What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

Cactus Squatter

Is it normal for bangi haze to be super hungry for nutes? Got it in a rather N heavy soil with bat guano and couple other amendmends, it has started to eat flower leaves in shade after 4th week of flowering. Decided to try some BAC pk booster and it just seems to ask for more. Gonna be heavy buds if I can keep it fed enough 😁. It's unusual , normally in this soil plants stay deep green till the end.
Yes, some of the phenos of it as well as the Pangi get hungry. Mine mostly start looking for Magnesium from the beginning of stretch onwards.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

When I was getting mine off the stalks and into the jars, there was a few male bits on her and a few clouds of dust when I flicked them with the scissors.
But the only beans in the plant where the site I dusted with an NL#5 male I had hanging about the place.

No worries though, these plants do what they do.

I'll do a vape report when I have a few nights alone with her. :greenstars:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I'll post a pic of a couple of buds when the upload is working again, but I've been vaping the Bangi Haze over the last few days and thought I'd drop by to say how it is for me.

1st hit is the lemony citrus terps, very nice...
Then it gets interesting for me as I love this next smell and taste, it actually smells and tastes like an old church. I can just keep hitting it in the Silver Surfer vape (with balls :look at this:) and that taste just stays till the bowl is nearly spent, with some aniseed taste right at the end.

It does have a ceiling, but I find vaping a bowl (4 or 5 hits) and waiting till I hit the ground before the next bowl, works better than tooting on it constantly all night and feeling a bit twitchy come bedtime. And it'll last longer in the jars the 1st way.

But I'm just loving the old church taste.

As for the effects, it makes my eye lids half close and my face grin. Feels like my eyes are wrapped in cotton wool. Mildly visual somewhat.
I can see the molecules in the air in a dark room with a lamp on. It's like a sober-ish moment on an LSD trip.
Body warmth and a good feeling of wellbeing.

I'm zoning out looking at the fire after the 1st bowl of the evening now. There's 80mph winds outside, stuff in the garden is flying around and bouncing off the dog's head, but it's not making want to care about the clear up in the morning.
I;m in the zone man, all groovy.

I might put my pyjamas on and have a glass of milk!

Very nice.

:greenstars:

Last edited:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

YAY! Piccy uploads are working again.

Here's a couple of tops for you. There's a male bit or two open in there, but no seeds found apart from the ones I purposely dusted with the NL5 male I had hanging about the place. Loitering with intent he was.

:smoky:
DSCF0809.JPG

Consolidated

Hi @dubi i I need your help.
I have a bangi × a5 haze
20240212_210250.jpg
that has been growing for 40 days and then for about 3 weeks in 12/12 (from yesterday to 11/13) and still shows no signs of flowering - has photos on the same topic -.
What happens in this situation?
If it wasn't such a nice plant I would have already taken it out of the equation....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'll post a pic of a couple of buds when the upload is working again, but I've been vaping the Bangi Haze over the last few days and thought I'd drop by to say how it is for me.

1st hit is the lemony citrus terps, very nice...
Then it gets interesting for me as I love this next smell and taste, it actually smells and tastes like an old church. I can just keep hitting it in the Silver Surfer vape (with balls :look at this:) and that taste just stays till the bowl is nearly spent, with some aniseed taste right at the end.

It does have a ceiling, but I find vaping a bowl (4 or 5 hits) and waiting till I hit the ground before the next bowl, works better than tooting on it constantly all night and feeling a bit twitchy come bedtime. And it'll last longer in the jars the 1st way.

But I'm just loving the old church taste.

As for the effects, it makes my eye lids half close and my face grin. Feels like my eyes are wrapped in cotton wool. Mildly visual somewhat.
I can see the molecules in the air in a dark room with a lamp on. It's like a sober-ish moment on an LSD trip.
Body warmth and a good feeling of wellbeing.

I'm zoning out looking at the fire after the 1st bowl of the evening now. There's 80mph winds outside, stuff in the garden is flying around and bouncing off the dog's head, but it's not making want to care about the clear up in the morning.
I;m in the zone man, all groovy.

I might put my pyjamas on and have a glass of milk!

Very nice.

:greenstars:

Very nice juicy colas hanging down in your post #1,898 @BumSplodgeBrownPants :yummy:
Glad you are satisfied with the terps and groovy effects of your Bangi Haze fem harvest.
By old church smell do you mean incensey ? Thanks a lot for your postive feedback!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @dubi i I need your help.
I have a bangi × a5 haze View attachment 18959226 that has been growing for 40 days and then for about 3 weeks in 12/12 (from yesterday to 11/13) and still shows no signs of flowering - has photos on the same topic -.
What happens in this situation?
If it wasn't such a nice plant I would have already taken it out of the equation....

