What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bangi Haze(f) x Deep Chunk (m) :rasta:
BangiHazexDC-1.jpg

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow! What does that smell like? How far along is it? It looks like the DC did not dominate the cross.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Budular,
If you have seen or tryed Chaman´s colombian Red x Gold,this pic can help:
The father was the same DC macho that fathered the Bangi hyb above ^^
I had one seed only,and sent it to brother Chaman.he grew it out and got this girl
colxDC.jpg

the color and leafsahpe of the mother and the short stature and structure of the father.Chaman told me that it had a colombian supremo taste linked with the awesome taste of DC,up to the end of the roach :D
colxDC2.jpg

Hello, this may seem like a dumb question, but I want to know for sure. How do you pronunciate bangi? ban-gee, bang-ee... bung-ee? I just want to know the correct pronunciation, thanks.

Here's my little bangi baby:

...and starting first week into veg:

I just had some trouble with powdery mildew in my garden, which got severe, and Bangi Haze was almost completely resistant... I was so happy I chose Bangi Haze as a choice.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Raco said:
Bangi Haze(f) x Deep Chunk (m) :rasta:
BangiHazexDC-1.jpg

Mmmmm raco .... lovely Bangi Haze x Deep Chunk F1 hybrid! :rasta:

Looks like dominances are very positive: flower looks very high/flower leaf ratio, resinous and dense. Looks like Deep Chunk is not so dominant when crossed with other highly inbred lines.

Who did produce the cross?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
Here's my little bangi baby:

...and starting first week into veg:

I just had some trouble with powdery mildew in my garden, which got severe, and Bangi Haze was almost completely resistant... I was so happy I chose Bangi Haze as a choice.

Thanks OldPathBluSky for share your Bangi Haze start! :smile:

Powdery mildew (Oidium) has been also a severe problem for most outdoor gardens here in our mediterranean coast, seems not only a local problem. Many spanish and european growers are reporting oidium problems this season.

Global warming is breaking natural equilibriums and each year one kind of plague hits hardly growers. We must prevent and dont trust, each year is going worst.

Im glad Bangi Haze is resisting fungus attacks. Please, keep us updated with progresses!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OldPathBluSky said:
Hello, this may seem like a dumb question, but I want to know for sure. How do you pronunciate bangi? ban-gee, bang-ee... bung-ee? I just want to know the correct pronunciation, thanks.

hehehe no dumb question.

It's pronunciated 'ban - gee' :smile: Syllable 'Ban' carries the accent.

Thank you dubi for the pronunciation, and for the wonderful strain... Like I said, my garden got hit with powdery mildew and I had 6 strains going: Mindbender, UK Cheese x BB Cheese, Aurora Indica, Chronics Revenge II, Sweet Tai, and Bangi Haze. I had to top all those other plants to save them, all except the Bangi Haze. Every other strain got stunted when the oidium hit, but the Bangi Haze was the only strain that kept growing strong and healthy. Thanks again for the contribution of this strain, definetly my favorite!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Raco said:
Dubi :wave:
I´m glad you enjoyed...thx!

I made the cross in 2005,and gave away all the seeds :D

That's a good thing friend. As esben says, sharing is caring :smile:

Looks like an excellent sativa/indica f1 hybrid. Both strains are excellent breeding stock so you can expect only good things!

rifishman

Flowering Time?

Flowering Time?

Has anyone completed a successful indoor hydro with the Bangi? My current grow is still packing on weight and I had to put in some bamboo stakes on several plants as the cola's were drooping over from the weight.

I am just finishing week 7 on 1000hps with 16 plants in 2 Eurogrowers and have been examining the trichomes ever day and they are still crystal clear with just a few turning a bit milky white.

I am keeping a keen eye on them and can't wait to try some out.

rifishman said:
Has anyone completed a successful indoor hydro with the Bangi? My current grow is still packing on weight and I had to put in some bamboo stakes on several plants as the cola's were drooping over from the weight.

I am just finishing week 7 on 1000hps with 16 plants in 2 Eurogrowers and have been examining the trichomes ever day and they are still crystal clear with just a few turning a bit milky white.

I am keeping a keen eye on them and can't wait to try some out.

Got any pics?

rifishman

To all: Finally starting to chop my Bangi's. Pulled nearly 3 full oz from each plant (after trimming) and they are hanging up to dry now.

The buds are spectacular and fairly abundant.

Here are a few of the cola shots:

Thanks Ace (Dubi) for a great strain. Can't wait to get my hands on some of the F6 of the Bangi as well as some of your other strains.

:rasta:

patolunga2

rifishman!! well done!! :headbange
for sure you got the skills!! and the ACE the genetics ;) , that bangi looks amazing!! for sure have to be a killer smoke!

happy growing everyone!

patolunga