What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

dilettante

This Bangi Haze was the biggest plant I have ever had. Sadly I lost most of it to mold. It rained all week last week. All three Bangi Haze molded badly. Same as the late Nep Jam x Kali China. It takes a week to long here at 50°N.

IMG_20231028_125615.jpg

Hasch

learning and laughing
Yesterday, ~day 70 of 12/12, she's about 135cm
PXL_20231102_203320459.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg

Two days ago I found the first Cola with Botrytis 😳

PXL_20231102_070941285.RAW-01.COVER~2.jpg

I cut that and decided to practice patience...
Yesterday the next Cola was infected so I decided enough is enough and harvested her.
She looks more resinnous then a week before so I'm happy to have waited that extra week.

PXL_20231102_203538313.RAW.LS_exported_0.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Here is some outdoor Bangi Haze. Five out of the six plants were ready for harvest in the 3rd week of October. The last 10 days before harvest we had rain and two frost warnings. They Bangi’s still looked great.

These were all grown from seeds and they went in the ground as 12 inch seeding the first week of June. I would call Bangi and small to med size plant grown guerrilla style. Yield varied from 2oz - 5oz dry weight per plant.

thumb_IMG_2012_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2013_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2014_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2015_1024.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Bangi Haze Smoke Test

I am not a sativa connoisseur by any means i have only grown four sativas. Three outdoor ,including Bangi, and one indoor strain .

I smoked a joint of this afternoon with a pretty empty stomach. I like to do this to get the most out of a smoke test. The bud was a harsh smoke with no detectable flavor. Once jared I’m sure harshness will diminish some.

Now for the part that I care about."The high”. To me potency is , 1,2 and 3 of most important things. The rest is window dressing.

I was impressed, the head high was equal to a nice cookies hybrid. It was nice and clean. The comedown had none of the energy zapping that the indica body buzz gives you. .

To be honest thats the thing that has so far turned me off with sativas in general. Due to the lack of a body high component in a sativa I feel like the head high needs to be a couple levels stronger to be equal in potency to the combined buzz of a indica.

Bangi is by far the most potent sativa I have grown so far. I would recommend this to anyone not just people looking for a sativa. If you can handle a 3rd week in Oct finish this one is worth a grow outdoors too.

All of the plants but one were similar in bud structure. They were tight but not dense . Orange hairs and resin coverage was good. The bud on the Top is the one pheno that was more green and fluffy.

Now the pics are uploaded I can see that are not very clear. I apologize for that.

thumb_IMG_2022_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2023_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2024_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2025_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2027_1024.jpg

Last edited:

rlsmooth

Bangi Haze Smoke Test

I am not a sativa connoisseur by any means i have only grown four sativas. Three outdoor ,including Bangi, and one indoor strain .

I smoked a joint of this afternoon with a pretty empty stomach. I like to do this to get the most out of a smoke test. The bud was a harsh smoke with no detectable flavor. Once jared I’m sure harshness will diminish some.

Now for the part that I care about."The high”. To me potency is , 1,2 and 3 of most important things. The rest is window dressing.

I was impressed, the head high was equal to a nice cookies hybrid. It was nice and clean. The comedown had none of the energy zapping that the indica body buzz gives you. .

To be honest thats the thing that has so far turned me off with sativas in general. Due to the lack of a body high component in a sativa I feel like the head high needs to be a couple levels stronger to be equal in potency to the combined buzz of a indica.

Bangi is by far the most potent sativa I have grown so far. I would recommend this to anyone not just people looking for a sativa. If you can handle a 3rd week in Oct finish this one is worth a grow outdoors too.

All of the plants but one were similar in bud structure. They were tight but not dense . Orange hairs and resin coverage was good. The bud on the Top is the one pheno that was more green and fluffy.

Now the pics are uploaded I can see that are not very clear. I apologize for that.

View attachment 18914737 View attachment 18914738 View attachment 18914739 View attachment 18914740 View attachment 18914741
Nice post..maybe I have to give a go to my bangi haze femms I recently found some time in nearby future!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This Bangi Haze was the biggest plant I have ever had. Sadly I lost most of it to mold. It rained all week last week. All three Bangi Haze molded badly. Same as the late Nep Jam x Kali China. It takes a week to long here at 50°N.

View attachment 18912275

Really sad for it @dilettante :cry: i'm very sorry. The rains during last week of flowering and the location with fungus around are probably the main reasons for the failure. I think they would have shown much better mold resistance in a more exposed location to sun and wind like like @hamstring did. If you live in a wet country, try to avoid to sow on shady locations with source of fungus around. Only landrace sativas would resist such conditions, but most won't finish at your Northern latitude, a pure Nepalese like Annapurna would be a good choice for such conditions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yesterday, ~day 70 of 12/12, she's about 135cm
View attachment 18914151

Two days ago I found the first Cola with Botrytis 😳

View attachment 18914152

I cut that and decided to practice patience...
Yesterday the next Cola was infected so I decided enough is enough and harvested her.
She looks more resinnous then a week before so I'm happy to have waited that extra week.

View attachment 18914160

Congrats on your harvest @Hasch she already gave most what she had to offer, so better harvest if you found a spot with botrytis, hope didn't spread, the flowers look wonderfully developed, you did a fantastic job with her :smoke: enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bangi Haze Smoke Test

View attachment 18914737 View attachment 18914738 View attachment 18914739 View attachment 18914740 View attachment 18914741

I'm very happy for your good experience with Bangi Haze this season despite rains and frosts @hamstring :) both from the cultivation side and for finished product. Let them cure in good conditions for 2-3 months and terpenes will be properly defined. Being grown in cold conditions, she has produced more leaf in the flower than usual, so you may need to make an extra effort in the triming to reduce undesirable leaf material in your vape/smoke. Enjoy and thanks a lot for sharing your feedback with us!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to this room BumSplodgeBrownPants :D Thanks for joining us with your beautiful Bangi Haze, really nice early flowering, yet very sativa dom pheno.

The yellow-burnt leaf tips is due to macro nutrient excess. She already produced most of the weight she is able to in this cycle, so lower down the nutrients from now till finish, and do a proper flush before harvest.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Welcome to this room BumSplodgeBrownPants :D Thanks for joining us with your beautiful Bangi Haze, really nice early flowering, yet very sativa dom pheno.

The yellow-burnt leaf tips is due to macro nutrient excess. She already produced most of the weight she is able to in this cycle, so lower down the nutrients from now till finish, and do a proper flush before harvest.
Thanks @dubi . I normally use Plagron Batmix, but the shop only had Royal mix and I think it's a bit more nutrient rich than what I'm use to.
I shall start tapering the feeds off a little and try and get those lovely autumn colours in the last few weeks.
:whee:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Impressive flowers and finish @BumSplodgeBrownPants :tiphat: you can be proud of this grow, enjoy!
Thanks Dubi! @dubi

I'm going to get them on water only for this next week (I think they're at about mid week 8 since pistils) and then see how they look next weekend for the chop.

I like to take my plants when the trichs are just starting to mist over, nice and ripe and mostly clear still. :whee:

grandsrin

View attachment 18912275
Hi ,i gros bangi à couple à time .
Ils mold proof when the soil dont stay wet.
But when the soil get realy wet, it s realy bad and the mold is every where.

By gs

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Well, I forgot to post a pic of the hanging plants.

I leave them intact for a week, then whip the fan leaves off and then leave till ready for jars. The other leafy stuff will mostly crumble off when I jar it up.

Sitting in the garage at 15*C and 65ish% RH. 8 days now.

I must confess to having a little vape of the lower bud I dusted with some NL5 pollen after I'd got the seeds out and ... well, this will be grown again. I have 5 seeds left so when this is running low in the jars, I'll pop another!

It kinda thumps me in the head after 20 mins and my eyesight is misty and I'm just floating. I likey!

Still lemon sweaty smelling too. I;m hoping the weather holds out for another week, this is too easy to dry.

Cheers folks!

DSCF0800.JPG
DSCF0801.JPG

Keif Cake

Veteran
Thanks Dubi! @dubi

I'm going to get them on water only for this next week (I think they're at about mid week 8 since pistils) and then see how they look next weekend for the chop.

I like to take my plants when the trichs are just starting to mist over, nice and ripe and mostly clear still. :whee:
I'm finding that to be the optimum ripeness for harvest, kind of like fruit, you pick it at the very peak of ripeness when you can visually see that sheen that appears one day, plus maybe just a couple of more days.
Waiting that 1-3+ weeks for stigma to mostly recede always results in a less terpy, less tasty, and less enjoyable high. You trade all of that for potentially a little extra yield.

I think i may throw a few of these to start this evening, see how it is unadulterated from the Panama first.

Im playing around with a lot of Hazey stuff right now, this may be a very nice addition in creating something different.

rlsmooth

Is it normal for bangi haze to be super hungry for nutes? Got it in a rather N heavy soil with bat guano and couple other amendmends, it has started to eat flower leaves in shade after 4th week of flowering. Decided to try some BAC pk booster and it just seems to ask for more. Gonna be heavy buds if I can keep it fed enough 😁. It's unusual , normally in this soil plants stay deep green till the end.