What's new

Bangi Haze

B

bonecarver_OG

dubi said:
Great OldPath :smile: i'd cut the lower and weaker stems and would let only the 2-3 stronger upper stems. This would help the plant to focus all its energy in the best stems. I like to remove old lower leaf too when revegging, old weak leaves could hide fungus and pests.
Remember to apply high doses of Nitrogen. Best wishes!

very good tips for all those doing revegs.

u got some tallent dubi to concentrate wisdom to a few words!

peace man and have a nice day!

dubi - Thanks for the advice :D I trimmed the lower parts nicely. It's interesting to see cannabis reveg, it's too bad I didn't keep track of how long it took to reveg; it would have been useful in the future. :wave:

rifishman - those are beautiful pictures!!
OldPath

Last edited:
Hello again :wave:

I have a phenotype of the Bangi Haze, it was the second seed I planted of the strain, and around the 6-7th week of flowering there appeared calyxes that had many stigmas instead of only a pair. I have pictures of it, but we all haven't been able to upload pics for awhile now. Anyone know what this kind of calyx formation is called?

OldPath

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sounds curious,

there are some funny positive mutations in the bangi haze line. Twin plants coming from one seed is one of them. :smile:

Spangli

curiosity

curiosity

Hi Dubi

I was wondering whether the congolese line in this cross is the Bangi congo that you also used in your congo strain?
Could you tell me some info on the bangi haze's congolese parent?
I ended up with 1 female and 1 male outdoors. She already started flowering at the end of august. Pictures later.

Keep smilin
Spangli

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Spangli said:
Hi Dubi

I was wondering whether the congolese line in this cross is the Bangi congo that you also used in your congo strain?
Could you tell me some info on the bangi haze's congolese parent?
I ended up with 1 female and 1 male outdoors. She already started flowering at the end of august. Pictures later.

Keep smilin
Spangli

Hello Spangli,

It's a third congolese sativa strain, different to mano negra's bangi congo and Congo #3 (both are inside our ACE Congo hybrid).

The bangi haze's congolese was a floral/liquaorice electric sativa.

Pics are welcome! :smile: Have fun!

hi all,

I ordered Bangi Haze and Nepjam, I think I'll grow out Bangi Haze first,
with 400w philips mastercolor cmh, i read on some of these forums that they are supposed to be better than mh, I'll have a 1m^2 flood and drain with clay pebbles, I'm going to add high UV fluorescent lights during flowering, could someone tell me, what wattage should i use? how long in the flowering should i use it?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ganjabrother said:
hi all,

I ordered Bangi Haze and Nepjam, I think I'll grow out Bangi Haze first,
with 400w philips mastercolor cmh, i read on some of these forums that they are supposed to be better than mh, I'll have a 1m^2 flood and drain with clay pebbles, I'm going to add high UV fluorescent lights during flowering, could someone tell me, what wattage should i use? how long in the flowering should i use it?

Welcome ganja brother,

400 w should is enough to flower them correctly. Of course, stronger lights are always benefitial to flower development. Adding UV fluorescent, sounds like a good idea. They need between 8-9.5 weeks to finish.

Best wishes for your grow! :smile: dubi

hi there dubi,
got my bangi haze seeds, which looked large and healthy.
4 days passed, 5/10 of the seeds germinated slowly (2-3days),
the rest seem to not want to germinate.
in the past i usually find that the first seeds germinate in the 1st 24hrs, and are pretty much all germinated after 48hrs.
What are your thoughts on this?

1 more bangi haze eventually germinated, the others just wont react so 6/10, in between because i thought that outta those 6 some would be males, my stoner instict of survival led me to germinate the Nepjams :D, i was assuming the same bad luck under the same conditions, but no, 11/11 (i got 11 seeds of those :smile:), in just over 24 hrs (not just germinated, all with small roots), and those Nepjams (even with the more than 4 day gap), are seedlings that have practically caught up with the BH (in less than 48hrs!!!), what vigour,
and they all seem to be synchronised at the same speed when germing/progressing into seedlings. Now, thanks to these promising NJ seedlings, my problem will be too many plants :D, 16 to start with, i will have to select and reject young plants, might be a brainstrain if the NJ are all fairly consistent...

