What's new

Autoflower Mentor

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To be honest it's not something i've ever dabbled with.

I keep it pretty simple for myself, grow, bloom and molasses. All organic.

But my local grow shop swore by powdered nutrients, and my friend also said he saw a difference when he used a booster very similar to cha-ching.

He didn't do a comparison though, so it could have well been a placebo for his views on his plants.

Try it though and do a trial on plants with and plants without in your grow, and let us all know your opinion.

blackosprey

Will do, man. What is your molasses timing? I tend to start week 6 and use one tablespoon/gallon until 1 week before chop.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man, I use it from about day 25 (strain dependant) until about a week before when I switch to plain water.

But I use in quite low doses, 2-3 generous teaspoons to a 25 litre bucket.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, sorry I.have been MIA, from this forum, I.made.the move out to.spain, no real internet in the mountains where I am as of yet, but theres potential here for some good AF grows come 2013 :)
wishing everyone some good AF karma right now, ta Mitch

Ichabod

So, what's best for autos-18/6 or 24/0??

Yeah--I've been wondering that, too.

I'm a newbie, and right now, I just want to have some pot ASAP. So, I've been considering growing an Autoflowering strain. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've been looking at Dutch Passion's "Think Different". Do any of you have experience with this strain, or seed company?

And yeah--I've been curious about how many hours to have the lights on. 18 or 24? Does the plant need a resting cycle?

Maybe Mitch_Connor's Auto-Grow Guide will be put out here soon...I sure hope so.

Thanks everyone---Happy Growing

Femora

I'm looking for a strain that is ALMOST AF.
I would like to be able to veg it under 24/0, but when I put her outside in June will the 22/2 (21/3~) be enough to force her into flowering.

I can't find what Im looking for even with my friend Google...

Ideas and tips? :)

InHumboldt

So hello and I'm starting a autogrow to my already running plants. I just put two W.W. auto fem seeds to soak and just in a bit the Auto Assassins. I'm seeking a male and female of the sativa dominate "super" pheno as well as a pair of shorties from the AAs What is the frequency of the different phenos in AA? Anyone know if it's a even split and say 6 seeds do or it may take a few to get the set I'm after? I hope to make seed and whish to make two lines from the raw AAs --a compact low oder and a super auto line. The super line is for F1s with Guerrilla Ryder--the little ones go with the WW started today.

caligirl

Hi mitch, Ive been growing photo plants for years but this is my first attempt at autos (freebies w/ purchase). Ive got Samsara Seeds auto ultraviolet femm. and G13 labs auto diesel femm. Questions to you are:
-Is indoors under 600hps or outdoors in summer best for yield and quality with autos?
-Because their development is so quick, if you use a rich, organic soil, do you need to feed much?
-Because of their rapid growth and maturity, is there a cap on container size (is three gallon too big and a waste?)
-Does early pinching encourage more growth and yield like it does on photos or does it set them back?

Caligirl
Try a private message directly to Mitch, I like you am finding that these forums are sometimes not current, so I began the private messaging so at least I know that those folks are seeing my questions. Click on their name and you will be taken to a private message screen. Hope this helps us both!
mg

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-Is indoors under 600hps or outdoors in summer best for yield and quality with autos?
-Because their development is so quick, if you use a rich, organic soil, do you need to feed much?
-Because of their rapid growth and maturity, is there a cap on container size (is three gallon too big and a waste?)
-Does early pinching encourage more growth and yield like it does on photos or does it set them back?

Depends on where you are growing but I would imagine a 600w indoors should do pretty well.

I would let your plant dictate feeding with such good soil. If it starts to look a bit yellow give it something.

I would say three gallon is a great size container. Something like a gallon of container for every foot of plant and some extra room to let it stretch its roots never hurts. But anything bigger unless they are known to be taller then 3 feet is starting to be wastefull.

LST'ing is a good way to increase yield.

Last edited:
C

cyber echo

6 auto females (LST'd) per 600w got me a tad over 1 gpw, so thats a good config imho for autos indoor.

They do great with the coco medium, you can grow monsters out of 1-2 gal pots, I'd defo recommend you try it. I hit my 1gpw target with just 3.6L pots (<1 Gal) but I moved on to 7.6 (~2 Gal) pots as they proved to be friendlier to grow in overall (less root bound and less frequent waterings needed).

caligirl

im wondering if auto's do better out side in june in nor cal or indoors under 600 watts. Never grown autos before and cant decide if i want use the electricity on them (yield justify cost) or put them outside in beginning or mid summer

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry guys I've had 4 months and counting with no Internet other phone sporadically.
600w indoor with the right AF strain choice and grow method can be very productive.
I wouldn't want to sway you one way or the other, perhaps an idea would be to start them indoors and move outside once they are established. That way you could play it by ear and sum up as you go as to whether you want to use the electricity or not.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Is 20/4 from seed the best light cycle to use for auto's?

Does anyone have any experience of auto sweet mango from greenhouse seeds and auto Critical Jack Herer from delicious seeds?

Height could turn out to be an issue in my space. I have room for a taller plant and a shorter plant but if both are tall I need to plan accordingly.

Just how tall and big can I expect the auto critical jack herer to get for example?

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the light cycle is what you make of it.

I've tried a variety of light cycles during one grow, and then other grows used a set cycle from sprout to harvest.

You can't really go too wrong.

It's more of a personal trade-off between electricity use and production. But I didn't observe any major differences.

I wouldn't advise below 16 hours on for good growth.

And personally I like to give long hours of light 24-20 during the seedling/veg/preflowering stage, then if electricity use becomes a concern, knock it down once flowering has set in.

Sorry, can't help with the strains you mention.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AWFULLY glad you convinced the powers that be!!! AF's are not for everyone, but growing exponentially in popularity!! I love 'em!! Been growing them now for nearly 5 yrs. Things have improved dramatically genetics wise since the early yrs!!