What's new

Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome THCMAN,

Thanks for your kind words, you will have plenty of time to explore our genetics once you finish your current grow :)

As we have explained in other threads and in the Double Thai thread, we have worked extensively with thais and thai crosses since 2008: Purple Haze Thai, Green Haze Thai, Double Thai (Koh Chang x Meo Thai), Vietnam Black Thai, Angolese Thai, Zamal Thai, etc ... but now they are all out of stock and we have no plans to make thai reproductions in 2016, we are too busy at the moment with other projects and reproductions for upcoming months.

If you want a very powerful and high yielding tamed thai hybrid, then i would highly recommend you current Golden Tiger feminized release.

I'm at the moment working with a new thai from Chiang Mai but it is still to early too comment much.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

THCMAN

Welcome THCMAN,

Thanks for your kind words, you will have plenty of time to explore our genetics once you finish your current grow :)

As we have explained in other threads and in the Double Thai thread, we have worked extensively with thais and thai crosses since 2008: Purple Haze Thai, Green Haze Thai, Double Thai (Koh Chang x Meo Thai), Vietnam Black Thai, Angolese Thai, Zamal Thai, etc ... but now they are all out of stock and we have no plans to make thai reproductions in 2016, we are too busy at the moment with other projects and reproductions for upcoming months.

If you want a very powerful and high yielding tamed thai hybrid, then i would highly recommend you current Golden Tiger feminized release.

I'm at the moment working with a new thai from Chiang Mai but it is still to early too comment much.

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Kop kun kap for da quick answer Dubi!

So you mean Golden Thaiger?;-)

Mh...after fighting with my greedy indecisiveness I just made my decisions and ordered last night Bangi, Panama, Zamaldelic and Orientexpress - as freebee some Malawi-PCK for the first ACE round in my laboratory
Next will be Malawi and Golden Tiger for shure..are they also limited in stock?
Then I´ll have to order them too!!
It`s really stunning what can happen, when you are reading the wrong book ( Ed Rosenthal`s bible )
I was searching for some dispersal and found a whole universe!
And you definitely can get lost in ICMAG space - so I`m trying to find more ACE threads

one more question: breederpacs - What does it mean exactly?

All the best for you and your crew
thcman

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your support THCMAN, much appreciated.

There are tons of great info in these forums, i'm glad you found them :)
I think we will still have enough Golden Tiger and Malawi feminized stock from the current releases for at least 1-2 years more.

I think the Breeder's Packs concept is quite clear:

http://aceseeds.org/breederspacks.php

You get the best different seed lines (standard or feminized) coming from our best parental plants and lines of each highly worked strain.

It's more for breeders or growers that have the chance and are more interested to select from dozens of plants, looking for wider diversity, different traits, in each line .... growers that want to explore deeply the genetic diversity of each strain, and/or using these highly worked lines/populations for their own breeding projects.

The lines of every Breeder pack come from different plants (all accordingly labelled) , generations, each one focused on different traits ... in order to make the Breeders Pack as much interesting as possible.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bangi Haze F29 parental plant from clone, almost finishing organically outdoors from clone, it's one of my favourites BH mothers selected in 2014, and that i've been using lately extensively for breeding.
For my taste, it needs at least 10 good sunny days more to reach its best flowering potential.

It has lovely bright fresh lemony aromas, and an impressive sativa electric effect that stands out over dozens of the other Bangi Hazes.
It takes 7-10 days more to mature compared with more average BHs, but currently i consider her between the very best of the line , she is also very healthy, resinous and a good yielding plant.

We had many rains in the past 3 weeks, also with hail, and 0 mold problems, like with all the other strains tested this year.

Attachments

• BH F29 VP 18 Octubre.jpg
    BH F29 VP 18 Octubre.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 50
  • BH F29 VP colas 18 Octubre.jpg
    BH F29 VP colas 18 Octubre.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 53
  • BH F29 VP colas2 18 Octubre.jpg
    BH F29 VP colas2 18 Octubre.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 43
  • BH F29 VP 18 Octubre2.jpg
    BH F29 VP 18 Octubre2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 44
  • BH F29 VP cola 18 Octubre.jpg
    BH F29 VP cola 18 Octubre.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 49

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bangi Haze breeding since 2008

Bangi Haze breeding since 2008

When i followed with the Bangi Haze breeding alone since 2008, the line was at that time far to be in her best moment ...

It was heavily inbred, producing too many weak, low yielding plants, the line was suffering a decrease in the potency, terpene quality and in the special effects that made this early flowering sativa so special in its initial breeding. The line was also showing other undesirable inbreeding effects like infertility, mutations, hermie tendencies, etc ...