B

bonecarver_OG

asve the selection work untill you really need to - that way most of the time - atleast me - i force my self to get more space to accomodate all of them.

i only take away plants that break from stem rot or die from root rot - all other usually gives nice smoke - :D

i just planted from my collection around 130 seeds - and now after one month im down to about 50. nature does a good job selecting - ;)

sorry to be off topic :D

Wow folks, these sativas are amazing. I am starting work with some thai haze from sam the skunkman. Looking forward to them, my garden has alway been 50% or more indica hybrids. Been messing with alot of diff. c99 crosses and i just love them! So, thought i would move on up! Anyone have any advice, tips, suggestions or strain ideas? Hit me up via pm! Peace!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day ganja brother,

Im glad you have enough plants for your garden. Bangi Haze female ratio is usually good. Nepalese Jam is a quite uniform backcrossed line. Please, let us know how they work for you. Best wishes! dubi

ganjabrother said:
1 more bangi haze eventually germinated, the others just wont react so 6/10, in between because i thought that outta those 6 some would be males, my stoner instict of survival led me to germinate the Nepjams :D, i was assuming the same bad luck under the same conditions, but no, 11/11 (i got 11 seeds of those :smile:), in just over 24 hrs (not just germinated, all with small roots), and those Nepjams (even with the more than 4 day gap), are seedlings that have practically caught up with the BH (in less than 48hrs!!!), what vigour,
and they all seem to be synchronised at the same speed when germing/progressing into seedlings. Now, thanks to these promising NJ seedlings, my problem will be too many plants :D, 16 to start with, i will have to select and reject young plants, might be a brainstrain if the NJ are all fairly consistent...

Atm the plants are in very small square pots, in soil (waiting to be transferred to a flood and drain (i'll probably use organic nutes for the hydro, Iguana juice, by advanced nutrients). They are being vegged 15on/9off, in a propagator under 54w sunblaster fluorescents.
Two bangi hazes are looking healthy, the others have slightly yellow leaves on the tips, and aren't really growing, maybe the little grow cubes (in the shape of rockwool cubes, but made from organic fibre), are waterlogged, and it may be causing root rot due to overwatering, too high humidity...
However, ALL the Nepjams look healthy, even if 1 out of 11 is not growing well (i broke the 1 main taproot, when it was less than 1cm long, however, IT IS surviving, never thought it would).
The purpose of this first grow with these is an experiment (apart from the smokeable end product :rasta: of course; i need an energetic, smart daytime smoke, good for high IQ math skill :smoke: )
is to select the hardiest females, combined with the best highs, of both NJ and BH, to then take cuttings, to guerilla grow outdoors next season, in the green isle of Eire.
I will of course give updates on all these grows.

Last edited:
bonecarver_OG said:
asve the selection work untill you really need to - that way most of the time - atleast me - i force my self to get more space to accomodate all of them.

i only take away plants that break from stem rot or die from root rot - all other usually gives nice smoke - :D

i just planted from my collection around 130 seeds - and now after one month im down to about 50. nature does a good job selecting - ;)

sorry to be off topic :D
interesting, i didn't fully realise that there was a relationship to hardiness, regarding factors such as root rot and quality of smoke :canabis: thanks for the tip

B

bonecarver_OG

ganjabrother said:
interesting, i didn't fully realise that there was a relationship to hardiness, regarding factors such as root rot and quality of smoke :canabis: thanks for the tip

thats not really what i mean.

what i really want to say is;

better to have more plants than you think you will need - this way if you loose some to root-rot or accidents you still have back-up.

as far as i know there is no relation in hardiness and smokeability - i think many hemp strains are very resistant but never the less wont be good smoke.

we are getting very offtopic.

sorry mates

Latest posts

Latest posts