What's new

Back From The Wilderness

RudeDog

Veteran
The Lemon Garlic OG failed.

We're up and running...veg tent any way, flower tent not far off. I reckon I've over cooked the extraction though, that 8" S & P fan is too powerful and doesn't take well to a controller.

The Super Skunk (Back left) had a hard time of it, I didn't put it deep enough in the clay balls to begin with. She's on the mend now and thrown a tap root down in to the water.

I've bought a bag of coco and Ionic nutes to do a few plants in 15 litre pots as well. Alpha Diesel x Chem D in the small pot of coco in the photo above. Back right is Chem D x Sensi Star x Snack Jack......

And the front right.....Sharksbreath x Bubba Kush doing the best out of the lot.

The ph of the reservoirs is at 5.8 and the EC 0.8, my tap water is EC 0.6 and citric acid isn't much good in these bubblers.

Thanks for looking and if anyone has any pointers on coco grows, I'm all ears. :tiphat:

theherbalizor

Veteran
You need a variac transformer type controller for the s&p silent fans. The varister type make it whine like a bitch and will kill it dead in about a month

HereIgrowagain

Them bubblers look like Burco boilers RD, nice n shiny :) Citric acid is much good? is or isn't? I have a starting ec of 0.49 and a starting ph of 6.5 from the tap.

RudeDog

Veteran
Thanks Pheonix, I was looking forward to that one also, nevermind though I've germed another four seeds. Cherryjuana, Blueberry Headband, Black Widow x Blue Lemon Thai and a Purple Haze from G13 labs. I'm going down the multi strain route chucking a plant in to flower every so often.

HereIgrowagain

Keep us posted on the grow ongoing mate ;)

I have a Black widow x blue lemon thai so will be interested in seeing the thai in action, among'st others

RudeDog

Veteran
Cheers Herb...I've bought one of those variac controllers but haven't tried it yet, Job for the weekend.

BW x BLT at the front left and Cherryjuana at the back left. I can't remember what the other bigger plant is now.

These two are coming along nicely now, had a bit of trouble getting the ph right, you can see the leaf damage on the right hand plant. Going to pot these up to 5" net pots and in to 10l buckets for a week or two before flowering in 20l buckets.

Veg tent, there's a wiff of vegging ganja in the air.

Super Skunk, not sure what's happened with her. Roots are look healthy enough.

Extraction for the veg tent is on the list of things to do now as well.

Onwards to flowering.

Peace. :tiphat:

B

bigganjabud

All looking good in here rd

I've left a little nugg of my red poison each for you and Phoenix its in the tin mate

Il be back next week with a doob of the cream caramel

RudeDog

Veteran
Thanks BGB...Think I'll be joining you in growing Sweet Seeds stuff. I'm looking to get some seeds.

RudeDog

Veteran
Up and running...4 days in to flower, 20 litre buckets. Had a few problems with ph fluctuating while vegging but I'm getting to grips with what's going on in the bubblers.

Variac controller is a great investment, fan running on the lowest setting is really quiet and just the job.

Bubba Kush x Sharksbreath on the right, Alpha Diesel x Chem D x Snack Jack on the left.

I'll get some lights out photos when I figure out exactly when the lights are off.

Bit of a learning curve for me to say the least.

:tiphat:

RudeDog

Veteran
Lights Off Photos

Lights Off Photos

The Bubba cross is a bit of a stinker already. Change of res tonight.

Peace

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
^^ I can deffo now see the Bubba in my tiger milk from looking at your pics RD mate, she looks identical in structure to my tiger milk which is a cross of the pre 92 bubba kush.

RudeDog

Veteran
RIL..Thnaks mate.

DD, your Tiger Milk looks sweet. Had a bit of a struggle with the ph in the Bubba's bucket. I've taken cuttings to run again.

lookin good mate. Hope you having a good weekend too.
Yeah, variac do a great job, and with this cold weather we are having, it really helps when the airflow doesnt help by bringing in colder air.

May I ask, how often do you have to fix/check ph weekly?
Also what range of temps are your water?

Interested in doing hydro. Gotta learn so i can try.
Also, if you feel the plant needs support, what options do you have?
I use a bamboo sticks in my soil pots. Im guessing a net is most commonly used with hydro setups?
Lovely clean setup you have mate. Spot on...

Anyways, ignore me if im just blethering away...lol, smoked a bit too much ssh this morning.

Wishing you a great and happy sunday mate. :tiphat:

oh yeah, hope the knee is getting better, and the weather isnt affecting it badly mate.
Peace.

Last edited:

Top.Shelf

All looking good RudeDog! The one on the first pic has a good structure, will let plentt of light down into the lower stuff. The other looks nice too, huge fan leaves!