I germinated in 2008-2009 the last Bangi Haze seeds i had in the fridge from previous generations, grew them all outdoors together (females and males), and let them open pollinate to expand as much as possible its original genetic diversity and to increase the chance to recover old desirable traits and more healthy genetic combinations.

Some plants were infertile and didn't produce a single viable seed (i'm talking about 2 meter females with males fully flowering beside them), others fortunately were fertile and produced seeds.

We smoked the different new mothers, label and separate the seeds from each different mother accordingly, keeping only the seeds from the mothers that i liked more. We found 7 different interesting fertile females (each one selected based on slightly different positive traits) and labelled each mother from A to G.

Then we grew indoors dozens of seeds from each mother line. It was one of the hardest selection process we had to go through with any strain, as we had to clone all of them and avoid many undesirable/mediocre plants.

We finally selected the best ones from each line, the ones i like more were females G7, C8, E14, F17, D20, D24, E25, G28 and F29. Especially D20, E25, G28 and F29 were the best ones, we also selected 2 favourite males between a few dozens: F8 and C16. We did another open pollination with all the plants again for a second time, this time without finding any fertilty problems, all the females produced seeds.

Next, we tested indoors in 2 different cycles all the new and more interesting females to make sure we were working with the best ones we had. Only after all this breeding process, selections and reproductions, the new and current ACE Bangi Haze standard and feminized versions of the strain were produced and released.

This year, small clones of every previously selected BH mother have been tested again outdoors to learn more about their performance in different conditions.

My favourite new BH female is the BH F29 posted in previous post. It has the best balance of desirable traits: healthy, vigorous, with good branching, great mold resistance, good yield, high resin production, etc ... and what is more important: it has the strongest and best electric sativa effect among all the females, the kind of effect that made Bangi Haze was so good in the past. It also has a very nice refined lemony aniseed aromas. It has a strongest sativa expression within Bangi Haze genepool, and it takes a few days more to mature than other BHs in average, but her quality is the best between all the females.

Another remarkable female is D20 (first 4 pics), it has a compact/medium size with great branching that produces very nice long bud sites. It stands out for her excellent flower/leaf ratio, huge ovaries full of good resins, early flowering (8 weeks) and also for having very interesting and pleasant sweeter aromas. The high is among the best ones too.

Females BH E25 (5th and 6th pic) and BH G28 (7th pic) were also selected for their good branching, vigour, yield, quality, aromas, etc ... although their effect is not so strong or electric like BH F29, these 2 have a kinder and more confortable sativa effect, they both performed very well in every sense and in every testing cycle so they have also been included in latest seed reproductions.

Finally BH E14 (in the last pic) was not so desirable parental plant overall, it is a weaker plant in growth, with smaller leafier flowers, and not so a good yielder, but it was finally also selected for the great quality of its effect and aromas, close to BH F29 in that sense.

Hope you understand and appreciate all the efforts and resources we have dedicated to bring back this great early flowering stabilized sativa back to its fullest potential, at least we did all what it was in our hand.

Kind regards :tiphat:

Attachments

• BH D20 bud.jpg
    BH D20 bud.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 48
  • BH D20 bud2.jpg
    BH D20 bud2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 40
  • BH D20 bud3.jpg
    BH D20 bud3.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 37
  • BH D20 bud4.jpg
    BH D20 bud4.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 42
  • BH E25 cola.jpg
    BH E25 cola.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 41
  • BH E25 bud.jpg
    BH E25 bud.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 40
  • BH G28 bud.jpg
    BH G28 bud.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 40
  • BH E14 bud.jpg
    BH E14 bud.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
many thx dubi for all this background informations!
i have deepest respect for all your great breeding work.
to me this is also a kind of art like painting a great picture or composing a great piece of music.
because of your description i give Bangi a indoor run next year ;-)
i like electric sativa effects :woohoo:
many many thx for the work that we all enjoy so much!!!
:huggg:
M.:tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Great post Dubi!

When i followed with the Bangi Haze breeding alone since 2008, the line was at that time far to be in her best moment ...

It was heavily inbred, producing too many weak, low yielding plants, the line was suffering a decrease in the potency, terpene quality and in the special effects that made this early flowering sativa so special in its initial breeding. The line was also showing other undesirable inbreeding effects like infertility, mutations, hermie tendencies, etc ...

I germinated in 2008-2009 the last Bangi Haze seeds i had in the fridge from previous generations, grew them all outdoors together (females and males), and let them open pollinate to expand as much as possible its original genetic diversity and to increase the chance to recover old desirable traits and more healthy genetic combinations.

Some plants were infertile and didn't produce a single viable seed (i'm talking about 2 meter females with males fully flowering beside them), others fortunately were fertile and produced seeds.

We smoked the different new mothers, label and separate the seeds from each different mother accordingly, keeping only the seeds from the mothers that i liked more. We found 7 different interesting fertile females (each one selected based on slightly different positive traits) and labelled each mother from A to G.

Then we grew indoors dozens of seeds from each mother line. It was one of the hardest selection process we had to go through with any strain, as we had to clone all of them and avoid many undesirable/mediocre plants.

We finally selected the best ones from each line, the ones i like more were females G7, C8, E14, F17, D20, D24, E25, G28 and F29. Especially D20, E25, G28 and F29 were the best ones, we also selected 2 favourite males between a few dozens: F8 and C16. We did another open pollination with all the plants again for a second time, this time without finding any fertilty problems, all the females produced seeds.

Next, we tested indoors in 2 different cycles all the new and more interesting females to make sure we were working with the best ones we had. Only after all this breeding process, selections and reproductions, the new and current ACE Bangi Haze standard and feminized versions of the strain were produced and released.

This year, small clones of every previously selected BH mother have been tested again outdoors to learn more about their performance in different conditions.

My favourite new BH female is the BH F29 posted in previous post. It has the best balance of desirable traits: healthy, vigorous, with good branching, great mold resistance, good yield, high resin production, etc ... and what is more important: it has the strongest and best electric sativa effect among all the females, the kind of effect that made Bangi Haze was so good in the past. It also has a very nice refined lemony aniseed aromas. It has a strongest sativa expression within Bangi Haze genepool, and it takes a few days more to mature than other BHs in average, but her quality is the best between all the females.

Another remarkable female is D20 (first 4 pics), it has a compact/medium size with great branching that produces very nice long bud sites. It stands out for her excellent flower/leaf ratio, huge ovaries full of good resins, early flowering (8 weeks) and also for having very interesting and pleasant sweeter aromas. The high is among the best ones too.

Females BH E25 (5th and 6th pic) and BH G28 (7th pic) were also selected for their good branching, vigour, yield, quality, aromas, etc ... although their effect is not so strong or electric like BH F29, these 2 have a kinder and more confortable sativa effect, they both performed very well in every sense and in every testing cycle so they have also been included in latest seed reproductions.

Finally BH E14 (in the last pic) was not so desirable parental plant overall, it is a weaker plant in growth, with smaller leafier flowers, and not so a good yielder, but it was finally also selected for the great quality of its effect and aromas, close to BH F29 in that sense.

Hope you understand and appreciate all the efforts and resources we have dedicated to bring back this great early flowering stabilized sativa back to its fullest potential, at least we did all what it was in our hand.

Kind regards :tiphat:

konopenko

Veteran
Thanks Dubi for a close look at your breeding process! I was quite dissapointed with Bangi I think 6/7 years ago, ok decent weed but without that electric feelings etc. Now I see why...I will have to give Bangi another try :)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
thanks dubi for doing what u guys do. u guys have my deepest respect and i think we are very lucky to have guys like u and the Ace crew. i would never get to experience great strains like this had u not made it happen and im very thankful for that.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks for the kick ass info dubi.

My 2 phenos of bangi have been curing since april and I must say, this strain produces more anxiety then any other strain I have. It's not even really paranoia, it's that tight stomach/ chest feeling with a buzz that makes you feel like you need to do something but have no idea what to do- which seems to equate to anxiety for me. It leaves most of my friends babbling on about nothing, cracking jokes that arent all that funny and bursting out laughing. Quite an odd high to say the least. It seems like I took it a week early as my buddy who is running clones is taking it the same 9 weeks I took the seedlings and is getting a much more even stoney- awake high that fits most better then mine.

early_bird

Veteran
@ValleyKush
How many day has you flowered your Bangi Haze ?
I pulled mine at Day 61, was very motivation an up. Your right, you need to do something, but there was no racyness or anxiety in it.
Have an other one at Day 30 now, aiming again for the 60 days.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
good choice. im gonna be doing quite a few Ace genetics next year..Pck x Kali China,Bangi,Nepal jam,Panama and thinking about ordering Congo to still reading the Congo thread

early_bird

Veteran
Bangi Haze, Flowering Day 44
I´ve always some issues with yellow leafs growing them. But my PH was a bit low, seems she doesn´t like that.
I planning to grow more Bangi in future, just love it :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi early bird!

God, what a beautiful Bangi Haze cola. Congrats!:tiphat:

Don't worry, Bangi Haze tends to yellowing the main leafs more than other strains indoors with small pots, especially with low PH, but anyway looks like the flower development is doing very very good :yes: