What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

four seasons

Veteran
Heres a a few pictures of my dejavu strain drying on trays. This was small harvest is from one plant started in early august and harvest Nov. first.
The small harvest is worth the killer grapey taste and smell.
Ive kept this train alive through natural selection year after and year since 91 and it always breeds true to its self.
I have many modern strains but I still keep a few older varieties around to bring back the memories.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your great description of your old mexi line :smile:

I'm glad to see enthusiast growers preserving their own old breds. That kind of work is very important, sounds like a great strain for outcrosses. I hope you can keep her for many years more.

One friend who has been travelling 3-4 years around Central and South America has recently come back. His favourite american sativas are highland oaxaca, michoacan verde limon, guatemala (related to oaxaca) and colombians (punto rojo and mangobiche).

C

charlie garcia

Four Seasons is amazing for me to see and know about your landraces and old seeds collections. If we were back in 70-80s I am sure we all would save all good seeds available. World moves this fast but in 30 years wideworld scenario of genetics has dramatically changed.. only 30 years in earth history and we cant hear about many lines already.

Can you telll us bit more about this Jamaican BM?

I hope you enjoy the fresh air you are growing back today, let me be bit jealous ;)

Great work, congrats and enjoy
charlie

Last edited:

four seasons

Veteran
Charlie the 87 blue mountain was personally collected by me.
Ive seen batches of good commercial Jamaican available in Florida but nothing is this original or traditional Jamaican.
The flavor reminds me of spiced, dirty honey with lavender floral tones to it.
Ill try and post a few more picts of this old strain.
Dubi Im getting ready put a small group of Bangis outside.
I cant wait for this one. Ive Been looking forward to getting this strain for awhile now.
Ill probably get another batch of these seeds when the next generation is ready from ACE.

Grunt

I've been lookin seriously at these for some time. They look and sound like the kind of extraordinary genetics that I'm looking for.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
four seasons said:
Charlie the 87 blue mountain was personally collected by me.
Ive seen batches of good commercial Jamaican available in Florida but nothing is this original or traditional Jamaican.
The flavor reminds me of spiced, dirty honey with lavender floral tones to it.
Ill try and post a few more picts of this old strain.
Dubi Im getting ready put a small group of Bangis outside.
I cant wait for this one. Ive Been looking forward to getting this strain for awhile now.
Ill probably get another batch of these seeds when the next generation is ready from ACE.

Lovely four seasons :smile:

I like the spicy lavender jamaican aromas. And i love her happy spacey effect, usually one of the funniest along the good mexicans!

Best wishes for late outdoor bangi grow!

1000ARMSofKALI

High to ACE collective:wave:

i like this thread a lot, i had also that pleasure to grow bangi haze outdoor at 50N in 2007season, it has incredible energetic clearheady up highh for such fast strain, also high lasts good 2 or 3 hours, the best smoke for me was the most sativa pheno, tall and lanky pheno, grows huge and has small but compact sugary buds

really something different from dutch skunks:woohoo:

when i grew them and saw them how they adapted to our climate here, i can say that breeding work had to be more than perfect, great work ACE! go on:jump:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=513087&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

best wishes to you in this new year:yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High to ACE collective:wave:

i like this thread a lot, i had also that pleasure to grow bangi haze outdoor at 50N in 2007season, it has incredible energetic clearheady up highh for such fast strain, also high lasts good 2 or 3 hours, the best smoke for me was the most sativa pheno, tall and lanky pheno, grows huge and has small but compact sugary buds

really something different from dutch skunks:woohoo:

when i grew them and saw them how they adapted to our climate here, i can say that breeding work had to be more than perfect, great work ACE! go on:jump:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=513087&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

best wishes to you in this new year:yes:

Thanks for your warm words 1000ARMSofKALI :smile:

Bangi Haze is a great sativa choice for northern growers in cold climates.
Im glad you had a successful harvest at 50N and that the finished product was of your taste!

We are working with bangi haze right now, selecting new parental plants between F4-F6 lines, hopefully new stock will be ready at the end of spring.

Hey arms of Kali,
Nice bangi haze grow and beautiful pictures in your gallery.
I'm at 52N. Can you tell a bit more about the date most plants went into flowering and the date most were finished?

Peace

1000ARMSofKALI

yes dubi like you said taste was great: yummygummy licorice inscense with vegetable-like background, when i opened jar it reeked like honey weed:smoker:

hey Stone Locust, i think you can be bit later with them than me, they started flower when photoperiod here was 14-13hours of light/10-11of dark, so they switch to flowering in first week of september and were fully finished late october, but more important is the fact they have incredible mold resistance(outdoor, not so much in greenhouse) and they keeped flowering and getting chunkier buds in very low temperatures,when other plants stopped, yielded very well and plants were very uniform in flowering times, diferences amongst phenos were in details how theyre looking, there were good plants but this is keeper imo, stellar sativa
http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=769057&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

2007season was the worst season I have ever experienced here, such little or rare snowing started from mid october and thats month sooner than usually, when i came to my plants in the morning they looked like they are frozen, there was ice on leaves, but through the day temperature went up, just a little, so they could hand it out and thanks to bangi season was not so bad

i also think that esbe grew bangi at 55N or so nad she developed guite nice as you can see in this thread

cheers:ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bangi Haze line has some variability in size and aromas but all plants are very cold resistant with strong euphoric high.

Being quite sativa dominant she starts to flower little late but she rippens very quickly.

I'm on board the Bahgi Haze Bus. Great Stuff Dubi, and everyone!

Got 4 little ones on the go at the mo, also 4 Nep Jam. They're 3 weeks from seed. Hopefully i'll get at least 1 Female from each.

?Question for the BH crew?

I'm going to do some serious super-cropping, so i suppose i'll have to veg these gals for at least 3+ months in total. So that's another say 10 weeks?

Not as if i'm in any hurry. I got me some of MoD's Godberry. Hmmmmmm. Like it so much I'm doing another round of clones. I'd most definitely cross the BH and NJ to them. It'd be a delicioso mullato. Oooh, can't wait! I'm salvating at the thought of it.
Hmmmmmm. Slobber :bigeye: Slobber

1000ARMSofKALI

hey dubi im glad you work on new parents, bangi is unigue genetics for sure

by the way Do ACE plan some outdoor crosses beetween bangi and some of those danisch early genetics? to make it earlier:yeahthats

thank you for your support, i like and appreciate, when breeders breed their plants outdoor in some stages of breeding project, it helps growers like me a lot, ACE collective have big passion for cannabis and its visible...

peace

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm on board the Bahgi Haze Bus. Great Stuff Dubi, and everyone!

Got 4 little ones on the go at the mo, also 4 Nep Jam. They're 3 weeks from seed. Hopefully i'll get at least 1 Female from each.

?Question for the BH crew?

I'm going to do some serious super-cropping, so i suppose i'll have to veg these gals for at least 3+ months in total. So that's another say 10 weeks?

Not as if i'm in any hurry. I got me some of MoD's Godberry. Hmmmmmm. Like it so much I'm doing another round of clones. I'd most definitely cross the BH and NJ to them. It'd be a delicioso mullato. Oooh, can't wait! I'm salvating at the thought of it.
Hmmmmmm. Slobber :bigeye: Slobber

Welcome Thomas Cherry,

Bangi Haze has a nice branching pattern, medium nodes and few leaves that allow good light penetration. She reacts nicely to topping too.

Honestly we haven't tried to flower bangi haze indoors with such long veg times. Sometimes is better grow more but smaller plants, they usually full up the same space faster. But each grower is different and has different growing styles, i'm not here to tell others how to grow their pot, only to recommend :smile:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hey dubi im glad you work on new parents, bangi is unigue genetics for sure

by the way Do ACE plan some outdoor crosses beetween bangi and some of those danisch early genetics? to make it earlier:yeahthats

thank you for your support, i like and appreciate, when breeders breed their plants outdoor in some stages of breeding project, it helps growers like me a lot, ACE collective have big passion for cannabis and its visible...

peace

Good day 1000ARMSofKALI,

We are not working with bangi haze hybrids right now but it would be a good idea to cross a nice potent and early danish sativa with bangi haze. There are a lot of great indica danish lines but crossing bangi haze to indica would lose the electric effect in the hybrid.

It'd be nice to find a strong non hermie leb27 female and pollinate her with a good bangi haze male and then see what happens .... but should be a strong lebanese not a mild one.

1000ARMSofKALI

thank you for response dubi,

i think right selected hybrid of leb27xbangi should be great thing for all growers up to north and who else should make this hyb than ACE?, superb sativa breeders hehe

that leb27 looks very aesthetic, yeah continue that way you do it:respect:

peace

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
bangi haze x danish passion is another posibility. dp works very well in farmaz2s uk cheese x dp, the cheese is dominant in flower and potens and is early and good yielding from danish passion. also bangi x royal dane sounds lovely

1000ARMSofKALI

yes esbe(much respect to your growing-life style and genetic preservation) first i thought of royal dane, she looks like sativa but is not?ghani?
but yeah its hell difficult to find right parents which will constantly produce progeny mostly with bangi highh and photosensitivity of royal ddane, that leb27 looks like it can add something unique to the hybrid:yummy:

peace:ying:

Last edited: