this has to be your profession. You have to be detail oriented.

Starting a thread like this indicates that the details are above you at this point in your life.

Try and read as much as you can.

R.Fortune

Yes I've read posts on ICMAG for hours per day, this "was" my profession now it’s just a 4 hour / day hobby, I am very detailed, have a BA and BS degree, done this and done that and on and on...

I thought ICMAG was a place to share ideas and help one another so we all do better.

And yeah, I read the embellishments from those who claim to yield 3-5 lbs per 1k. And most are kind enough to share their experiences. But I have a hard time believing that given the rooms I've seen.

So are you yielding 3lb per 1 k? Seriously, have you or a have you seen firsthand a room yield 3lbs per 1k? I haven't and I seen and built many. This guy I knew said that was his take down but I wasn't there to confirm. Look, I consistently yield 1.5 lbs of solid nugs, no larf. And that's w/o co2.

Hoping to get co2 back on line or try that exhale stuff. Oh yeah, I will be throwing that question out there. That is, if growers think it works. Let me know if there's a thread w ample replies so I don't offend anyone lol:)

tenthirty

Check out Aerokrafters theads. Dude's pulling down over 3 #'s using aeroflo 36 with 18 plants with 1 1000 watter and a mover. His shit is dialed in and he's pretty descriptive in his techniques
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=237140

Two thumbs up for Aerokrafter.

Think about it, The 1000w light isn't the limiting factor here,
it's the footprint.

Next time your at harvest, look at the density of the bud in the canopy, then when you harvest weigh each plant separately after trim. Then record your findings and do a little math.

Then imagine how much fatter and closer together the buds would have to be to make that 4lb mark. Hmmmmmm.

By the way, I'm one of the 1-1.5lb growers.

medicalmj

Veteran
Two thumbs up for Aerokrafter.

Think about it, The 1000w light isn't the limiting factor here,
it's the footprint.

Next time your at harvest, look at the density of the bud in the canopy, then when you harvest weigh each plant separately after trim. Then record your findings and do a little math.

Then imagine how much fatter and closer together the buds would have to be to make that 4lb mark. Hmmmmmm.

By the way, I'm one of the 1-1.5lb growers.

Yeah, somtimes I just want to break out the flood table and pack it w 99 4x4x4 RW cubes. Even at only a 1/2 oz per plant (or should we say 1 fat cola) that'll get ya 3 lbs!

MIway

Veteran
Yes I've read posts on ICMAG for hours per day, this "was" my profession now it’s just a 4 hour / day hobby, I am very detailed, have a BA and BS degree, done this and done that and on and on...

I thought ICMAG was a place to share ideas and help one another so we all do better.

And yeah, I read the embellishments from those who claim to yield 3-5 lbs per 1k. And most are kind enough to share their experiences. But I have a hard time believing that given the rooms I've seen.

So are you yielding 3lb per 1 k? Seriously, have you or a have you seen firsthand a room yield 3lbs per 1k? I haven't and I seen and built many. This guy I knew said that was his take down but I wasn't there to confirm. Look, I consistently yield 1.5 lbs of solid nugs, no larf. And that's w/o co2.

Hoping to get co2 back on line or try that exhale stuff. Oh yeah, I will be throwing that question out there. That is, if growers think it works. Let me know if there's a thread w ample replies so I don't offend anyone lol:)

Just because you haven't personally seen it, or done it... Doesn't warrant discounting others that have/are. If ya want to do some more research, look up heath Robinson for some interesting methods.

But yeah, most people bragging are full of shit. Most people that are apparently 'living the life:... Aren't. But doesn't mean all people are full of it. Try not to disrespect their accomplishments and all, ya know?

Rolldaddy

I'd like to see what method these people are using to accomplish these high weights per light. And what the finished product looks like

medicalmj

Veteran
Just because you haven't personally seen it, or done it... Doesn't warrant discounting others that have/are. If ya want to do some more research, look up heath Robinson for some interesting methods.

But yeah, most people bragging are full of shit. Most people that are apparently 'living the life:... Aren't. But doesn't mean all people are full of it. Try not to disrespect their accomplishments and all, ya know?

Hey I haven't disrespected anyone! Not even those we both know are full of shit. And thanks for bringing up HEATH ROBINSON!!! I HAVE read Heath's posts/ journal thanks to, a helpful member who turned me on. And his system IS one that I believe can produce that kinda weight. He's clearly got his shit together. I just don't have time right now to replicate his system.

My intentions, which maybe I should have clarified, were to see who has actually gotten 3lbs and what there methods were.

I want to learn from those who grow better than me!

If you say you got 3lbs and then you show some scraggly plants w/o co2, w/o reflective material, w/o good ventilation, etc, ect, well I am not believing it. But I ain't gonna call you out. That's your biz to boost not mine. I just aint gonna try to emulate your methods, dig?

So, I just might build something like the Heath Robinson system when I get the time. I have tried many styles over the past 20+ years and have never hit 3 lbs. Got 2lbs off 4 plants last year in my DIY RDWC tho. At the time I thought that was about the limit til I started reading ICMAG. And now I wanna see who claiming 3lbs and how they did it.

So have you done it or know of someone who has?? Interstely I just talked a buddy (legal grow) today who has a DIY "Under Current System" w 38k in a large building and after 2 1/2 years in operation he's only now surpassed 1 lb and nearing 1.5.

Hope that clears things up. Lets all help each other grow bigger and better.

Peace

250wscrogger

2.25# per 1k is the best I have done so far (not including larf, tight trim and properly dried) I consider anything over 1.5# per 1kw light in 60 days a success.
Now that I added 2 more lights I might not pull 2#+ per as easily but I will yield more overall with even better quality.

I feel like anyone claiming over 2.5# per probably didn't trim/dry enough and/or was including plenty of larf....but maybe I'm just a shitty grower..... :laughing:
I know some people pull 2.5# per 1k but it's usually with 11-12 week strains which have more time to pack on that weight.

Maybe 1k in a vertizontal reflector over an 8x8 footprint could do 3# but the finished product quality may be less than desirable.

Some people leave huge stems and a lot of leaf...these are the same type of people who market their product before it's fully dried for additional weight.
(usually small scale guys with customers that are too ignorant to realize it's not even fully dried...they just think it's some extra dank sticky bud) people who actually deal with multiple lbs on a regular basis claim more realistic numbers :thinking:

Try drying with a dehumidifier and fine trimming dry....much better quality.

RetroGrow

Veteran
It can be done in a vert stadium setup with coco in hempy buckets, or bio buckets with the right strain, ie high yielding strains like Critical Mass or Critical Jack, and with sufficient veg time. Stacked vertical lighting with the walls as trellises makes for some really high yielding sativas, if you have high ceilings.

Last edited:

SS-

Not me personally either. I've seen it done with my own two eyes by a certain group down here. I personally just don't have a strain in my arsenal that's yield capable. These guys pheno hunt for yield and raw potency.

I on the other and hunt for quality of high first and potency. Yield doesn't matter as I haven't found a strain yet that yield under 1.5 a light. OG's included

DrFever

Veteran
Not me personally either. I've seen it done with my own two eyes by a certain group down here. I personally just don't have a strain in my arsenal that's yield capable. These guys pheno hunt for yield and raw potency.

I on the other and hunt for quality of high first and potency. Yield doesn't matter as I haven't found a strain yet that yield under 1.5 a light. OG's included
OG's are getting crossed crazy so what you think some of you have as OG might be crossed with something else
OLD GANGSTA is a pour example of a high yielding strain
my very first indoor grow i grew afganistan kush SOG style ran 2 k and in last 2 - 3 weeks added another 1 k my final yield was 6 pounds 1 oz i vegged for 5 weeks then flipped un trained 72 plants

avant gardener

Veteran
never actually met anyone who was consistently exceeding the gram/watt gold standard. i'm still working on it my damn self.

seen a lot of cats claim that shit though. some of the more efficient vert grows i've seen on here look make it look plausible. most of them don't look like they're growing too much more than head though.