Hi @Consolidated has she displayed any preflowers yet? is that the natural color of the plant, or the light ?

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Very nice juicy colas hanging down in your post #1,898 @BumSplodgeBrownPants :yummy:
Glad you are satisfied with the terps and groovy effects of your Bangi Haze fem harvest.
By old church smell do you mean incensey ? Thanks a lot for your postive feedback!
Thanks Dubi.

The old church smell just reminds me of the smell of an old medieval church I lived a few doors down from near Perpignan in France. I loved poking my nose in their when walking the dog most days.
But yes, probably ingrained incense over the centuries in the foundations of that church and it's tapestries and wall hangings. :good:
I can still hear the screaming of the swifts that used to nest in the tower and zoom around the streets when I have a vape.

Edit to add - she was grown in Plagron Royal Mix under a Philips CMH and temps were near 30*C most days in flower.
I kinda think that different lights/temps can maybe bring out different smells in plants.

Last edited:

early_hominid

Thanks dubi, I took her down with the congo and OE last weekend. The aroma is lemon, flowers, and spicy hot musk.. she has just the right balance of clean and (slightly) offensive notes for me. Potency is a lot higher than I expected, she got me up out of my seat while trimming to dance with my buddy's dog :D

she grew more impressively than the photos I shared so far..
View attachment 18906788

Initial sweat really brought out the spice and musk, it also made the lemon aroma more pithy
View attachment 18906789

After a few months in the jar, my bangi haze is insane. I would describe the potency as average in a joint or vape, but the ceiling is higher than anything else I have grown, and I hit my physical limit well before I feel like I've found the top. The high can turn my brain inside out and I get stuck in there thinking about a million things at once. At small doses I'm able to ride the mental stimulation wave and get a bit of visual augmentation that becomes a super nice high. She's got clearer eyes more like OE than Malawi which I prefer.

Overall, she's not the daily driver weed I was looking for, but instead my brain blasting sativa. I will explore more bangi girls outdoors this year, and I have Panama x BH and green haze x BH to grow as well.

early_hominid

Hi
View attachment 18719194 View attachment 18719195 Bangi Haze in a 4x8 tent, 10 weeks of flower, just cut down, except for one plant. You can see the still mostly green buds in the full shot. The below picture is a week old, she is fatter now. Anyone know what is up with the one? A sativa dominant pheno? Smells just like bangi, but the leaves are longer and more narrow, the plant grows much faster than the others, but flowering is taking forever. I have a clone of it growing in my greenhouse as well; the growth rate is pretty exceptional. View attachment 18719196 thanks for reading!
Hi @Glorn2, hope you are well. I enjoy reading your posts and you convinced me to try this variety, please consider sharing your recent grows with us. Your huge plants are some great content on this site, I'm curious how 2023 went for you outdoors (y)

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey
Since @early_hominid shared his smoke report of the BH I thought I can also contribute:

Been in a GroveBag for some month now. Oder is beautifuly pungent, multilayered spicy
For me the high is what counts in a cultivar.

This BG pheno is the only weed I've smoked (so far) that gets me high in the head (medium potency) and keeps me awake for hours. It ain't racey or stressful for the heart but just a mild source of energy, constantly. Never had that before.
I find it great for dancing the night away. 🕺🏼💃🏼🕺🏼

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
After a few months in the jar, my bangi haze is insane. I would describe the potency as average in a joint or vape, but the ceiling is higher than anything else I have grown, and I hit my physical limit well before I feel like I've found the top. The high can turn my brain inside out and I get stuck in there thinking about a million things at once. At small doses I'm able to ride the mental stimulation wave and get a bit of visual augmentation that becomes a super nice high. She's got clearer eyes more like OE than Malawi which I prefer.

Overall, she's not the daily driver weed I was looking for, but instead my brain blasting sativa. I will explore more bangi girls outdoors this year, and I have Panama x BH and green haze x BH to grow as well.

heheheh glad you also like the finished product of your Bangi Haze :) This strain is indeed quite up-nervous, and line is potent enough to blow away some heads :) Panama x Bangi Haze is even higher rocket. Green haze x Bangi Haze is cleaner and with less celing than straight Bangi Haze, and overall more suitable for day time use.

JAHNODUB

Ites !
here's some pics of my first Bangi Haze run. 2/2 seeds sprouted in 20h as usual as i would say, with Ace seeds!
@22days flo (switch 12/12)
View attachment 18974236

blessings to all
#edit wrong thread i'm sorry if a moderator can delete it, i cannot remove it here! thx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts